“Communication just not happening”

Double-Six Luxury Hotel Seminyak
Ranked #16 of 147 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed 15 August 2014

I have recently sent an email direct to the Double Six Hotel on their contact us section to enquire about rooms upgrades and in particular their private pool rooms. As I was looking to purchase an opening special price through Luxury Escapes and it was important for me to know if we could pay to upgrade to another room when we were ready to make a booking. It has now been 4 days since I sent the email and still no response. Unfortunately the special deal that was on offer through Luxury Escapes has now lapsed and is no longer available. I understand that this fabulous looking resort will be inundated with visitors in its early days but as a regular visitor to Bali it would have been great to experience this new hotel however if the communication between hotel and client is not happening then how can we be confident in what is happening with the rest of the hotel.
YOUR FRONT OF HOUSE ADMINISTRATION is the front line of your business!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
9  Thank Chris6192
DheerajBagai, Hotel Manager at Double-Six Luxury Hotel Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2015

Dear Guest,

Please accept my sincere apologies for the delayed in response..

This is something which is really not expected out of us. We have taken corrective measures to ensure no such lapse in future..

We would like to welcome you at Double-Six Luxury Hotel, Seminyak whenever your leisure brings you back to Bali..

There are newer reviews for Double-Six Luxury Hotel Seminyak

Reviewed 14 August 2014

“Simply Spectacular”.......10 Stars
We recently stayed at Double Six, Seminyak for our Honeymoon. Arriving quite late in the evening we were so pleased we had pre-arranged our Transport with Double Six Hotel. We were so thrilled to be greeted at Bali Airport by the smiling faces of Tea & Agus who escorted us to the Double Six luxury vehicle, presented us with a cool hand towel & a welcome drink, Tea directed our attention to the bottles of water that were also available in the car. Driver Agus asked if the music playing was suitable for us. We sat back & relaxed as we travelled to Double Six Hotel, whilst Tea processed our Hotel Registration in the vehicle, we realised that this was going to be a very exciting & different experience to other Hotels.

As we pulled up to Double Six, we were once again greeted by smiling Butlers & Bell Boys, the entrance was nothing short of Spectacular.
As Registration was done en-route to the Hotel, we were immediately escorted to our enormous luxuriously appointed Ocean View Suite. Tea introduced us to our Butler Gary who explained the features of the Suite, mood lighting, iPod docking station, bar & fridge stocked with every imaginable variety of nibbles & drinks; fine tea & of course bottled water, large flat screen TV in the lounge/bedroom area, large flat screen TV over the gorgeous soaking bath, fruit bowl, Hermes shower products & an Amenities box full of anything that you may have forgotten to pack plus more. Our Butler Gary advised that our room would be made up in the mornings whilst we were out & also made up/turned down in the early evening, complete with delivery of an ice bucket, ideal for sunset drinks on our balcony
Gary then escorted us out to our large Balcony with views overlooking the pool, restaurant & beach – I knew at this point I would not want to leave the grounds of this resort for the next 14 days. As we said goodnight to Tea & our Butler Gary, we sat on our Balcony & took in the beautiful view of this magnificent Hotel.

Breakfast - 0700-1100 (very reasonable hours suiting early birds & late sleepers), each morning we were greeted by the lovely ladies who escort you to Breakfast.
The Restaurant is where you then experience Exceptional Customer Service at is finest, Headed by the very Eloquent & Beautiful Chedney, her staff are simply amazing, they have been trained to exacting standards without the stuffiness or the pomp & ceremony, they are engaging & delightful to talk to & their knowledge of the menu & wines is outstanding. The Restaurant itself delivers the most Delicious, Healthy, & Nutritious A La Carte Menu in Bali. Coffee any way you like; freshly made juices – our favourites Pink Panther & Ginger Ninja, Starters: house made Granola; Double Six Bircher Muesli; Seconds: Fine cut Seasonal fruits; 3rd: Organic Egg White Omlette with asparagus & even a Pastry Drive By – plus many many more, you will never be bored from this menu & neither will you be needing lunch after these selections.

The staff behind the Bar work seamlessly together, grating, shaking & blending juices with amazing speed & efficiency, I recommend sitting at the Bar at least one morning for breakfast, watch & be amazed at their proficiency. Also a great stop for a late night cocktail & some conversation with the staff.

Equally Superb is the menu for Dinner of which we regularly feasted. We tried the set menu & struggled on the third course, let alone the most amazing Tiramisu that followed. We ate in the Restaurant on several occasions & each dinner never failed to please. A must try are the Arancini Balls & also the Calamari Fritti for Starters, fish for mains…Delicious
The pool lunch menu is also fabulous, Nasi Goreng; chicken club sandwich – not just a slice of thin chicken – more like a full meal. I cannot say enough about the quality & freshness of the meals that the Restaurant produces.

Acqua Perla Spa – it not only looks beautiful, it delivers amazing therapies – Thank you to Septi & Yanthi

Double Six have hired & trained the most amazing staff, in all areas of this Hotel, they are a great representation for Double Six & made our stay both memorable & great fun.

