“Delightful in every way!”

Anantara Seminyak Bali Resort
Ranked #54 of 148 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed 25 October 2011

My husband and I recently stayed at the Anantara Seminyak Resort and Spa in Bali. This was our third visit to Bali but our first stay in the Seminyak area. We found the area great - the right mix of activity and relaxation. There were great restaurants, bars and shops within walking distance, and a nice stretch of beach.
The Anantara itself was all that we wanted. We stayed in a seaview suite, which gave us the opportunity to view the lovely sunset from our own balcony. The suite was huge with a large bathroom, comfortable lounge area and a particularly useful dressing room. The delightful deck had a private spa and a large day bed. There were thoughtful additions such as an ipod dock, games, insect repellent and so on.
Both restaurants were good though we frequented the downstairs Orchid restaurant more often as the upstairs bar/restaurant, though affording amazing views, often had loud dance music pumping which wasn't really conducive to a restful dining experience. As a place for a pre dinner drink though it was great.
What really made the Anantara experience so enjoyable though was the truly delightful staff. They were helpful and courteous in every way. Nothing was too much trouble. We enjoyed the conversations we shared, and learned even more about beautiful Bali.
My husband has a significant birthday next year and we plan to return with our adult children to celebrate the milestone, and enjoy the Anantara hospitality once again.

Room Tip: Seaview suites have wonderful views.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank saintgirl_11
Write a ReviewReviews (1,483)

Reviewed 22 October 2011

After staying in Anantara,Phuket for 1 week on my honeymoon I was really hoping for the same experience in Bali during my second week. However these properties are WORLDS apart.

Good: Rooms are nice if you can get past some of the worn pieces of furniture.

Location is right on the beach.

Bad: Service is just so so, initially my room was situated one floor up from a shack on the beach (these rooms should not exist) When I mentioned this I was told I can upgrade for $120 a night. After complaining again I was finally moved to a different floor a day later.

-I had to call to get my toilet fixed twice.

-The speakers in my room were muffled.

-The concierge told my wife a restaurant was booked for the week without even checking. When another concierge was able to book it within 10 min a day later.

-The food is definitely nothing to brag about especially after leaving Anantara, Phuket

Overall: I definitely don't plan to stay here again and really wished I booked the Samaya as I planned. I felt like I spent half my time getting things fixed instead of relaxing. However, Im sure Anantara has other wonderful properties like the one in Phuket just do your research first.

• Stayed: October 2011
2  Thank Vicman1324
IvanBali, General Manager at Anantara Seminyak Bali Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2011

Dear Anantara Guest,

Greetings from Seminyak, Bali and thank you for staying with us recently. Following your review posted a few days ago, we would like to thank you for your time and energy since our guests' perspective is important to us and so is your constructive feedback. The team and I are very glad to receive your valuable comments in order to take immediate action and follow up where necessary in order to continue to improve our guests' experiences.

In particular we have noted your positive comments about our accommodation remarking that our suites are nice as well as the location of our resort being right on the beach. We also appreciated your kind comments regarding our sister Anantara resort you have visited in Phuket for your first part of your honeymoon; our Anantara brand has turned 10 years recently so our properties can be found in different destinations around South-East Asia as well as in Maldives and Abu Dhabi so I am personally very glad our contributors are able to enjoy different properties in different locations offering completely different experiences.

It is with deep personal regret that you particularly did not fully enjoy your experience in Seminyak since my team and I feel very proud to be one of the newest resort boutique concepts in the brand however, I do also understand that your expectations would have been set at different level after visiting our pool-villa sister resort in Phuket; in this regard, I would like to express my most sincere apologies for disappointing you during your second part of your honeymoon here in Seminyak since we do believe that despite offering a very different Anantara experience, we have the same brand values which relates to our associates’ DNA and guests’ satisfaction. With regards to your comments on the service being “so so” as well as the concierge not reliable enough, I would like to emphasize that our staff service and attention to details is generally impeccable, providing unique personalized service, regular courtesy calls of follow up, individual interactions and many other kind of heartfelt attentions usually excellently perceived by our guests from all over the world; in any case and understanding that you were not enchanted by the same magic as our many other hundreds of reviewers, I would like to respectfully apologize on behalf of my team and I will personally ensure we continue raising the bar in this aspect so thank you for sharing your feedback with us.

