“Wonderful Space & Privacy.”
Review of Peppers Seminyak

Peppers Seminyak
Ranked #25 of 143 Hotels in Seminyak
Singapore
“Wonderful Space & Privacy.”
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Location of villas is not very convenient, everywhere by transport please. Entrance to property is a short ride. They provide buggy rides between all villas and close by Seminyak areas, but can get quite busy during peak seasons.
Enormous villas and layout is good as space between rooms / pool / living / entrance are well planned. It is quiet and privacy guaranteed! Went as a group of 12-14pax and booked a 4 BR and a 3BR villa for 4 nights. Amber space in each Villas, especially the 4BR with large enough space to have parties and we had in-villa BBQ dinner prepared by the restaurant... the 3 BR villa is more rundown and it is smaller is size, but is enough for 2pax and can be quite cosy for any couple.
Breakfast is good at the restaurant opposite the main pool & near the lobby, plenty of choices as compared to breakfast in villa, where not all selections are given and food tends to be cold.
Overall, rate it a 4 out of 5.... the large villa compound is a plus for family & friends to gather , relax & bond on a holiday together.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Joeykeong
sentosabali, Manager at Peppers Seminyak, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Dear Joeykeong

Thank you for taking the time to review us.

I am glad to you hear you enjoyed your stay with us back in February this year. I appreciate the constructive feedback and will be looking into them.

Do visit us again the next time are in Bali.

Regards, Sashi
Sentosa Seminyak

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Our party of eight stayed in the 4BR Presidential Villa. Staff were great especially at the restaurant. Breakfast was amazing. So much choice and although you can have it delivered to your villa we chose to go to the restaurant every morning. Didn't use the spa as treatments are expensive and there are cheaper choices outside the complex. Having a fitness centre there was great and staff again enthusiastic and helpful.

Cannot fault the villa itself but for what they charge I think the property needs to "step-up". Our fridge didn't work efficiently and they sent someone to have a look at it. Next thing we have another older fridge installed smack bang in the middle of the community living area. Problem solved!??? Don't think that watching television is high on the agenda when holidaying but some rainy days can be spent enjoying a movie in your villa. There was no TV/DVD player in the main living area and again, not a big deal but every other villa (even with a lower star rating) I have stayed in provides this.

No iPod dock or even a basic cord to play music. They did provide a CD player but no cord for the iPod. Again, maybe a bit picky but as I work in the Travel Industry and experience many different properties it was surprising that a simple and relatively cheap provision such as this was not supplied.

The last night of our stay we had a late check-out and due to a hair dryer shorting and nearly electrocuting my friend we had a black-out. All was attended to promptly but little was mentioned of the pending disaster with the hair dryer. It was more important it seemed that we exit the villa and settle our account! The appliance had blown sparks and somehow singed the marble on the bathroom bench. Hate to think what it would have done to my friend had she not been quick enough to put it down!

All this was documented in an email which I sent to the Manager of Sentosa but no reply was forthcoming. Disappointing! This property promotes luxury and charges accordingly but due to my experience I would be hesitant in returning as there are way too many other properties with the same or better facilities that are not as expensive. Hence my rating of 3 not 4.

Room Tip: Any of the villas will be nice but if you want to get to Laksmana quickly choose one at the rear of...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Gaye1210
sentosabali, Manager at Peppers Seminyak, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Dear Gaye1210

Thank you for your review of Sentosa Seminyak based on your stay in December 2012.
I am sorry to hear that your experience then was not to expectation.

I am happy to share that we have upgraded a significant part of the resort's facilities. We have replaced a number of equipment (fridges, hair dryers) and have added iPod docks to all villas. TVs/DVDs player are being introduced to the living room too.

We have a new spa menu offering a better value price point, and Salt tapas restaurant by Luke Mangan recently opened in September.

I do hope you would consider giving Sentosa Seminyak another attempt when you visit Bali next. I would like to introduce you to current facilities and services we offer.

Melbourne
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Whether the accommodation is good or bad, for me, the staff are the deciders. The reception, cleaning staff, room service, management, bar and dining staff, chef, bell boys and spas staff were all very hospitable and accommodating.

We had a couple of issues but all the staff dealt with our problems so promptly.

We were a little unlucky with a blocked shower on arrival, a dirty sock in the ceiling fan, a fruit basket from the previous guest the day before (with the previous guests name on it), broken air conditioning, and broken wifi. Yet very time we had an issue, staff were on site in minutes to fix our problems. The beds are so comfortable and have mosquito nets too.

The staff were overly apologetic about our troubles and went over and above to make sure that we were accommodated.

The villas are gorgeous, and the outdoor bathrooms and pool in the 3 room villas are amazing. You can get breakfast in your villa, but it's nicer in the main dining.

Wifi is excellent. Fast and reliable. When the wifi stalled on us, the techs were there before we even noticed the problem and stayed until the issue was fixed on all of our devices.

The food is really nice.

Seminyak shops are in walking distance. Don't pay more than $2.5 for a taxi ride in to the main street of Seminyak from Sentosa.

The spa is amazing. It costs a little more than BodyWorks and the other shops up the street, but you get what you pay for. Sentosa spa staff are so nice and and the rooms are clean and peaceful. They also do a proper foot scrub before a full body massage.

Loved it and would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Book on agoda and get a good rate. We scored a 45% discount during off-peak. Book a room with your o...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank ratededge
Dear ratededge

Thank you for your review.

Good to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Although there were some initial glitches, I am happy to hear the team assisted to resolve all your concerns and made you comfortable for the rest of your time at Sentosa Seminyak.

I am also delighted to hear you like our new restaurant, Salt tapas and our spa. The spa recently expanding their programs to include more wellness and light medical treatments, so do visit again!

I look forward to welcoming you back.

San Francisco California
Reviewed 19 November 2013

We rented the unit with 3 Villas with a pool in June 2013 for 3 nights.
First let me start out with the best parts:
1. The pool was nice.
2. Really liked the living room, dining room, and kitchen building that was part of our unit.
It was very spacious and open and well equipped.
3. The Villas/Rooms were spacious.
4. The bathrooms were nice.
5. The breakfasts that were delivered to our building was excellent. I really liked it.

Mediocre:
1. All the facilities both in our unit and the main public area were worn out and need remodeling/updating.
2. The location is lousy and you need a vehicle or taxi to get around. It is too far of a walk to get
anywhere.

Bad:
1. When you enter the front door of the compound we rented, the landing is narrow and one night my 80 year old mother fell right into the pond. Not good!!! Thankfully she was not badly injured. It is a dangerous layout if you are not careful when entering the compound.
2. The house keeping service was lousy and it took multiple requests to get them to wash the dishes and glasses that were dirty.
3. The service at the main restaurant was surprisingly bad. This was the first time in all my trips
to Bali that I ever encountered unfriendly service by the lady serving us. For some strange reason she was very condescending and curt with our table. We did absolutely nothing to deserve such bad service.

I thought this was going to be a great experience, but it was a huge let down. We have been to Bali five times and this was our only poor experience. I will never come back here.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
sentosabali, Manager at Peppers Seminyak, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Dear JBrown411

Thank you for taking the time to write a detailed review of your stay early in the year. I appreciate the balanced approach and constructive feedback.

I am happy to learn you enjoyed various elements of our resort and the services. I am sorry to hear about your mother's fall and I do hope she has recovered well. I apologise for the shortfalls in service you experience and rest assured they have been looked into. We do strive to meet all our guest needs however in this instance we did not meet your expectations.

Since your last visit we have recently launched our new restaurant - Salt tapas by Luke Mangan, which has been receiving positive reviews. Also, many of our villas have been refreshed and this program of our continues.

Thanks again JBrown411. I hope your past experience will not bring prevent you from giving Sentosa Seminyak another opportunity.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with some friends recently as we had come together for a party in Uluwatu.
As we didnt co-ordinate things so well, I ended up in a villa by myself which was a pity as I could have stayed in a villa with my other friend who ended up coming along by himself too.The villas are enormous & I feel that after staying here, other villas will seem small in comparison.The personal poolattached to my villa was also large, I swam in it everyday.The spa is fantastic, all my friends and I felt that it was one of the best and prices were reasonable. Do book in advance as its full on weekends, I got a Friday slot but as I didn't book in advance ,Saturday was full.My friends and I have been to many spas, but we really felt the massages at this spa were great.

Just take note if you are travelling in a group to ask that the villas be near each other as the estate is sprawling; I went everywhere by buggy.
Also, if you are able to get private transport to drive you the whole day or for a fixed number of hours, it works out a lot more reasonable than the hotel car service, alternatively you can order a taxi but my friends had ordered cars with drivers & I went everywhere with them by car. As the resort is far in,you will have to go out by taxi/car.

The resort has a restaurant/cafe by the famous chef Australian Luke Mangan but my friends and I didn't dine there, although I ordered in breakfast at my villa and ate in the spacious living room. That was such an indulgence after a morning swim.

I felt that the price which I had paid was reasonable and would return and also would highly recommend to friends.One cavaet: if you have pre-paid in advance like I prepaid for one hour spa massage and 2 nights for a one bedroom villa stay , you should bring the printed copy of your booking as the staff will get confused; at the spa and when I was checking out, they wanted to charge me for what I had pre-paid & I had to spend a little bit of time to show them my booking which was sent to me by email.So do bring the printed copies of all pre-paid bookings.That was irritating but it was a minor hitch.The resort was a stone's throw from Huu bar where my friends and I went for a good drinking night out.

• Stayed November 2013
Dear LGuo

Thanks for the review and glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Sadly you missed dining at our new restaurant; something we would be delight to organise for the next visit!

I apologies for the confusion with the vouchers and happy that this was resolved.

The team at Sentosa Seminyak look forward to welcoming back.

Best regards
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 14 November 2013

We recently booked the Sentosa for 4 nights to celebrate a 40th birthday with friends. The villa we booked was a 3 bed presidential and we got a run down villa at the back of the complex. The gardens were so overgrown that we had weeds everywhere and the grass was growing into the pool. The cushions on the inside furniture was so grubby and disgusting as where the outside cushions that I really didn't want to use them, and the umbrella around the pool was broken. When lying on the day bed all you could see was broken thatch hanging off the villa and bale roof. Unfortunately it was too embarrassing to make a fuss in front of our invited guests to be moved.The service from staff also leaves a lot to be desired, when we checked in one of our guests wallets disappeared from the dining table and when we asked management to please look into this they tried to tell us we must have left it somewhere else! Absolutely disgusting!! We travel to Bali 3 to 4 times a year and have stayed in many beautiful villas for a lot less and had much better service. I would never stay in or recommend the Sentosa to anyone. The only positive is the new tapas restaurant Salt is fabulous.

Room Tip: do not book villa 34 it is terrible
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank justine c
sentosabali, Manager at Peppers Seminyak, responded to this review, 16 November 2013
Dear justine c

I would like to thank you for your feedback about your recent stay. We regret that you were disappointed with your experience with the villas and service. It is unfortunate that this was not raised to our attention as we would have liked to have had the opportunity to be able to recovery any shortfall based our your expectations. We take on your comments constructively and will be looking into them.

As for the guests lost, we do take reports of this nature seriously and we followed our strict investigation procedure. My colleagues were in touch with their initial findings however gathered from the guests statement it seemed that your guests were not certain where the item was placed or possibly misplaced. Perhaps this was a misunderstood and I apologise for the lack of follow through.

I will like to be able to discuss this with you personally. Please contact me directly at sashi.rajan@sentosaseminyak.com.

I look forward to hearing from you again.

Regards,
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 9 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed here with my wife for 7 days in the beginning on November 2013. Booked a one bedroom villa - effectively a 3 bedroom villa with 2 bedrooms locked. As you enter the villa you walk on stepping stones over a pond filled with fish. You are met by the sound of running water from the several water features. The villa is thatched and is designed in a rectangular fashion around your own pool and comprises of a L-shaped bedroom section (2 of which where locked), a gazebo with built in day beds (could easily fit 4 people), with a kitchen/dinning room/lounge area making up the rectangle. The kitchen is fully equipped. There is a fresh water dispenser situated in the kitchen with hot and cold water. A toilet, separate from the bedrooms, is located close to the pool. The villas contained a large king bed, with fly nets if needed. Tons of hanging space and an outside bathroom with toilet, shower and bath. The bathroom is accessed through French doors from the bedroom and is roofed but not walled on 2 sides opening into a small private garden (not accessible from the rest of the villa). The wifi is fast and efficient .

Breakfast is served around the large communal pool area near the reception area, or one can choose to eat in the adjacent Salt tapas restaurant, a blessing as Bali is hot and humid in November. Breakfast comprises a choice of juices,teas, coffee, a choice of pastries, cereal, muesli and yogurts. A menu is provided to choose your own cooked breakfasts. The staff are all super friendly and efficient.

Sentosa is conveniently situated close to several of the "up market" restaurants in Seminyak. Eat street is a 15 minute walk.

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay, and would gladly return.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank bryanfromperth
Dear bryanfromperth

Thanks for the detailed review and glad to hear you had a pleasant stay at Sentosa Seminyak.
Do let us know the next time you plan to visit Bali as we look forward to welcoming you back!