“Beautiful Bali, beautiful Sentosa”
Review of Peppers Seminyak

Peppers Seminyak
Ranked #28 of 148 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Just back from 6 nights in a 5 bedroom villa with 4 other couples. Can't fault Sentosa ... Location, facilities, staff, access, food. Everything made for a great experience. Close to La Luciola, Motel Mexicana, Seminyak Square and markets ... And the rest that Bali has to offer. We will be back.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Brendan B
SentosaSeminyak G, Manager at Peppers Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Dear Brendan B

Thank you for your review and glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Best regards,

Peppers Sentosa Seminyak

Reviewed 11 March 2014

I have never written an online review of any type. But I felt the need to review Sentosa post my recent stay there to set the record straight. I booked a week long holiday at Sentosa before reading any Tripadvisor reviews. Once booked, I looked online and saw very mixed reports. To be honest it made me nervous that I'd made the wrong decision given how many other accommodation options there are in Seminyak.

So straight out I need to say - I dont know what expectations the negative reviewers had, but I feel like the place I am reviewing is not the same place they were. Sentosa is magical. I can't fault it. From the moment we entered the drive way to the moment we checked out, I can't fault it.

We stayed in a very spacious one bedroom villa (which is actually a 3 bedroom villa with two bedrooms locked), with our own private pool (it definitely isn't a 'lap pool' like others have suggested), full kitchen, lounge room, dining room, indoor/outdoor bathroom, and endless purified water. The villa was immaculately cleaned daily (the clean included pool and garden maintenance as well). From our villa we were able to order from a full menu or just call up for a coffee or Bintang. Nothing was too much trouble.

The resort pool was tranquil and clean, the day spa wasn't cheap compared to other local spas, but you pay for the experience and expertise of the therapists. We kept going back for more! The menu at Salt Tapas restaurant is tasty and fresh. And the staff were attentive, friendly and accommodating.

Yes the resort is a walk down a skinny side street off the main road, but this short distance places the resort in its own world away from the hassle and bustle of the busy main road.

And don't leave without booking the in villa Indonesian BBQ. Trying the local food in your own villa, with the chef there to talk you through the traditional food menu is highly recommended.

My one and only warning is ask how much you are going to get charged for requesting a daily newspaper. We jumped at the chance to get a daily copy of our local paper from back home. It was delivered in full, every morning. When we got our bill at the end of our stay, the cost per paper per day was $12!!

Don't even think twice about staying here. Sentosa is a must for anyone looking for 5 star luxury, with 5 star service. We are already counting down the days till we can visit again.

Room Tip: We had a villa located close to the main hotel facilities. Even though we weren't set back away...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sim1g13
SentosaSeminyak G, Manager at Peppers Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Dear Sim1g13

Thank you for your review and I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

You seem to have experienced it all! our spa, Salt tapas and our villa barbecue.. that's the complete Sentosa experience. I personally recommend the barbecues too as it is a unique private experience. Hope you tried some of our wellness program in our spa; if not, perhaps next time?

I have noted your comments about the International newspapers and I will take your feedback into consideration.

Sim1g13, I look forward to welcoming you back to Bali and Sentosa Seminyak. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us.

Best regards,

Reviewed 25 February 2014

Very nice resort in the quiet part of Seminyak. The mian road is about 0.5 km away and there are some nice bars and restaurants there. The hotel is very nice and the accommodation is very comfortable. There was a separate bedroom and living area/kitchen and a private pool. The breakfast is really nice, staff are friendly and they provide free pick up and drop off to rooms from the reception area. Recommend this place.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kartikshah456
SentosaSeminyak G, Manager at Peppers Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Dear kartikshah456

Thank you for reviewing us.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your Sentosa Seminyak experience. I do hope you had to opportunity to use our spa and dined at our restaurant Salt tapas & bar.

I look forward to seeing you again and welcoming you back, hopefully soon!

