“Best Holiday I've ever had thanks to the staff at Anantara!”

Anantara Seminyak Bali Resort
Ranked #54 of 148 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed 3 November 2011

This hotel and its staff was impeccable, amazing and made our experience of Bali unforgettable. Having never been to Bali before I didn't know what to expect but the Anantara not only provided the best customer service and attention to detail that I've ever had the pleasure of enjoying, but also arranged for special trips for me and my partner to explore the rest the island had to offer.

We stayed in the Penthouse during our stay and by far the best part of this experience was how personalised our stay was and this was predominantly down to Gede and his fantastic customer service skills. He goes above and beyond a member of the hotel and is both friendly and endlessly helpful.

We wish we had chosen to come here for our honeymoon because we don't know how we will top this amazing experience. Perhaps we will just have to go back! :)

Again, the best hotel in Bali and if you want the ultimate experience of Seminyak then stay here!

Room Tip: If you can afford it, splash out on the Penthouse...you will NEVER regret it!
1  Thank seaforth92
Write a ReviewReviews (1,483)

Reviewed 29 October 2011

Our family have literally just walked through the door back home from a lovely couple of nights at the Anantara Seminyak, Bali. The staff are wonderful - warm, helpful and very personable with our children and us. The room was very spacious and well appointed. Reading through some of the posted reviews, I did feel as though some of the decor was starting to feel a bit worn, however we had also just come from a newly renovated resort. We thought the breakfast was superb with the a la carte choices as well. We would have liked a bigger pool but for a beach front hotel in the middle of a fabulous area in Bali the pool was great. The bed was big and comfortable - we would have liked to have been able to completely blackout the room with a darker blind in the bathroom, but it was fine. I had a fruit facial in the spa which I have heard about prior to this experience but have never tried. The beauticians were exceptional - friendly and very well trained. I thoroughly enjoyed my facial and thought the experience was memorable - cucumber, yogurt, honey... who would have thought they could make up a wonderful beauty experience?! Again though I thought the decor and furnishings of the spa are really dated and let down the whole service. The staff at SOS (the bar on the roof) were also great with our children especially Agus. Thank you for a lovely stay! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 October 2011

My first impression of ANANTARA was after arriving late at night from Melbourne and frankly it looked a little drab and dated.Next morning my first experience was a walk along Seminyak beach in front of the hotel and being confronted by rather dirty looking volcanic sand for the first time.Previously I have stayed at Four Seasons on Jimbaran Bay where your not so close to the beach (which isn't great either).That is where the negatives ended and even they improved.After a bit you get used to the sand color and the beach is wide and clean.The water is clear,delightfully warm (28C) and modest surf.The hotel is beach front and the Ocean view suites are well worth the money for a great view,generous balcony and the perfect way to see the sunsets.Its a boutique property,relaxed,informal and excellent food and beverage services overlooking the pool and beach.This is a place to enjoy at your own pace and be looked after by faultlessly willing staff.The location is very convenient and you can walk to all the other major hotels and beech front hotels and restaurants.Oberoi,Accor,Legian etc are near neighbors and W Hotel is 20 minutes walk down the beach if you need to be out there!!

Room Tip: Ocean view suites are worth the money
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Christopher R
Reviewed 26 October 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Anantara Resort for 6 nights in September. It is a world class facility, modern and luxurious, staff were wonderful in their attention to guests, anticipating any requirement in a relaxed but professional approach. Our room was very spacious and beautifully appointed. The location is perfect for easy access to shops and the excellent restaurants in the Seminyak / Legian area. We plan a return holiday next year.

