“Wow!! Totally Amazing!”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Zoop1305
Perth, Australia
“Ho Hum Deva”
Reviewed 8 December 2015 for a stay in November 2015

We recently had a 5 night stay at Villa Deva. First impressions when you walk in are lovely – great downstairs alfresco area (probably the best we’ve seen for some time) – lovely pool etc. etc. then unfortunately we moved into our respective bedrooms and here’s where the issues started. We had the bedroom downstairs (next to the alfresco area). Two out of three lights in the bathroom were not working (repaired on Day 2), our air-conditioning was non-existent and had to be re-gassed to make it even remotely cool. Our toilet was not flushing properly (soon rectified) and our safe needed to be opened before we could use it (minor). Ours was the only bathroom with a fan – this I cannot believe as the temperature in the bathrooms was furnace like. Shower heads are really a long way up and we had a stream of water jetting across the room for 7/8 feet. This needs attention. Without the fan it would have been unbearable trying to keep cool, putting on make-up and avoiding being turned into a ball of sweat just a few minutes out of the shower. Fans need to be installed in ALL the bathrooms in this Villa. Two out of 4 of the other bedrooms on the next two levels had continual issues with air-conditioning not working at all or working intermittently at best. The rooftop garden – well save your legs – not worth the bother and quite run down. On Day 3 one of the main ceiling fans in the alfresco area also stopped working and the remaining fans all seemed to be stuck on “low” – pre-set on that speed no doubt but for what reason !!! The staff did their best in the circumstances and unfortunately there were a lot of phone calls to and from with all the air-conditioning issues. We were given dinner on one of our nights there (Indonesian take-away) as compensation for all the disruption – this gesture was appreciated. A couple of annoying things – as soon as we left the Villa each day (despite requests to the contrary) the staff continually turned off our air-conditioners so that on our return our rooms were hot – no escape from the heat at all. All other Villas we’ve stayed at leave the air-conditioning on so there is at least some respite. At most other Villas we’ve stayed the staff come in and prepare breakfast, do our rooms and then disappear discreetly either to an office on site or away completely – staff at this Villa however seem to hover around almost all day and when their work is done – they sit in a tiny little passage off the kitchen – the heat must be unbearable for them and what a silly idea. There is little privacy.
The owners of Villa Deva need to do some maintenance – replace the air-conditioners if necessary, look at putting ceiling fans in the bathrooms and attend to other incidental maintenance issues before their guests arrive not whilst they are in residence. I for one won’t be back.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The outoor alfresco and pool areas
Liked least: Lack of air-conditioning and other maintenance issues
Travelling group: Large Group
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Dear Zoop,

We appreciate your feedback and will take it on board to make future improvements where possible.

Thank you.

66Janet
Melbourne, Australia
“Wow!! Totally Amazing!”
Reviewed 17 November 2015 for a stay in October 2015

I stayed at Villa Deva with 4 girlfriends for 4 nights. We had the most amazing time ever! The villa is beautiful and nothing was too much trouble for the lovely staff! We had wonderful massages arranged by the staff and spent our days sipping cocktails around the pool and totally chilling out! We will defiantly be back as soon as possible! Thank you Villa Deva for making our short holiday 5 star luxury!

Travelling group: Friends
Dear Janet,

Wow!! thank you sounds like you girls had a totally amazing time.

Look forward to seeing you again and thank you for staying at Villa Deva. It was all our pleasure.

Kind regards,

Stig_Trud...
Canggu, Indonesia
“Bali and right on the beach”
Reviewed 13 November 2015 for a stay in November 2015

Me and my wife spent a week here with friends and had a great time. Very friendly staff and the Villa is amazing. Location wise it was as close to the beach as one could possible get and close to Mosaic beach club and funky 707 beach bar. It is only a 5 minute taxi drive to Petitenget, Seminyak. This area is were the best restaurants and bars as well as shopping, never had to go any further. bali never disappoint us. Even for a dirty weekend.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Hi Stig_Trudi,

Thanks for the awesome feedback, so glad to hear you all had a great time.

We look forward to seeing you again.

Best Wishes

1702uli
“awesome villa”
Reviewed 12 November 2015 for a stay in September 2015

This is an awesome villa. Worth to stay!I stayed there for few days and it's really easy to walk around.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Dear Uli,

Thank you for your kind review. Glad you had a great time.

Best Wishes

Joydeep C
Chadstone
“Do not ruin your holiday!”
Reviewed 7 October 2015 for a stay in October 2015

I recently went to Bali with a big friend circle. As you can imagine, managing a holiday trip in the busy schedule is tough and it becomes literally impossible if you want to do it with your friends as all of them have their own schedule and commitments. Still, we could manage the time and go ahead with the trip. While planning the trip, we decided to end the trip on a high note so we decided to stay at Villa Deva - Rooftop Ocean Views for two nights. We were so interested to stay in this place that we stayed in Kuta for a few nights and changed to Villa Deva as it was not available during that time. But to be very honest, the experience in Villa Deva was horrible and it kind of ruined our vacation.

