“Amazing”

Sun Island Boutique Villas & Spa
Ranked #38 of 143 Hotels in Seminyak
“Amazing”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

First time traveller to Bali & while it's an amazing & hectic country of 3 million people, the sun island villa in seminyak was a constant island of tranquility amongst the hustle & bustle of Bali. If you come, this should be where you stay!

• Stayed June 2014
SunIslandS, Public Relations Manager at Sun Island Boutique Villas & Spa, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear GeoffBaker09,

Greetings from Seminyak, Bali!

First of all, thank you for choosing to stay at one of our villas in your first visit to the magical island. It was pleasant to hear that you loved your stay. As you put it beautifully, we are a constant island of tranquility amongst the hustle & bustle of Bali. Thank you for recommending us to other travelers. We are all looking forward to your return to your second visit to Bali!

Agnes Herdiasti, PR Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 15 June 2014

This place was a nice quiet break off the busy main road. Stayed in a Deluxe pool villa and it was really spacious. Nice to have its own pool, although the courtyard area did not get much sun. We had multiple issues with our hot water. They acted promptly to fix it but it just seemed to be a bit hit and miss. Staff were really friendly and spa was great. Cost a bit more than the spas on the street but it was clean with a nice private room.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear HdC1006,

Greetings from Sun Island Boutique Villas & Spa!

I hope this message finds you well. Thank you for choosing to stay in one of our villas. Your review is much appreciated. I am pleased to know that you liked our location. As you pointed out correctly, while we are situated in a busy area of Seminyak, once you step in to our premises, you will be instantly welcomed by a quiet and peaceful ambiance. I appreciate your feedback regarding our hot water. Our Engineering team has checked on all of our villas bathrooms to ensure that a similar problem will not reoccur. Thank you for complimenting our staff. We will live up our guests' expectation and make each stay a memorable one.

We look forward to welcoming you back!

Warmest regards,

Agnes Herdiasti, PR Manager
Surfers Paradise, Australia
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We have just returned from Bali and have to let you all know of the most amazing place to stay in Seminyak - Sun Island Boutique Villas and Spa. My partner and I were in Bali to celebrate our 60th birthdays and my daughter (who is a travel agent) had booked us a private villa and a visit to the day spa at this wonderful piece of paradise. I really can't fault the place, the setting was absolutely stunning, the gardens gorgeous and the pool area excellent. The complimentary afternoon was a real hit each day after busy activities and the staff - well what can I say. Without exception all the staff were the most friendly and helpful group of young people I have met in a long time. Nothing was too much trouble and there was always a big smile. We will be going back and look forward to seeing all the lovely staff once more.

Room Tip: All rooms are gorgeous so it really depends on what configuration you require.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
SunIslandS, General Manager at Sun Island Boutique Villas & Spa, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Dear Julie A,

Greetings from Seminyak - Bali!

It was nice hearing from you after your recent stay at Sun Island Boutique Villas & Spa. I am delighted to know that you and your partner loved all aspects of your stay, from villas to our staff. Thank you for sharing the details of your stay to other travelers. I am hoping that we can welcome you back again in the near future. Please send my regards to your partner & your daughter.

With warmest regards,

Darwin, Australia
Reviewed 23 May 2014

This little gem is hidden away from the hustle and bustle. Although a little far from the beach hotel staff are more than happy to help you out to book activity you desire and would arrange transport to and from.

Rooms have a private plunge pool which is just beautiful. The room is huge with a seperate dinning/living area and large bathroom.

Menu was limited but staff would try and spice it up where possible if you asked! Breakfast was limited but fresh and tasy and it is a small hotel/villa complex so can not expect the same buffet as the huge hotels.

Staff had great recommendations for food, shopping and general sight seeing. This was our first time to Bail so this was needed!

Cockails were cheap and the barman made his own up on the spot for us!

Overall staff very very friendly, helpful and made the villa our home while we were there!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear chem8788,

Greetings from Sun Island Boutique Villas & Spa!

Thank you for choosing to stay with us in June, and I appreciate your review. I am delighted to know that you loved your villa & pool and your getaway went fabulous. Thank you for your note our menu. Our kitchen team has been notified, and we'll certainly do our best to improve the quality & variety of our food & beverages section. Your praises on my staff have been passed on to my team who will keep delivering the service from the heart to our guests. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to your home-away-from-home.

Best regards,

Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 18 May 2014

My wife and I returned to this property in May 2014. We originally stayed here in March 2013 on our honeymoon and were so blown away that we vowed to return.

However, our second time wasn't as good....

The airconditioning unit in our villa didn't seem to be working too well. We reported it on the first day, an engineer came and said he'd fixed it. That night, there was a leak from the unit onto the floor, someone else came and said it was sorted. However, despite it being set to 16degrees and being on full, the room felt warm.

The next day, we had people on the roof of our villa for roughly 2-3 hours regassing the external unit. This appeared to have fixed things until we heard this loud explosion and it stopped working again.

Finally, the team decided to replace the whole unit with a brand new one - which finally resolved things.

Now, I understand that these things happen, but not once during the course of this experience was a villa change offered or suggested. I was advised that they were running at 92% which would have meant that a substitute villa may not have been available but it did mean that the first 2.5 days of our relaxing holiday in Bali was predominantly spent with technicians and engineers in and out of our villa and our privacy and comfort was compromised on.

My only other gripe was with a salad my wife ordered from room service. It had a bug in it. No big deal, the staff removed the charge and offered to replace it. It was handled perfectly.

The saving grace for this establishment is in the quality of their employees. Everyone had a smile, most of them remembered us and it is for this reason that Sun Island will continue to be our destination of choice should we return to Seminyak.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ishan G
SunIslandS, General Manager at Sun Island Boutique Villas & Spa, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Dear Ish G,

Greetings from Sun Island Boutique Villas & Spa!

Thank you for choosing to stay in our resort for the second time, I highly appreciate your trust. I am sad to know that it wasn't as pleasant your first stay. I apologize for what had happened with the air conditioning in your room that had disturbed your vacation. I agree with you that the issue should have been anticipated faster. Thank you for bringing up the issue with regard to the salad. Even though we did fix the problem, I had made sure that our Food & Beverage department will pay more careful attention to details in the future. Thank you for your kind word on my staff. I promise you that we will keep delivering service from the heart and making each stay an indulging on. Despite the incidents, I am sincerely hoping that you will plan another getaway in Bali with us. My team and I are looking forward to your third visit to your home-away-from-home.

All the best,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 May 2014

The pictures on the website betray the truth of the resort. Overall very nice and friendly staff which made up for it. The rooms felt dirty and there were lizards all over. You could hear them and see them defacate on the floor or in the bathroom. There was also a smell coming out from the shower/bathroom which was next to to the bedroom area. Location was ok but not the best to be in seminyak. As with a lot of resorts in Bali, what you see in the pictures is not what you would get. Would not go again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DistantTraveller8
Dear DistantTraveller8,

Greetings from Sun Island Boutique Villas & Spa!

I trust my message finds you well. Thank you for posting a review of your stay with us last year. I am sad to know that it was below your expectation. However, I would like to thank you for bringing up your concerns to my attention. Our Housekeeping do a high standard of cleaning in all rooms in our villas, especially since we use dark tiles flooring that is sensitive to foot prints. In response to your comment on house lizards, as common as they are in a tropical area, we do proper pest control regularly. I wish you'd reported it to our reception while you were still in-house to give us a chance to solve the problem. On a different note, I highly appreciate your positive word on my staff. Despite the impression you had on us, I am hoping that you will plan another getaway in the beautiful island of Bali in the future.

Warmest regards,

Paris, France
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We enjoyed our stay at the Sun Island Villas! The villas were excellent and just what we expected. Very clean, very private and so relaxing with the private pool. Awesome! It was our 10 years wedding anniversary trip and the best choice we made.

The staffs were so welcoming, very polite and helpful. Always full of smiles. They attended to our services by booking some trips for us. Had a chauffeur for just us during our trips. And he was very kind thank you Ngura for driving us around.

Great villa for our special vacation and no regrets at all. A big thank you to all the staffs at Sun Island Villa. It's definitely a place to stay!

Barbara & xavier

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Barbara G
SunIslandS, General Manager at Sun Island Boutique Villas & Spa, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear Barbara G,

Greetings from Sun Island Boutique Villas & Spa!

Thank you for posting a review of your stay. I am delighted to learn that you had an amazing stay. Thank you for sharing your experience and complimenting my staff for their service. Please rest assured that we will always strive to deliver service from the heart and give our guests a memorable stay. My team and I are looking forward to your next stay!

Yours sincerely,