Our very special thank you's to:
Head Butler Erickson, he is humorous, considerate & an absolute delight to talk to.
All of the Butlers – especially the very lovely Ayu for looking after us I wish I could talk with you every day.
Breakfast & Dinner – the Beautiful Chedney, it has been a pleasure talking with you, you made us feel as though we have been staying here for years. Your staff Ayu, Kadek & Kiki are so engaging, in fact all of the staff in the Restaurant/Bar are fabulous.
Pool Staff – Putu thank you for your big smile, conversation & always making us feel like we are old friends, also to Yosep & many more,
Pool Guy: Komeng – a polite, smiling & gentle person whom I had lovely conversations with each day
Driver: Agus
& of course to the gorgeous Ladies at Reception, especially Tea, thank you.

We would particularly like to thank Hotel Manager, Dhee for making our experience at the Magnificent Double Six so very special, Dhee was always available & visible to all Guests right through from Breakfast to Dinner, something which is quite rare these days, he is personable, genuine & very professional. Dhee & his staff are the reason that we will return to stay at Double Six Hotel in future.

To the many other staff that I have not mentioned I apologise, however please know that your smiling faces & your “nothing is too much trouble” attitude made our holiday memorable & great fun. You are all amazing & great representatives for Double Six. Your Managers should be very proud of you all.

We have been travelling to Bali for the last 16 years & have always stayed at a couple of our favourite Hotels throughout this time, however nothing will ever compare to our experience at Double Six Hotel – Simply Spectacular definitely 10 stars.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 214 - Beautiful Views to the Beach
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
17  Thank Jo B
DheerajBagai, Manager at Double-Six Luxury Hotel Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

You made our day!

Thank you for such fantastic feedback! On behalf of the team, please accept our sincerest thanks for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor.

I am happy to have made your holidays a memorable one, and look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Bali for another amazing holidays.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

We have just had six wonderful days at the Double Six hotel. I have stayed in some fabulous hotels before, but Double Six surpasses all others! The room was beautifully designed, with stunning views over the ocean, and we could sit on our balcony and watch the breathtaking sunsets. The service was exceptional - the staff, especially our butler, could not do enough for us. Thank you all! The breakfast, with its a la carte menu, was simply the best ever!
I would award this hotel 10 stars if I could. The best place we have ever stayed. We will DEFINITELY be back next year!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
10  Thank Jane P

Dear Guest,

It is such a delight to read that you enjoyed everything that Double-Six Luxury Hotel has to offer.

Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

As great as this hotel sounds I am getting very frustrated . I have called 16 times to book a hotel room with a voucher I bought .

Every person I have spoke to has been so nice but I have had no answer back .

I can not book flights unless I get confirmation of accommodation .

I have requested this 12 times .

2 bed suite for 2 adults 2 children and an infant .

As it stands the flights have already gone up $100 pp .

Stayed: August 2014
5  Thank claire F

Dear Guest,

Please accept my sincere apologies for the delay in response..

This is something which is really not expected out of us however I am delighted that you had a good experience during your stay with us..

We look forward to welcome you back at Double-Six Luxury Hotel, Seminyak whenever your leisure brings you back to Bali..

Reviewed 11 August 2014

I recently stayed at Double Six, Bali, Seminyak for about 17 days. I have never experienced such luxury, comfort, courtesy and pleasure. The rooms are immaculate, the staff are so helpful and they all go to great lengths to make you feel welcomed and comfortable. The inclusive breakfast and the culinary experience is exemplary. You tell them at breakfast what you would like to eat, and, as a vegetarian, I have never felt so satisfied

Max Lynch

Room Tip: Speak with Mr D, the Manager, or any Assistant Manager for information about rooms with the best sce...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Maxwell L

Dear Guest,

It is such a delight to read that you enjoyed everything that Double-Six Luxury Hotel has to offer and it was pleasure meeting you during your stay with us..

Reviewed 11 August 2014

I am a business traveler and my business takes me to various parts of Asia. I have always been staying in hotels like Mandarin Oriental, St. Regis, W Hotels but this time on my recent visit to Bali I stayed at Double-Six

I must say that all the previous hotels were fantastic however Double-Six was different. This place is perfectly suitable for travelers as its not only accommodation but it’s a happening place

The staff is just amazing and always ready to go out of their way to help…From check-in to check-out, be it breakfast or any meal – it was just divine

Rooms are being refreshed twice a day with Butlers all around, just felt being pampered

Thank you Double-Six – can’t wait to come back

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
8  Thank Sashi1966

Dear Guest,

It is such a delight to read that you enjoyed everything that Double-Six Luxury Hotel has to offer and it was great to meet you during your stay with us..

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Today our young daughter fell by the pool (her own fault) and hurt herself to the point that we were worried she had broken her leg. The staff were brilliant. Their kindness and professionalism were simply stunning, and they were incredibly reassuring. I was waiting to write about how super special the hotel is, but I think it even more important to highlight how super special the people at Double-Six are. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
12  Thank ainsliehodgkinson

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words regarding our team. Care and affection towards all our guest is our goal and i am happy you acknowledged that..