Regards,

Reviewed 14 February 2014

Absolutely luxurious resort especially if you are lucky enough to be able to afford one of the large private 2 or 3 bedroom villas with their own plunge pool.
You can spend your entire time secluded in your villa, organize your own private chef and never have to leave or interact with others.
Staff are absolutely magnificent - in fact I have never met better.
Shame I never bumped into the famous Aussie in the bar or restaurant but saw plenty of security keeping us mortals away from her villa.
Did see Mercedes but she had no time for me.
Just wish channel 7 would pay for me to stay there indefinitely but regrettably I am not a human interest story.
Would definitely recommend.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jmcastings
SentosaSeminyak G, Manager at Peppers Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Dear jmcastings

Thank you for your review and I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.

We truly appreciate your kind words about the team and I will convey this to them.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Sentosa Seminyak soon.

Best regards

Reviewed 10 February 2014

I'm staying at this hotel at the moment whilst a celebrity guest ex con Schapelle Corby has just checked in.

This is a fine hotel to stay in and I would highly recommend it to anyone who wants a relaxed stay

Rooms are up market and comfortable and its worth splurging in the spa and massage centre.

Hopefully will run into Corby at the bar....

Room Tip: Get a room next to corby
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
12  Thank abooking
SentosaSeminyak G, Manager at Peppers Seminyak, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Dear abooking

Good to hear you that you are enjoying your stay with us and used our spa. The treatments on offer are truly pampering! You should take this opportunity to dine at Salt tapas while you are here too.

Regards

Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

Loved it great place staff very helpful and could not do enough for us food was great day spa wonderful the villa was amazing can't wait to go back with my family and friends again will be staying there again

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Sylvia L

Dear Sylvia L

Thanks for our review. Happy to hear your enjoyed your stay with us and I do hope you return soon!

I look forward to welcoming you back.

Regards

Reviewed 5 February 2014

I've only been to Bali a handful of times and Sentosa Seminyak was by far the best place I've stayed in so far. After making the big, big BIG mistake of staying in the Kuta cesspool on my first trip to Bali, we have since stayed at other hotels around Nusa Dua and Seminyak.

Sentosa Villas are stunning with fabulous service. While the villa price was a bit expensive for Bali, the service and location of Sentosa is great. Close to all the Seminyak hotspots like La Lucciola, Motel Mexicola and Ku De Ta - Sentosa is tucked away at the end of a dead end street so there is absolutely NO noise. You can walk from the hotel (the street is a bit scary though with no street lights at night) or take a taxi (just ask the taxi driver to be careful over the speed bumps as they are SO high and it scrapes the bottom of the car!).

The villas themselves are stunning with your own personal plunge pool, free wifi, kitchen, outdoor shower and more. We stayed in the pool one day while housekeeping came through and they are surprisingly all male! The housekeeping boys are amazing, so respectful, kind, quick and clean- so be sure to leave them a generous tip at the end of your trip (there are 5 cleaners that come to your room every day). Room service was great and quick. I also had a dressmaker come to the villa to make me some dresses and the front desk drove the dressmaker over to the villa in a gold cart.

The only issue we had with Sentosa was the villa beside ours was being renovated and some of the builders just stood on the rood overlooking our villa and stared at us girls swimming in the pool. We called the front desk to complain and not only did the manager of Sentosa come over but she brought three big security guards with her. She then made the security guards talk to the builders, remove them from the roof for the rest of the day AND when we left our villa to go shopping we noticed two of the same security guards standing guard at the front of the villa being constructed. AND the lovely manager sent over a massive fruit basket to apologise for the inconvenience.

Overall, a fabulous holiday and Sentosa should be very proud of their staff and the beautiful villas. We will certainly be back and recommend everyone to go and stay there when visiting Bali.

Room Tip: Avoid any villas near a construction zone or one being renovated. Also, some of the villas back onto...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Nina V

Dear Nina V

Thank for your review. Delighted to hear you had a good time staying with us.

Sorry to hear about the incident with workers nearby however happy to hear we quickly attended to this. We are mindful of the upgrading works we do and take the necessary precautions to manage this accordingly. Thank you for your understand.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Best regards