This is our 4th time in Bali.
I decided to book a villa at this resort after reading all the positive reviews. We were all set for a fantastic experience to celebrate our son's birthday.
Sadly, we were utterly disappointed.
The package we booked came with a free one way transfer. As we were travelling with a young child, I made an effort to arrange for pick up from the airport. I even confirmed with the reservation staff that they got our flight details 3 days before our arrival date. I got an email saying that all has been arranged and the hotel driver would be there to pick us.
Upon arrival, the driver was nowhere in sight, we waited for over an hour. Called the hotel and they told us no arrangement was made as we didn't provide flight details. After all the effort to make sure all has been arranged and this was the reply we got.
Upon arrival at the resort, nobody bothered to apologise. When I asked what happened, they gave some lame excuse that the driver was there at the airport but was holding the wrong sign. To make up for the miscommunication, we were offered 30% off their lunch menu, as our room was not ready anyway. The food was not fresh and took forever. Worse, my hubby had tummy upset after lunch.
When we got to the villa, it was like what some of the other reviewers stated. The place is in desperate need of a make over. Almost everything was falling apart.
1) the television was not working
2) the fan was not working
3) all the locks on doors were damaged
4)the pool was dirty , a lot of leaves
I have to admit have seen staff scooping the leaves out of the pool. But the pool was still not
In the hotel catalogue, they promote that they offer complimentary shuttle service 3 times a day to kuta area. We called the front desk to enquire and were told on the first day that they were too busy to send us. On the second day, we were told that shuttle was only to seminyak area. But even then the drivers were still reluctant to send us. The front desk actually told us to speak to the driver ourselves.
The other issue was the baby cot. It was not set up properly and the sides were falling apart. We called to ask for help and help came only about 4 hrs later.
Most of the staff are actually quite friendly and helpful. We have had the most problems with the front desk staff and the drivers. The front desk staff definitely need more training. They seem very lost.
So far this is our worst experience in Bali.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sanyas Suite is designed with a sanyasin's philosophy: it is a place appropriate for reaching happiness. In fact, it is designed for relaxation and rest from your daily routines activity with a beautiful architecture and comfortable furnishing. The Luxury a private villa and spa is a small resort, the fantastic place for Honeymoon. Unique entrance gate is inspired by typical of traditional Balinese courtyard houses. The open air living area pavilion includes an informal dining lounge and kitchenette. Each villa has own pool and decorated with Balinese antique pieces of art. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Sanyas Suite Seminyak reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sanyas Hotel Seminyak
- Sanyas Suite Hotel Seminyak
- Sanyas Suite Seminyak
- The Sanyas Suite Seminyak Bali