- Lagoon Villa 412 is not at all like the pictures on the website or on tripadvisor it was quite run down and very tired
- The bathroom is tiny (if you stretch out your arms you can touch both walls from the shower across to the toilet) it was also grimy, the floors are discoloured and cracking, the bed is very uncomfortable you just sink in with no back support and overall the unit was old and not well kept
- The biggest problem are the roommates above for their noise and smell i.e. birds, every morning at 6 am the birds start to fly around the room and get in from the cracks in the roof (see pictures) then begin the bird orchestra where they all chirp none stop for 1.5h in unison; it slows down by 8 am. If I was on a nature trip i might appreciate this but really it was just torture. When we told front desk they said they would send someone, they never came when we were around and as far as we could tell it made no difference.
- There are no screen coverings on the washroom or closet room windows, just metal bars so bugs can easily enter the entire unit - best to keep both doors closed at all times
- The villa stunk of bird nest and after heavy rain it smelled even worse, this is unacceptable and completely unsanitary; it was so awful we checked out 2 days early and moved to another hotel especially if you have allergies or asthma we found this situation unbearable.
- The welcome drinks and towels were a nice touch after a very long flight
- The staff was friendly and the general grounds are beautiful as advertised
- There was a band playing in the evening when we arrived and also the next morning at 9 am there was traditional music with children performing (nice but a bit early)
- Breakfast was filled with a nice selection of western and local dishes, with an egg station and plenty of fresh fruit (despite what other reviews I'd consider a positive)
- Laundry service is fast and well priced our garments came back the same day
- a convenient location for Seminyak in the city (away from the beach)
- The hotel provides a buggy service to Bhen Thang market close to Seminyak road and close to plenty of good shopping
This is not the vacation we were expecting and at the price point listed it is certainly what I expect of a 3 or 4 star hotel. I would recommend against booking here unless you don't mind be woken by birds and living with roaches.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villas Bali: Villa Seminyak Estate & Spa awaits you with a combination of traditional and Luxury private pool villas with private swimming pools, is the perfect group or family villa, Honeymoon, Holidays, and vacation choice for a memorable get together with friends or for your family holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, TravelUp, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Villa Seminyak Estate & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Seminyak Estate And Spa
- Villa Seminyak Estate Hotel Seminyak
- Villa Seminyak Estate & Spa Bali