“Beautiful Villa and Staff”
Review of Pradha Villas

Pradha Villas
Ranked #66 of 144 Hotels in Seminyak
Perth, Australia
“Beautiful Villa and Staff”
Reviewed 8 November 2013 via mobile

Had a beautiful stay at Pradha Villas. We stayed in villa 5. There are some (insignificant) signs of wear as noted in other reviews but they are barely noticeable. The pool is amazing, little jacuzzi, great comfy beds, pure and attentive staff. Best location in Seminyak!

Stayed November 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Spent a week here with my girlfriend. Pros: Large, nice indoor/outdoor flow, GREAT pool, private, lovely staff. Cons: Everything is a bit dated, kitchen poorly stocked, breakfast was average, cleaning was a bit hit and miss.
Overall it was sufficient. We got it for a good price, but DON'T pay the rack rate, there are much nicer places to be had elsewhere. Little details just weren't up to scratch, like the TV channels weren't tuned in properly, the stereo was wired wrong, dust in the corners, mildew in draws etc... Everything was just a bit old and worn out, but 6-8 years ago i imagine it was lovely. Also we asked the staff to organise a driver for 1 day, he was terrible, wasted half the day driving us to his friends business for a kickback, took terrible routes, lied etc... not what you would expect for something organised by the hotel. Overall i would recommend if you get it for less than $180 USD per night, anymore and take your money down the road cuz this place ain't worth more!

Room Tip: Only saw the one room. If you book a 1 bedroom, they chuck you in a 2 bedroom with 1 door locked.
1 Thank Gabelong
Rome, Italy
Reviewed 12 October 2013

It's a perfect place for relaxing from the crowded streets of Bali. Very close to all good restaurants and shops, it's set inside a quiet road. The villa was very nicely furnished, service staff was very attentive and available for any need. There are here and there some signs of time and the jacuzzi outside was rather cold to use...Food was not superb, but room Spa service was good.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 1 October 2013

My family (myself, husband, two teenage girls 14 and 16) stayed here in a 2 bedroom villa for a week in late September this year. PradHa villas are indeed very well located being walking distance to almost everything that matters in Seminyak. They are set back in a laneway so that they are well away from the hustle and bustle of the main streets. They are about 5 minutes' walk to Seminyak Square and to Seminyak beach, a minute or so's walk from Grocer and Grind (a good cafe for breakfast and lunch - they do serve dinners but I didn't think much of them for dinner), about 10 minutes' walk to' Eat Street' (Oberoi) and 10 minutes' walk to the main part of the street called Pettingret where there are also some good eateries - Potatoe Head (very upbeat: teenagers will love it) being probably the most well known on that street, although our teenagers also liked The Deck. Gourmet Cafe further up Pettingret is about 15 minutes' walk from the villas but the walk is worth it as it is a really good cafe. The villa is within 5-10 mins' walk from La Lucciola restaurant (very good), and about 15-20 mins' walk to Ku Te Da (lovely) - both of which, like Potatoe Head, have excellent beach aspects. There is a very good hairdresser/treatment place just 2 minutes' walk from the villas walking towards Grocer and Grind, and 'Cool Spa' (also just near Grocer and Grind walking towards Seminyak Square) too is also very good indeed and reasonably priced.

Anyway, I digress a little. So, Back to the villas - first the plusses:

The villas were pretty comfortable and the pool, which both bedrooms immediately look onto was warm, larger than I expected and a lovely treat after the heat of the Bali day.
The lounge/dining area was spacious with a large overhead fan and there was a quite modern kitchen with a fridge and hob, and filtered (but not chilled) water, but no microwave.
The bedrooms were airconditioned and this worked well, and the beds were comfortable and the two ensuite bathrooms were large both with showers and baths and the main bedroom had an outdoor shower which was nice. Both bedrooms had TVs and DVDs and there was a TV in the dining room area too.
Many people have complained on this site about the breakfasts (which for us were included in the price), but I thought they were overall pretty good especially the Nasi Goreng and Mi Goreng and the banana pancakes were delicious - although it is true that after a few days, the lack of variety did start to become very noticeable. I had assumed the breakfasts were cooked in your villa, but this did not occur, and the breakfasts were brought to you on platters at the time you requested the day before from a menu. You could even have breakfast at different times according to the needs of your family - so one day, my husband and kids ate very early, but I had my breakfast two hours' later - this flexibility was most appreciated. However, I could not understand why they never left us a menu to select breakfast for the next day in our villa or even when they brought the breakfast - we always had to ask reception for the menu to select from.
The staff at the villas were pleasant, helpful and courteous almost all the time and helped us book tours. We were also able to book a driver for a couple of days when we wanted to explore the surrounding areas (we went to Sanur one day, and to the Bali Safari and Marine Park (excellent) another day - our driver was Noman, the uncle of Butu who works at the villas, and he was exceptionally friendly and efficient and reasonably priced and I recommend you ask for him.
The in-room dining option was also very good - we had some friends over for dinner one night and had the villas cater a three course meal for us from a wide menu, and it was well priced and the good was mostly good.
I used the in-house treatment service the villas can arrange for you offer and had manicure in my villa which was reasonably priced at about $10 for 45 minutes and the lady who came was pleasant and did a good manicure.

The main reason I am not giving the villas a "very good" rating (I don't care for the "average" tag Tripadvisor uses, preferring to rate this villa as "good") is because of the minusses for the villas overall, which meant that I feel the villas are overpriced compared to other villas available for the same price in Seminyak which are more modern and upmarket and offer more in the way of inclusions (for example no massages were included in the price we paid, although other similar quality villas in similar areas in Seminyak did include these).

The minusses are as follows:

The villa we stayed in was definitely showing signs of age all around.
The drawers in the main bathroom smelt really musty and moldy upon opening them and this smell never went away the time we were there.
The furniture in the bathroom and around the villa generally was starting to look chipped and worn in many places.
The floor in the lounge/dining area seemed to me to have a lot of stains/dirty marks on it. There was ash on the floor when we arrived that was never cleaned away.
I felt the decor of the villas generally was rather dark and rather dated, and the lighting arrangements
were mostly pretty poor so that at night there did not seem to be enough good light to read by. This was particularly true in the bathrooms in the evening where one could hardly see enough to put on makeup the lighting was so inadequate.
The housekeeping was not particularly efficient or practical: I originally, and repeatedly, asked for extra bath towels as they only provided one bath towel per person, and each day, the housekeepers would take away all the bath towels and only give us one each again. We originally were given one hand towel and one facewasher each, but after day one, the housekeepers gave us only one hand and facewasher between two of us. There was never a handtowel provided for the third toilet and I had to ask them twice to put toilet paper in that toilet when it ran out as they did not seem to check this. There was no handtowel provided for the kitchen area either, and so I had to use the one from the bathroom.
The toilet in the main bathroom was rather inefficient, requiring several flushes, and on two days, the toilet and bath in the main bathroom did not seem as if they had been cleaned properly by the housekeeping.
One of the lights in the main bathroom broke, and I reported it, but it was never fixed.
The shower in the main bathroom often dripped constantly.
The wooden planks under the shower in the main bathroom where the water drained away were a little uneven and wobbled a bit.
The option of providing filtered water through a machine in the kitchen and which was not chilled and was in fact often quite warm, rather than supplying bottled water each day, wasn't very practical. We regularly had to ensure we had empty bottles of water available to fill up with the filtered water and chill in the fridge overnight. Not particularly helpful if you wanted a cold drink quickly.
The mosquito protection provided in the bedrooms/lounge area did not work well at night and we were all bitten. There were no mosquito nets on the beds and given that the main ensuite bathroom was partly open air, this meant that mozzies came into the adjoining bedroom at night a lot.
We were annoyed that the transport we paid for which the villas has arranged to pick us up from Nusa Dua to bring us to Pradha Villas ended up being a very small car indeed and three of us were cramped in the back seat most uncomfortably on a long 1.5 hour trip in terrible traffic. Since we found out during our stay that the villas have some much more comfortable and bigger vehicles available, we are unsure why this very small car was provided to pick us up as it was not a pleasant journey.

Overall I do not think the 2 bedroom villa we stayed in was value for money because of the shortcomings mentioned above. They may seem relatively minor, but these villas are not cheap and I think there is better quality around for the price.

I think that there are more modern/newer 1bedroom villas available at PradHa villas, but I think the 2 bedroom villa we stayed in (villa 8) was quite dated and older than the 1 bedroom ones ( I poked my head quickly into a 1 bed villa while I was there when it was being cleaned and it did seem smarter and newer than ours). The two bedroom villa we were in was clearly in need of maintenance and an overall update. Once this is done I think these villas will represent much better value for money. They are comfortable and pleasant villas to stay in, but we felt they are somewhat overpriced.

By way of a side tip - avoid flying Virgin to Bali. We flew from Melbourne to Bali and back with Virgin and thought they were terrible, extremely disorganised and clearly trying to save money on quality service for the passengers. They use very small planes so you felt cramped the whole flight. There were only two toilets being available for over 160 people. so the queues were ridiculous (there was another toilet at the front of the plane but it was reserved for business class passengers). There were long waits to check in both at Melbourne and in Denpasur airports and the check in staff seemed to be inexperienced. In addition I would ask WHY Virgin asks passengers to check in at least 3 hours' before the flight but does not have check in staff available at Denpasur until 2 hours and 50 minutes before the flight leaves????. There were no snacks available for purchase on the flights: "sorry Ma'am, it's a fully catered flight" was the reply when I asked - so if you didn't like either of the meal options, bad luck - you went hungry (and they ran out of the vegetarian meal option early on so if you do go Virgin you might want to consider bringing your own food!!). The inflight wireless entertainment did not work on the flight to Bali and there was no apology and no entertainment tablets to purchase so it was a long, boring flight. Worse, we sat on the tarmac in Melbourne for an hour while they took some people's luggage off whose passports were not in order (begs the question: who checked these people in for the flight in the first place Virgin?) and there were no drinks offered while we waited. Not impressed at all.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Holidaymaker9876
Reviewed 22 September 2013

The Villa was nice and I've no real issues at all.

It had a few tired and worn marks around the place but nothing to be concerned with.

Again though no fault of the hotel, we had inconsiderate English neighbours again. I thought going to the other side of the world we might have avoided them.

I hope to god they read this.

When on a relaxing holiday the last thing people want to hear is your uncontrolled kids screaming like hyenas all the time. Please try to express some discipline and control over them. I'm not convinced they weren't left alone.

The staff were all great. Really lovely, cheery and helpful people. I include every single one I meet on our stay.

Breakfast was basic but fine. It was brought to the villa at the time requested.

We were offered no free rides like the previous reviews. We requested a taxi back to the airport and although they had their car on the drive, they did just reserve us a taxi we paid for. Driving is scary in Bali. Awful beyond words.

I believe they only give you a free ride when you book direct. We paid 7.7M Rupiah for our 3 night stay in September through booking.com

The location is a little more than 5mins from the main street of Seminyak and the beach. Both require you to walk on already over congested and dangerous roads. Even if you survive the walk, your ears will be burned off by honking horns of taxi drivers harrassing for a fayre.

Don't consider this if you are not fit and able.

A lot of people seem to love Bali, but I'm not one.

If you have to go to Bali, Pradha Villas is a good choice.

If you plan to leave the Villa during your holiday, I wouldn't consider Bali.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Our review Dec 2012 covered a previous stay and gives details of the villas which are still the same high standard. This trip we were in Bali for a family celebration with activities centred around Seminyak for 5 days. The first part of our trip was beachside so we didn't need to be right at the sand, preferring the peace and tranquillity that Pradha provides, while being a 5 minute walk to the beach one way or 5 mins to shops and restaurants in the other direction. Staff are very helpful and meet requests promptly, room is serviced daily to a very good standard, and free airport transfers as well as the free one way Kuta shuttle work efficiently. Overall another faultless experience with the privacy and villa pool just right for relaxation, romance or family with young children.

Melbourne
Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

We stayed in Villa 11 in a Luxury 1 bed Villa for 10 days end of August. The villa was beautiful, very clean, had a fantastic pool which was long enough to swim laps and the hot jacuzzi was great too. The staff were very helpful and friendly and filled our requests promptly. They had good breakfasts although we chose to eat brunch most days at Grocer and Grind which had great coffee and breakfasts and a short 3 min walk away. Villa is located in the Petinget area of Seminyak which has all the great restaurants and is a short walk (5 min) to Eat Street, La Luciola, Potato Head amongst others. The only thing I could fault was the size of the fridge in the Villa which was a bar fridge and was never cold enough and they should supply a dock for iPhones so you can play music. They supplied iPod cords but they did not fit iPhones. We are already planning our next trip back to Seminyak and Pradha Villas. We did not want to leave!

• Stayed August 2013