In addition, I have also taken note about your remarks on the suite allocation and whilst being often very flexible, our front desk team is always looking to ensure that our guests obtain their requested suite type and for pertaining upgrades, they are always very happy to assist with any on site requests, subject to availability and conditions. In the same line, should there be any other inconveniences or operational malfunctions, we highly recommend addressing them during your journey with us so we are able to react upon it ‘in the spot’ maximizing your satisfaction; we have now well noted your detailed constructive remarks and we shall follow up accordingly, thank you.

Lastly, the team and I are also disappointed to learn about your 'nothing to brag about' culinary journey with us since we can proudly say that we showcase one of the most popular dining scenes in Seminyak and since the appointment of our Executive Chef Brandon, who joined us last March, his extensive background experience in the industry as well as previous assignments in various renowned top resorts in Bali, has allowed us to look forward into a new era in food excellence, able to deliver a high standard of cuisine for everyone visiting us.

Once again, thank you for sharing your point of view with our readers, I am personally sorry we were not able to please you entirely and my team and I will continue working hard in our efforts to please every Anantara customer; should you decide to give us a second opportunity to make a first impression, I am confident we would be able to provide you a truly Anantara experience, either here or in any other Anantara resort! As usual, please feel free to contact me at icasadevall@anantara.com, I am always available for any queries and very happy to assist.

Thank you for your attention and we look forward to continue bringing more and more guests to Bali, the Island of Gods!

With kind regards,

Ivan Casadevall

Reviewed 16 October 2011

Total Bali experience wrapped into one spot at the SOS Supper Club on the top floor of the hotel. Been to Bali a dozen times and this location has it all. Food and drinks are phenomenal, view of the sunset unmatched, ambiance and service superb-all this while sitting comfortably at the top of a luxery hotel by an infinity pool that appears to cascade into the ocean below.

Room Tip: They are all lovely.
Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 October 2011

First of all to be fair to the Anantara Seminyak we did arrive at the hotel after being in the North of the island in a boutique hotel where it was very traditional and quiet compared to a busy & noisey Seminyak.

So on arrive to the hotel we were greated by a receptionist who took us to the lounge area and talked us through the hotel and our room whilst sipping on a welcoem drink (drink i must say was average)

We were then showed to our room. The room (412) was located on the second floor with a partial sea view. The room itself was outstanding, a massive openplan area with giant bed, all the mod cons...and more. The bath room again was lovely with a large shower, Bath, his and hers sinks and toilet.

The Pool area led straight to the beach which was all keep well and what you would expect from a hotel like this.

The food (breakfast included) was nice....i wouldn't go as far as amazing, especially as some meals were very expensive....but could complain too much.

The hotel had free wifi, also a lovely libary down stairs with free dvd rentals and internet access via two Mac stations.

The spa and fitness area was nice and we used them a few times.

The down sides i would say are:
1) The towels were pretty disgusting, the smell of them (even "clean" ones) i would not dry my dog in. That needs sorting.
2) The taxi rank/hut outside the main entrance needs seeing to, you get way to much hassel from the guys hanging out there 24/7.
3) The smell that often drifts over the pool area can be off putting.

All in all a nice hotel but definately not for honeymooners as we were.....but for any other occassion it would be fine.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Wussawarrior

Dear Anantara Guest,

Greetings from Seminyak, Bali and thank you for staying with us recently, the team and I are very glad to receive your valuable comments and we would like to thank you as well for your time into posting your review, our guests' perspective is important to us and so is your constructive feedback.

In particular we have noted your positive comments about our outstanding suites with a massive ‘open plan’ area and a giant bed as well as all the amenities and special touches; we are very proud of your remarks about the bathroom being very lovely with a large shower, a bath, a ‘his and hers’ sinks fixture as well as we also appreciated very much your compliments towards the pool area leading to the beach, all very well maintained. Thank you also for your positive feedback on our food, including breakfast and with pleasure I will share with our Library and Spa team, your kind reference to our lovely library offering free DVD rentals and complimentary internet access via two Mac stations as well as free wi-fi around the resort as much as the Spa and Fitness facilities on our rooftop.

On the other hand, it is with deep regret that we have acknowledged your negative comments about our en-suite towels’ supplies, which apparently were not in top condition in your case and for which we would like to respectfully apologize since I personally believe this must have been a very unpleasant experience; fortunately, these standards are very uncommon (in fact unheard of) in our resort and along with many other fantastic amenities included in our wide range of accommodation services and facilities, I will personally ensure our rooms division team looks into this specific case in particular to avoid repeating the same mistake again, thank you for bringing this matter up to our attention. With regards to the smell which ‘often drifts’ over the pool area, it is quite surprising to us as we are not able to recall any particular problem we could have experienced recently but perhaps it could have arisen from the ocean as the winds change often direction however, we shall monitor this matter closely for ours' and everyone’s peace of mind. Lastly, we have also taken on board your comments about the taxi hut in front of the hotel, which for your information, belongs to the local community and although the resort’s management supports it very actively, they have their own leadership team to which we shall report your concerns to; in addition, please be informed that Anantara always recommends Blue Bird taxi company as a priority and as the most reliable partner in Seminyak and for reference as well, our security team always assists our guests entering and exiting vehicles as part of our courtesy but also safety program.

Thank you once again for sharing your point of view with our readers, I am personally sorry we were not able to please you entirely and my team and I will continue working hard in our efforts to please every Anantara customer; should you decide to give us a second opportunity to make a first impression, I am confident we would be able to provide you a truly Anantara experience! As usual, please feel free to contact me at icasadevall@anantara.com, I am always available for any queries and very happy to assist.

With kind regards,

Ivan Casadevall

Reviewed 9 October 2011

It's just impeccable,

The hotel is stylish, well-equipped with very spacious rooms and all the facilities you'll need.
Plus, the staff are informative and helpful, the service would make me feel like home.

It's exactly located in the beach-front and infinity pool is a big plus if you're into it.
Around 10-15 mins talk from hotel to main street in Seminyak,easy access to the restaurants, bars, shops or travel agents.

SOS super club at the rooftop is also a very nice place to chill out especially the sunset time. Overall, it's highly ranked on my list and will absolutely come back again.

Room Tip: Try to get high-floor rooms
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ElvinHsu
Reviewed 8 October 2011

We stayed here for a long weekend without kids and really enjoyed it. The Hotel is very modern, so no Balinese contemporary building style. The Ocean View Suite was wonderful, large, well equipped and clean. Select the highest floor, we had been on "Level 1", which is really the second floor, but had a view at the ocean through the trees. Although the building is only 3 years old, the daily salt infusion from the ocean starts to show already on some of the exterior.

The reception experience was as expected (stayed in Anantara Hotels before), pleasant and effective. The restaurants offer a short but well selected menu and the food was very good for lunch and dinner. Breakfast could be a tad more "grand" and the coffee served as a standard should certainly be overhauled (and the flat white offered straight away and not only as a replacement choice). The view and the ambiance at the rooftop is hard to match by any of the other Hotels in the area. We also enjoyed the professional and relaxing Spa treatments and recommend this as a must to a couples stay.

The location is obviously great if you like it to be more lively than Nusa Dua. The proximity to the shops, galleries and restaurants make it easy to have a day packed of activities, the beach itself is wonderful for a walk and if you are into it, for surfing. Obviously the noise from the waves are hardly filtered out at night through the windows and one needs to be enjoying to sleep with that sound, otherwise it may be a restless night.

Staff is friendly and helpful at all times, no complaints and hope that it stays that way. We will be back for sure.

Room Tip: High floor facing the Ocean
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 October 2011

New hotel, great location, spacious and elegant room, impeccable service and direct access to the beach - can't expect more.

The infinity pool is a plus - the ocean is just 30 meters away and sets a nice backdrop.

I checked out at noon but my flight is at 8pm. The hotel even prepared a shower room for me at 5pm and helped me arrange my transfer to the airport - the service is impeccable.

P.s. The mattress is firm and heavenly.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo