“Quiet perfection”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Dining Room
Kitchen
Entrance
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

ranulph
Blackpool
“Quiet perfection”
Reviewed 18 October 2017 for a stay in September 2017

This review is a little late as not well right at the end of the holiday! However, this was a great place to stay. It is located at the end of a longish drive, through an old wooden door. You enter into a light and spacious living area with comfy seating, a large dining table and a kitchen/bar area to your right. The three bedrooms are spacious, each with a spacious toilet/shower room partly open to the sky. The aircon in the bedrooms worked well (just remember to keep the doors closed!) and the beds were very big and comfortable.
The buildings also have a feeling of age and charm, lovely wood and features on the roofs.
The pool was just right for cooling off at any time of the day. The tiles have been well chosen to make the pool so inviting, the water was clean and clear. Such a great central feature!
The lady who came each day to look after the place, Nyoman (sorry if we misspelled this!) was lovely and friendly; if you ask she can arrange to cook breakfast for a small fee. She will try and help with other things if she can (such as medicine...). There is also a friendly man who does gardening duties.
We did have a problem with the sunbed coverings having ripped, they were to be recovered but not while we were there. However, we were told to use the bedroom seating covers on them, which made for very comfortable sunbeds!
Eric is actually just next door, he came to see us a couple of times and is a friendly chap who can advise on places to eat out (he likes a party every now and then...).
All in all a good choice away from the hustle and bustle (it was very quiet) but taxis are cheap so no problem; recommended.

Date of stay: September 2017
mel_reid4
Sydney, Australia
“Great villa”
Reviewed 25 October 2016 for a stay in October 2016
people found this review helpful

There was five of us and we were not crammed on top of each other.
If you don't want to be right in the middle of all the hustle and bustle with all the tourists, then this is where to stay. You are only 15mins by car to Kuta and even closer to Seminyak.
There are great little cafes and restaurants within walking distance of the villa. Highly recommend the cafe Monsieur Spoon only 20 metres down the street. Great little French bakery with awesome food for breakfast and lunch and wonderfully friendly staff.
The staff at the villa are also wonderful, so friendly and happy to help with whatever you need.

Date of stay: October 2016
How easy was it to book the property? Overall condition of the property
Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Staff
Travelling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
25 Oct 2016
Thank you for staying with us. Hope that we can host you again in your next trip :)
Eric L
June H
“When a snake has better manners. . .”
Reviewed 4 October 2016 for a stay in October 2016
person found this review helpful

The villa is beautiful and the pool is a lot bigger than I expected. I was so close to nature, a snake came into my bathroom and rested in the toiletries basket, just like a B-grade horror flick. I pulled my hand back fast enough when I was reaching for my stuff and avoided more drama. Thankfully, Eric, the owner was quick to come over to handle that, he's very friendly and welcoming. He was so helpful and accommodating. Bu Nyioman was lovely and super helpful, her sunny disposition made the stay even better. Eric, Bu Nyioman and even the snake made the stay memorable for all the right reasons.

However, the contact person/customer service personnel, Rosa whom we had to deal with was unbelievably rude. I have not met anyone from anywhere during my years of travel who would talk to a guest in such a nasty manner. I have always thought of Balinese as friendly and warm people, when this was mentioned to her, she replied "First of all, I'm not Balinese people. So, you are right that I'm not one of them."

What? Not "one of them"??? How disrespectful to the Balinese. Nothing wrong with being "one of them" - I happen to like "them" people!! Very much!

She goes on to say
"If you think I don't threat (sic - maybe not "sic" *LOL*) the guests well, well, it's your opinion. You may think what you want about me"

Seriously people, I couldn't make this up!!!

The whole experience would have been excellent if not for the very unpleasant experience with this lady. So I would suggest she takes a "chill pill" and just be polite to all your guests. Seriously.

Date of stay: October 2016
Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The pool, the friendly owner, Eric and Bu Nyioman
Liked least: The rude service from Rosa
Travelling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
19 Oct 2016
Hello
Thank you for your review.
Actually i'm the owner of the villa, and it's the first time for rosa, my assistant, have an incident with my guess. She works for me for now 2 years.
I think it's just a misunderstanding between you and her.

Feel free to contact me if it's happen

Best regards
Eric Lemonnier the owner
Kelly O
“Amazing villa in quiet area”
Reviewed 4 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016
people found this review helpful

4 friends and I stayed here and was just amazing! The area is quiet but close enough to Seminyak that you can go shopping or go for a bite. All the staff are friendly and helpful. We literally spent 70% of our time by the pool or in the amazing outdoor dining area just chilling. If your looking for a villa near Seminyak but don't want noise definitely give this villa a try, we stayed for 6 nights and didn't want to leave!

Date of stay: July 2016
5 Jul 2016
Hi Kelly and friends,
Glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay in our villa. Hope to host you again in your next trip in Bali ;)
Kind regards,
Rosa for Eric
nurulsala...
Palembang, Indonesia
“Ms”
Reviewed 14 April 2016 for a stay in April 2016

I love this hotel sooooooo much
I have spent 3nights in here with my friends, and we love it. Not only because of the property, but Mr Eric as an owner of it is just soooooo nice to us. He trusted us and he treated us very nice.
And the staff that have been cleaning all over the villa every morning and cook us breakfast every morning as we order is made everything perfect!
Thankyou so much for letting us stay and every privileges that u had given to us, Mr Eric!!!!

Date of stay: April 2016
22 Apr 2016
Hi Nurul,

Thank you for staying with us. Hope to see you again in your next trip.
See you :)

Kind regards,
Rosa for Eric
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
$USD
United Kingdom
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.