First of all, Villa Deva is inside the Eden Residence which has 7-8 villas in that place but surprisingly Villa Deva is not managed by them. It is managed by a “virtual” entity called Eclectic Villas. I called it virtual because it does not have any physical presence there. You will find no one from Eclectic Villas to help you out in time of need. There is a Manager in Villa Deva and 3-4 staffs who generally comes by 8 in the morning and stay there till 4 pm. After that they leave and do not even care if you need them in urgency. Sadly enough, Eden Residence also does not bother to cooperate you in case of emergency. Adding to your agony you will see, staffs of Eden serving other villas till late night.

Moreover, I personally had to experience one incident myself which I believe no one would even dare to face it in a foreign land. The incident was regarding massage. Before going out of the villa, we asked the manager to arrange massage for 5 persons at 8 pm. We also informed him that as we are going for a day trip we may inform you ahead if anything changes from the plan. Due to heavy traffic, we could not go ahead with our day trip as planned. We all had plans of shopping so we were in a dilemma of choosing between massage at villa or shopping. After a while, I decided to go ahead with massage and other decided to go for shopping. So we called the manager at around 5.45 pm and informed him regarding our change of plan & requested him to cancel 4 massage bookings. We also requested him to be at the villa by 8 for the security purpose as well. He agreed to it and I returned to the villa at 8 pm. To my utter surprise, I found 5 women sitting there for us to massage. I explained them the situation and said that we have already cancelled 4 massage appointments and retained only 1. But they were not in a mood to agree rather started shouting at me and demanded the money. As I felt situation is going out of control, I went to the reception in front which is owned by Eden Residence for help! To my utter surprise, they denied to help me. When I asked for the contact number of the manager of Villa Deva, they even could not provide me that! Then I called one of my friends and got the number of Villa Deva’s Manager. I ran out of balance so I asked Eden Residence whether I can use their phone or not. They responded in affirmative but they said they will charge me for the call. Here I need to mention, Villa Deva does not have any phone or intercom inside the villa for the guests to use! So I had to go for it and called Villa Deva’s Manager. To add to the agony, he did not receive my call. My friends also called the contact number of Eclectic Villas but they also did not respond. Seeing no other option, I went back to my villa and said to the massage women that they have got two options – one they can go back without anything if they do not comply to me or I can take the massage & will tip them well. They chose the second option and thus the matter ended there. But I fear that, the situation could have gone much worse and I would have left there stranded without any help despite paying such a hefty amount of rent!

The villa has also got some serious maintenance issues. The pictures here look really brilliant but the place is full of cracks, damp and stains on the walls, roofs and the floor. The white theme looks very good in the picture but in reality white is slowing turning into yellow for both wall & furniture. Paying $986 for two nights, this will probably not what you will settle for!

Coming from a tropical country, mosquito is not something new to us. But the amount of mosquitos you will find in the deck is simply unbearable for any sane person to stay there for a while. Even multiple rounds of spray could not reduce the lethal bites of mosquitos. Before coming here, one of the key reasons for choosing this place was the deck where we planned to hangout at night, have some drinks, do some music and chitchat a bit. But we did not know that, mosquitos there already had a prior booking for party!

All in all, it’s a horrible place to plan your holiday. The other 7-8 villas of Eden Residence have the same design and they do have 24X7 support staffs there. So if you really want to enjoy your vacation in villa then you can go for those.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
10 Nov 2015
Dear Joydeep C,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your recent stay at Villa Deva.

We are most disappointed to learn of your dissatisfaction and feel it necessary for us to formally respond.

First, we would like to kindly correct you and advise that Eclectic Bali Villas is not the management company as you have stated. Villa Deva is managed privately by the owner and Eclectic Bali Villas handles all marketing and reservations for the property. It is true that Villa Deva is one villa within Eden Residence which is not managed by the onsite management. Villa Deva is not the only villa within the complex to be managed independently. The owner of Villa Deva has appointed a Villa Supervisor and Housekeepers to take care of the day-to-day operations and to attend to any guest requirements. The owner also contributes to the 24-hour onsite security so guests may benefit from this service. Correspondence to your travelling group prior to and at the time of your booking states that Villa Deva includes housekeeping between the hours of 8:00am and 4:00pm so we are a little unsure why you may have expected them to work hours different to this. With some prior notice the staff at Villa Deva can typically be flexible with their schedule to accommodate guests requirements.

It would seem the core issue during your stay was the situation you had with the massage therapists and the difficulties you experienced trying to contact someone to assist you. We would like to take this opportunity to genuinely apologise and assure you we have fully investigated the matter and implemented corrective measures to prevent future occurrences. Specifically, we have contacted the spa who provided the massage therapists and advised them of our dissatisfaction in the way your situation was handled. They have assured us they will contact the Villa Supervisor in the unlikely event of any future booking discrepancies instead of trying to settle these with our guests directly. Villa Deva actually has a telephone in the living area and all staff telephone numbers (incl. the Villa Supervisor) are on speed dial for guests convenience. We specifically had this phone installed some time ago so guests did not need to utilise the onsite reception. We have identified we need to further emphasise to guests that Villa Deva is independently managed and as such guests are required to contact our staff using the telephone provided for all matters related to their stay. This will now be done at the time of check-in and detailed in the welcome letter provided to our guests. Eclectic Bali Villas has always provided an after-hours telephone number on its office voicemail. It is unfortunate you did not contact this number.

Thank you again for taking the time to provide your feedback and we genuinely hope that despite the issue mentioned that you still managed to enjoy your time in beautiful Bali.

Best regards,

Villa Deva Team
Hopeless...
Dhaka City, Bangladesh
“I beg u read before going!”
Reviewed 3 October 2015 for a stay in September 2015

We wanted to end our holiday with a bang by staying here for 2 nights. But the disappointment just ruined our vacation.

1. Villa bali is one of the villas inside eden residence (with few other villas). BUT it is not managed by eden residence. U will have the contact with "Eclectic Balli Villas" for booking & requirements. Now eclectic is absolutely virtual, i have only email responses with them, they do not have any reception or physical presence at the villa at all. At the villa, u will be greeted with the manager of the villa, & the staff. The manager stays for few hours or so every morning.staff stays from morning to 4 pm. From 4 pm till morning, they leave u on ur own & vanish! Now at first we did not bother, as we actually didnt need any service (or we didnt know if they could offer anything at all, saw staff of other villas running in & out of other villas with juice, snacks till late night).
Let's come to what went wrong. We asked the manager one morning to arrange massage at the villa for 5 persons. We also discussed with him that since we will be out for a day trip, if any problem arises & we cant reach villa in time, we will call him to cancel. Unfortunately we were stuck in terrible traffic for some ceremony,& were late in our that days activity. 1 of our friends called it a day & started for villa while others continued the day trip plan. He called the manager to cancel 4 massage appointments & keep only 1.he called at 6pm, the appointments were at 8pm so there was plenty of time to cancel.when he arrived at villa, he saw 5 women waiting to give madsage! When he explained we cancelled, they denied & started harrassing him for money.The manager or staff no 1 was there! He ran to the reception of eden garden, hoping to get some help, they said,"We do not take any responsibility of villa deva". He tried to call the villa manager, the only contact point we had, he did not pick up the call!eden residence did not even offer a free call seeing the situation, they rather charged to make a call. When my friend informed us, we called the eclectic bali villas, guess what, no body picked up! Can u imagine being harrassed abroad by 5 locals in a desserted villa all alone? He finally came out of the situation by taking his massage only but paying more than agreed amount.

2. The villa has seen its best days only when the pictures were taken. With $986 for 2 nights, I would have never agreed to accept such maintainance issues. Every single tile of the villa has cracks. Every room has stains & damps on roof, wall & floor. The beautiful white walls, furniture has turned to yellow. Curtains were full of holes when sunrays came in.its not unlivable, but is it too much to ask for a clean place?

3. Oh the mosquitoes! I dont know whether it was possible by villa to keep it under control, but surely we were unhappy. Let me say first, we come from a tropical country, so we r ok with few bites. But imagine u have planned for a musical session with friends at night beside the pool & that should be the highlight of the trip, but all ruined because every 1 is attacked by mozzies. Priceless!

The best thing about the villa was the pool & rooftop. All the villas around this 1 has ditto structure. I will strongly ask u to take any villa around this one.

Dear management, do spend ur guest's money on keeping this place beautiful with maintainance & service, as it deserves.

4 Apr 2017
Thank you for your feedback. We are incredibly sorry and disappointed that this was you experience at Villa Deva. We appreciate your comments and will take them under advisement for future betterment. Just to let you know Eclectic Bali Villas is the booking and marketing agent and not engaged in the management and day to day running of Villa Deva.

We were a bit taken back by your comments as we usually get such wonderful feedback about this villa and its staff. But again, We cannot apologize enough for your experience, it was terribly unfortunate.

We do sincerely hope that you did enjoyed your holiday despite the difficulties that you faced.

Sebastian...
Perth, Australia
“Beautiful Quiet Tranquil Spot with amazing staff views and location”
Reviewed 3 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015

Beautiful Quiet Tranquil Spot with amazing staff views and location.
Couldn't ask for a better holiday So close to the beach. Not to far away from seminyak and canggu. But far away enough to be peaceful. Cant say enough about the staff very accommodating.And They go out of your way to make sure your holiday is very special.
Highly recommend.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Rooftop sunsets
Liked least: The fact we had to leave
Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 25-34
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Dear Sebastian,

So pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay at Villa Deva. Your recommendations of the Villa are greatly appreciated.

Hope to see you again in Bali.

Villa Deva
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing