Yes, having your own private villa and pool are luxuries that are coveted when looking for holiday relaxation. The villas are large and are equipped with kitchens, "outdoor" living areas and bathrooms (meaning they are covered and private to other guests but open to the outdoors). The bedroom is housed in a closed area (which can be opened up) with air conditioning and the bed has mosquito netting. First and second glaces, the villa is fantastic.
Third glance: there were things that were frustrating.
First, age and humidity are beginning to take their toll on these villas. There were cracks and bubbling in the paint in the bedroom area (although not completely noticeable at first) the outdoor seating cushions are stained from age, algae is growing on all the outer walls - including the shower area (although some may feel this gives a tropical feel).
Secondly, the pool was not cleaned ONCE while I stayed (I was here for a week). Leaves, flowers, bird feathers were scooped out by ME numerous times. I even found myself cleaning the leaves from the villa grounds surrounding my pool, as housekeeping never seemed to do it.
Thirdly, the minibar was never restocked during my stay.
Fourthly, and most annoying, is there is a rooftop bar very close to the villas. They play music for their customers which can be heard quite clearly in the villa. Sometimes this was fun for me - laying by the pool - but other times, like bedtime, I wanted relaxation and quite time but I could hear the music and it wasn't peaceful and relaxing for me. It's not obnoxious club music, but still enough of a bother that I was displeased.
The positives: any of the negatives I mentioned would have been rectified immediately if I had called the front desk (except the rooftop bar music). The staff is incredibly helpful and friendly. But, the point of so many of my disappointments is that if a hotel or resort is going to have minibars and pools for their guests - they should maintain them without being asked.
Again, the staff is VERY friendly - always smiling and saying hello. They are eager to please you. I asked to go on a tour of the monkey village and a driver was arranged to take me (as well as to other places in BALI - gold and silver market, the tiered rice village, and coffee plantation for a very reasonable price). There are mini marts, ATM's, currency exchanges, small shops and restaurants within walking distance. The streets are the safest to walk along, but I did it... The beach was a 15 minute walk from the suites. You could easily get a cab to go to the square for more shopping and dining experiences.
I had room service on several evenings and the food was very good. Breakfast came with my room rate (I ordered the American Breakfast - which is a lot of food). They set up your kitchen table just as it were a restaurant...lovely.
Over all, the staff here will do what ever you want. Your stay is made to order... Would I stay here again? Yes. The staff was that accommodating. But as another traveler wrote, when you have so many options in BALI, it wouldn't be bad to see what else is out there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sanyas Suite is designed with a sanyasin's philosophy: it is a place appropriate for reaching happiness. In fact, it is designed for relaxation and rest from your daily routines activity with a beautiful architecture and comfortable furnishing. The Luxury a private villa and spa is a small resort, the fantastic place for Honeymoon. Unique entrance gate is inspired by typical of traditional Balinese courtyard houses. The open air living area pavilion includes an informal dining lounge and kitchenette. Each villa has own pool and decorated with Balinese antique pieces of art. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Sanyas Suite Seminyak reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sanyas Hotel Seminyak
- Sanyas Suite Hotel Seminyak
- Sanyas Suite Seminyak
- The Sanyas Suite Seminyak Bali