“Average”

Ranked #39 of 144 Hotels in Seminyak
Utrecht, The Netherlands
“Average”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Been here for three nights and it was o.k., but disapointing if you compare it to what tripadvisor showed. The villa's and furniture where dated and not very clean. About the location; it's near a big street, and a buzy town, but you won't hear to much if you close your doors. Sometimes we heart many dogs bark, no idea where it came from. Let me say that the staff was very nice! They made the stay better.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
SunIslandS, General Manager at Sun Island Boutique Villas & Spa, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear Fleur K,

Greetings from Sun Island Boutique Villas & Spa!

Thank you for posting a review of your stay with us in April. I am disheartened to know that you did not experience a flawless stay; nevertheless, I sincerely appreciate your honest feedback. It surely will be a reference for us to improve our facilities in the future. Our flooring uses dark-colored tiles that are sensitive to foot prints, however we do high standard cleaning every day. Thank you for complimenting my staff and mentioning our strategic location. Despite the notes you made, I am hoping that you will plan another getaway with us in the future.

Looking forward to your next stay,

Ismullah, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
sunshine coast
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Have just returned from a five night stay at Sun Island Villa and Spa. We chose a deluxe pool villa and could not have been more impressed. The villa was very spacious and immaculately presented. With your choice of either the main resort pool or your own private plunge pool to refresh in after scouring the many local boutiques. A complimentary afternoon tea is offered poolside each afternoon along with happy hour cocktails. Breakfast was included in our stay with a freshly cooked selection along with buffet items. Highly recommended for massages and treatments is the Island Spa with one hour massages at $26 Aus. Staff were very friendly and obliging and we would highly recommend Sun Island to our friends

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank silvergull
Dear silvergull,

Greetings from Sun Island Boutique Villas & Spa!

Thank you for posting a review of your stay with is last April. I am very happy to know that your getaway went amazing and you loved all aspects of your stay. Thank you for your compliments on our staff, breakfast and other services and facilities. I am sincerely hoping that you will plan another getaway with us in a not too distant future.

Yours sincerely,

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Booked this villa under the presumption that it was 5 Star as adverised. Very dissappointed: floors in villa were dirty, wifi would not work in the room, furniture dated and buffet was very basic. Only positive was friendly ground staff. Management refused refund so we ended forefitting 2 nights stay and losing our money. I would definitely not recommend this place especially if you are planning to stay for your honeymoon.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Jason K,

Greetings from Sun Island Boutique Villas & Spa!

I am saddened to know that your stay with us was far below your expectation. However, I am thankful of your feedback as it will give us a chance to improve our service and facilities in the future. I have spoken to the departments related concerning the Wi-Fi connection and breakfast options. We will keep doing our best to accommodate our guests' preferences. As for our furniture, we will use your comment as a reference to better improve our facilities. Our dark flooring is indeed the type that is sensitive to foot prints, however we do high standard cleaning in all areas of our rooms. I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay and that your booking was of the non-refundable category. Thank you again for bringing the issues to my attention. Despite what had happened, I am hoping that you did have a good impression about the magical island of Bali and would plan to return in the future.

Warmest greetings,

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Stayed at Sun Island in the first week of Feb 2014. Our room was pretty close to the front but still couldn't hear anything from the main street. Staff were just so friendly and welcoming can't speak highly enough especially the younger workers at reception of an afternoon.

Room was great comfortable bed, never saw them clean my room some days we wouldn't leave until lunch time but when we got back our room was all made up and perfect again.

Definitely will be back and wouldn't stay anywhere else.

Thanks for making my first trip to Bali perfect Sun Island!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jasmin S
SunIslandS, General Manager at Sun Island Boutique Villas & Spa, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear Jasmin S,

Greetings from Sun Island Boutique Villas & Spa!

Thank you for posting a review of your stay in last February. I am delighted to learn that you loved all aspects of your stay. Thank you for sharing your experience and recommending us to other travelers. My dedicated team and I are looking forward to welcoming you to your home-away-from-home.

All the best,

Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

I don't know where to begin everything was great!
The room was pretty and everyday attended to and every night turned down and sprayed for Mosquitos. I loved coming home to different animals made from our towels and little sample of freshly made local food.
The staff fantastic from the breakfast team to the front desk to everyone cleaning around the grounds so happy and helpful! Even the security guards were great retrieving cabs for us, recommending places to go and always being happy.
The breakfast was great, a buffet and then chefs on boards to cook your eggs, bacon, rice, veggies, hash browns etc just the way u like it.
The location I thought was perfect in between Kuta and the amazing restaurants and pool bars in seminyak.
I can not speak highly enough of this place. Definitely would return.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Katiezac
Dear Katiezac,

Greetings from Sun Island Boutique Villas & Spa!

I am glad to finally be able to respond to your wonderful review. Thank you for saying such kind word about my staff and our service. However, what matters most to us was the fact that you spent a fabulous time during your stay. Thank you for choosing to stay with us. My team and I are looking forward to your next stay!

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

A resort can be stunning but if they don't have the right staff then it's all wasted.
Not here!
As a solo traveller every encounter I had with the team was above expectations.
Check in was easy, meals were easy. It was the perfect end to my bali holiday.
I don't recall the name of a young gentleman that I had a great conversation with over breakfast (he was from near Tulamben/a seaman) but he was jovial, upbeat and we talked about both our travels so much my eggs went cold...no drama he had fresh ones cooked for me.
I loved the location, my room and all the staff.
A great little resort in seminyak!
Thanks again for an amazing stay.

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank LoveToTravel-AU
Dear LoveToTravel-AU,

Greetings from Sun Island Boutique Villas & Spa!

Thank you for posting a review of your stay with us. I am beyond happy to know that you enjoyed your getaway. Thank you for your compliment on my staff. We always want to make sure that our guests feel at home during their stay. We were honored to be at your service and we will look forward to welcoming you back, hopefully in the near future!

Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 5 March 2014

My boyfriend and I recently returned from a trip to Bali where we spent 7 nights at the Sun Island Villas in Seminyak. It was our first time to Bali and we enjoyed our trip immensely. The lovely people at the Sun Island were so friendly and accommodating. Nothing was too much trouble - directions, recommendations, tour bookings, advice, room requests, even assistance when my boyfriend became ill - all the staff were more than happy to help, Every single staff member stopped to say hello and ask about our day whenever we walked past them. The room was beautiful and very good value. We didn't want to spend too much on accommodation and at less than $200/night we still got a beautiful, clean, private villa with it's own pool, big bathroom, TV, outdoor area and kitchen. There are only around 20 villas at the complex so it's still small, secluded on site, but with all the facilities you would want - communal pool, bar, restaurant and day spa. Despite the place being almost fully booked while we were there we hardly ever heard anyone so it still seemed private. I would not hesitate to recommend the Sun Island Villas to anyone travelling to Bali in the future.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sarah P
Dear Sarah P,

Greetings from Sun Island Boutique Villas & Spa!

It was nice to hear from you after you stayed with us. I appreciate your time posting a review on us, but what delighted me most was the fact that you and your boyfriend had a wonderful time. Thank you for saying a kind word on our service and facilities. Thank you for sharing the details of your stay and for recommending us to other travelers. We are always looking forward to welcoming you back to your home-away-from home!

All the best,