“Great place to chill out in Seminyak”
Review of Pradha Villas

Pradha Villas
Ranked #66 of 147 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed 9 January 2014

We stayed for 7 nights last week and couldn't have been happier. We booked Pradha based on TA reviews and were not at all disappointed. The villa was well designed and a great place to just hang out in.....very very comfortable bed. great pool and lots of spots to relax. The staff are amazingly friendly and come to your villa (at whatever time you choose) to make you breakfast daily. They're always on hand with an umbrella if you get a wet season downpour. Great location between the beach and the restaurant strip. We couldn't fault it.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Russell S
There are newer reviews for Pradha Villas

Reviewed 5 January 2014

Don't know where to start but this is my third time in Pradha Villas. All the staff are a true example of hospitality (Receptionist, drivers,... even Security). you tell that they are happy working there themselves , hence they want to give you the exceptional experience.

Villas are clean , spacious and fully equipped and if you think of anything that is missing , just call the reception and they will make it happen.

Overall, best place to be for a relaxing holiday.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 28 November 2013

Stayed here for 3 days 21-24 November 2013
1 bedroom Villas large , comfortable, well kept.
Staff could not do enough for you, friendly, obliging, and happy to always help
Villa condition was excellent, Large Bedroom, and bathroom
Pool was perfect,
In all This has to be my favorite villa to stay in , I go to Bali twice a year, and will no easily re book this hotel.
Its walking distance to Motel Mexicola, La Luucciola, Sea Circus, Grocer and Grind, and seminyak square

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 November 2013

We had a great time with pradha, stayed with a group of friend. Booked one bedroom and two bedroom which is very comfortable for us. The staff were very superb, helping us with smile and very prompt. The villa were clean we have no complaint.
Totally recommend this villa.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Villa: 7
Length of stay: 3 night / 4 days (Nov 16-19)
Family size: 5 (3 young children)

I've been to Bali more times than I can count and have stayed in numerous hotels and villas from Kuta to Ubud. Truth be told this villa has the potential to be great, the staff we're beyond fantastic, the centralized location was perfect, overall size of the villa and pool was superb and I love how I can park my car near the villa and not worry about having to walk so far from the reception / parking area like other villas (this was especially useful as on this trip we had our 6month old with stroller and baby gear in tow) but there was a few things which was very disappointing.

During our stay we had an opportunity to have a peek inside the one bedroom villas and it was vastly updated versus our two bedroom - I didn’t quite understand why the two bedrooms felt so worn down when their one bedroom was beautiful, it suddenly felt like we we're staying in Pradhas substandard villa. This was my own personal view and perhaps someone else may not feel the same way, but I feel that if you’re going to maintain your property, perhaps its best practice to keep everything uniformed rather than "what you don’t know won’t hurt you" mentality.

Now the nightmare started on our second and third night - it rained on both nights but fortunately we we're out around town, on the way back we talked about how we'd all have a swim at night. To our shock the villa was swarmed with hundreds if not thousands of flying ants which crawled out of the wood works because of the rain, there was wings everywhere, the wingless flying ants crawling all over the villa floor mating and a few dozen bats flying attracted by the free meal way flying in and around the open space of the villa. Needless to say the we all ran into our rooms and waited for the staff to show up to help clean up the mess.

After the cleaning was done I spoke to the staff (I do speak the local language) and he informed me that this is a normal thing to happen and is expected? I'm a bit surprised to hear this because at this magnitude its more of a problem rather than an inconvenience (pest control anybody?) once the cleaning was finished we wanted to take a dip in the pool but unfortunately because it was dark and drizzling the pool was filled with these flying ants and had to skip our evening dip. Even though the gentleman did his best to clean up the villa you can’t help see dozen of these flying ants (bodies, wings etc) still scattered EVERYWHERE, we were also advised to keep the lights off in the Villa so that they don’t come back. So in the end we spent the night inside our rooms doors closed not able to enjoy the pool or the living area, it felt like we stayed in a hotel rather than a villa.

In the morning we got up to have our in villa breakfast cooked and while sitting down saw one of the servers / chefs pick up two dead bats and throw them in the bin before going back to serving our food - obviously the family was turned off from eating as the gentleman clearly didn’t even wash his hands between picking up the carcass of the bats and serving us our scrambled eggs *yuck*

For some this may seem like a minor inconvenience but at the price you pay and the vast amount of options available in Bali this villa dropped from a 5 star to a 2.5 at best. Don’t get me wrong overall the location is great and the staff generally superb but I'm surprised the management have let the state of the villa and infestation build up to this level and not have acted on it. My only real regret is that in the commotion of getting the baby in the room to avoid the flying ants and bats along with the cleanup I didn’t get the chance to take a picture of the villa in its ridiculous state. Would I stay there again - nope and sadly can’t find it in me to even refer friends and family to stay there cause I wouldn’t want anybody going through what we went through, oh well on to the next villa.

Room Tip: The lower numbered villas are closer to the reception / entrace so you dont need to walk as far to e...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Harold T
Reviewed 12 November 2013

My friend and I recently stayed at Pradha Villa's for 4 nights. This was our first time to Bali and we loved this place! We stayed in Villa 2 (split locked) - it was great! The pool was amazing, air con worked perfectly, and there was plenty of space. The kitchen was a bit out of date but we only really needed it to store things in the fridge so it easily served its purpose!

The staff at Pradha Villa's were extremely helpful/attentive and the prices for their food and massages were very reasonable!

The location of the Villa's is on a quiet back street and you would think you are in the middle of nowhere, but you are really only a very short walk away from the main street with mini marts, restaurants and boutiques, as well as Potato Head Beach Club and Ku De Ta.

We had a great time and would definitely recommend this place.

Room Tip: The Split Locked 2 bed room villa's (although older) have heaps of space!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 November 2013 via mobile

Had a beautiful stay at Pradha Villas. We stayed in villa 5. There are some (insignificant) signs of wear as noted in other reviews but they are barely noticeable. The pool is amazing, little jacuzzi, great comfy beds, pure and attentive staff. Best location in Seminyak!

Stayed: November 2013