I recently stayed at this villa with my partner and 19month old baby. We chose to stay at a villa so we had our own pool and kitchen which made things easier with the baby. Although the villa is only one bedroom, it was a large bedroom and easily accommodated a porta cot. The Villa is very well maintained and of generous propotions. There was plenty of room for our daughter to play and run around. She could even watch a DVD in one room whilst we watched TV in the bedroom. The staff were extremely friendly and able to accommodate all of our requests. You can either sit around the pool or, if you want full sun, there is a lovely, private roof top area with sun lounges where you can tan to your hearts content. The pool is cool (which is rare for Bali) and refreshing. It's also a great size. Not a small plunge pool like other villas.
The only negative I can think of was that on arrival (late at night), no one had bothered to turn on the airconditioning in the villa prior to our arrival so it was stifling hot when we walked in. It wasn't pleasant, particularly with a baby. There are two airconditioning units. One that services the bedroom and one that services the living area. We were advised we could only run one or the other. We weren't too pleased about this given the baby needed to have a sleep during the day in the bedroom whilst we occupied the living area. We expressed our concerns so the staff rewired the airconditioning so both units worked at once. We were very happy with that. It's quiet at the villas - you barely hear or see the other guests. Which suited us.
You can have breakfast delivered to your room or at the hotel's cafe which is next door, on the main road. This isn't ideal as the cafe only opens at 9am and is closed on Sundays. It also doesn't have great overhead cover and when we were there and it started to rain, diners had to sit at their tables with umbrellas!! The room service breakfast is okay and they have a fairly good menu selection. Room service (at hotels throughout the world) do arrive cold though .. so we just zapped it in the microwave! Bali now has fabulous bakeries so we had fresh bread and our jar of vegemite with us so we always had the option of making our own toast as well.
The hotel is quite well located. There's not a great deal within walking distance but you can request the hotel drive you just about anywhere, at any time. The hotel is less than 5mins drive from Jalan Oberoi where there are heaps of fabulous restaurants. It's about a AUD1 cab ride home from there. Due to the poor roads and traffic congestion, it can take up to 40mins to drive to Kuta from there. You would only go into Kuta for more shopping options anyway. You can walk to the beach from the hotel. It would take about 5mins.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bali Island Villas & Spa, located within the vibrant pulse of Seminyak, is a private complex of 10 self-contained luxury villas. Although very much a part of Bali’s most cosmopolitan district, the villas remain a calming niche ideal for a relaxing break.While deviating architecturally from what is considered typically Balinese, the villas still feature plenty of elements that reflect local culture. Bali Island Villas & Spa respect the natural surroundings in a concept that has evolved to embrace the future.Each villa makes a daring statement through colour and aesthetic design to create an atmosphere that meets the expectations of the modern traveller. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TravelUp, Southall Travel, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Bali Island Villas & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bali Island Villas Hotel Seminyak
- Bali Island Villas And Spa
- Bali Island Hotel
- Bali Island Villas & Spa Seminyak