I thoroughly researched this and other villas before we left, so, now after spending 10 nights at Sanyas in a Junior Suite (of which there are ten), I am very happy to report that it is as good as it sounds on TA. The photos don't do it justice. The villas are huge. The location was fine. I was most worried about this, but in fact, there are many great restaurants very close by. You don't have to go to busy Kuta, or even a taxi to Eat St in Seminyak. You should try Warung Eropa, virtually across the road and down a bit - they have fantastic chicken satays with yummy satay sauce - you can eat in or take them back to your villa. There is also the Rubicon a short stroll down Petitenget St. This is a great restaurant, fewer Indonesian choices, but well worth a visit. Next door is an interesting warung that always looked to be busy - will have to try that next time. Also, a little further away, but still walking distance, is Bonita, and one of the best of all, Biku. That's enough about food. We walked to the beach (25 mins) and then into Kuta most days (an hour) for exercise. Walking along the streets is hazardous, you really have to watch the bikes and cars when there's no footpath. And when there is a footpath, you have to watch out for holes (large ones). Gede mentioned that there will be access to the beach directly down from Sanyas in the near future - this will be a huge benefit to the business, I believe. This whole area of Seminyak is really developing. There are many new shops and businesses opening around here; I can only image how much it will change before we visit again next year.
The villa had everything you could wish for. The drinking water facility was much appreciated, as was the fridge. We didn't use the cooking facilities at all, but it was great to prepare snacks, drinks, etc.
The pool area is gorgeous. We swam all the time (or got wet anyway) and the only problem we had was moving around to keep in the sun. I think some of the villas might have a problem with sun, either too much or too little. Ours was just right (Room 104).
Read a few negative reviews about the breakfast, but we ate brekky here every day and loved it. I started off with nasi goreng, and all the Indonesian offerings, but after 5 days, I tended to order scrambled eggs or an omelette, and have the local food at a warung for lunch or dinner. The eggs are cooked in front of you to your prescription and always served with a smile. It was explained to us that improvements are planned for the restaurant and food service, so this will be welcomed as we weren't inclined to eat here at any other time of the day.
We didn't use the in house spa service - way too expensive for what is on offer elsewhere. I used the little service around the corner once, I think it's called Krishnas - very, very basic, but okay and seemed busy all the time. For something better, there is always a walk or short taxi to Bodyworks, which is always fantastic. Don't be fooled by some of the fancy facades of some spas. When you actually get inside, some are not so grand. Price is generally an indicator.
We also didn't order any room service, same reason. The prices were relatively high. Especially when you can walk to Warung Eropa across the road and down a little, and order 10 fantastic satays, with yummy sauce and salad, for 35,000 (less than 5 $AUD).
Other than spa and room services, this villa represents great value for money - I hope the prices don't go up too quickly as we'd like to stay here again next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sanyas Suite is designed with a sanyasin's philosophy: it is a place appropriate for reaching happiness. In fact, it is designed for relaxation and rest from your daily routines activity with a beautiful architecture and comfortable furnishing. The Luxury a private villa and spa is a small resort, the fantastic place for Honeymoon. Unique entrance gate is inspired by typical of traditional Balinese courtyard houses. The open air living area pavilion includes an informal dining lounge and kitchenette. Each villa has own pool and decorated with Balinese antique pieces of art. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Sanyas Suite Seminyak reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sanyas Hotel Seminyak
- Sanyas Suite Hotel Seminyak
- Sanyas Suite Seminyak
- The Sanyas Suite Seminyak Bali