Room Tip: Rooms to the rear very quiet and less expensive however generally no sea view.
Reviewed 25 October 2011

My husband and I recently stayed at the Anantara Seminyak Resort and Spa in Bali. This was our third visit to Bali but our first stay in the Seminyak area. We found the area great - the right mix of activity and relaxation. There were great restaurants, bars and shops within walking distance, and a nice stretch of beach.
The Anantara itself was all that we wanted. We stayed in a seaview suite, which gave us the opportunity to view the lovely sunset from our own balcony. The suite was huge with a large bathroom, comfortable lounge area and a particularly useful dressing room. The delightful deck had a private spa and a large day bed. There were thoughtful additions such as an ipod dock, games, insect repellent and so on.
Both restaurants were good though we frequented the downstairs Orchid restaurant more often as the upstairs bar/restaurant, though affording amazing views, often had loud dance music pumping which wasn't really conducive to a restful dining experience. As a place for a pre dinner drink though it was great.
What really made the Anantara experience so enjoyable though was the truly delightful staff. They were helpful and courteous in every way. Nothing was too much trouble. We enjoyed the conversations we shared, and learned even more about beautiful Bali.
My husband has a significant birthday next year and we plan to return with our adult children to celebrate the milestone, and enjoy the Anantara hospitality once again.

Room Tip: Seaview suites have wonderful views.
2  Thank saintgirl_11
Reviewed 22 October 2011

After staying in Anantara,Phuket for 1 week on my honeymoon I was really hoping for the same experience in Bali during my second week. However these properties are WORLDS apart.

Good: Rooms are nice if you can get past some of the worn pieces of furniture.

Location is right on the beach.

Bad: Service is just so so, initially my room was situated one floor up from a shack on the beach (these rooms should not exist) When I mentioned this I was told I can upgrade for $120 a night. After complaining again I was finally moved to a different floor a day later.

-I had to call to get my toilet fixed twice.

-The speakers in my room were muffled.

-The concierge told my wife a restaurant was booked for the week without even checking. When another concierge was able to book it within 10 min a day later.

-The food is definitely nothing to brag about especially after leaving Anantara, Phuket

Overall: I definitely don't plan to stay here again and really wished I booked the Samaya as I planned. I felt like I spent half my time getting things fixed instead of relaxing. However, Im sure Anantara has other wonderful properties like the one in Phuket just do your research first.

• Stayed: October 2011
2  Thank Vicman1324
IvanBali, General Manager at Anantara Seminyak Bali Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2011

Dear Anantara Guest,

Greetings from Seminyak, Bali and thank you for staying with us recently. Following your review posted a few days ago, we would like to thank you for your time and energy since our guests' perspective is important to us and so is your constructive feedback. The team and I are very glad to receive your valuable comments in order to take immediate action and follow up where necessary in order to continue to improve our guests' experiences.

In particular we have noted your positive comments about our accommodation remarking that our suites are nice as well as the location of our resort being right on the beach. We also appreciated your kind comments regarding our sister Anantara resort you have visited in Phuket for your first part of your honeymoon; our Anantara brand has turned 10 years recently so our properties can be found in different destinations around South-East Asia as well as in Maldives and Abu Dhabi so I am personally very glad our contributors are able to enjoy different properties in different locations offering completely different experiences.

It is with deep personal regret that you particularly did not fully enjoy your experience in Seminyak since my team and I feel very proud to be one of the newest resort boutique concepts in the brand however, I do also understand that your expectations would have been set at different level after visiting our pool-villa sister resort in Phuket; in this regard, I would like to express my most sincere apologies for disappointing you during your second part of your honeymoon here in Seminyak since we do believe that despite offering a very different Anantara experience, we have the same brand values which relates to our associates’ DNA and guests’ satisfaction. With regards to your comments on the service being “so so” as well as the concierge not reliable enough, I would like to emphasize that our staff service and attention to details is generally impeccable, providing unique personalized service, regular courtesy calls of follow up, individual interactions and many other kind of heartfelt attentions usually excellently perceived by our guests from all over the world; in any case and understanding that you were not enchanted by the same magic as our many other hundreds of reviewers, I would like to respectfully apologize on behalf of my team and I will personally ensure we continue raising the bar in this aspect so thank you for sharing your feedback with us.

In addition, I have also taken note about your remarks on the suite allocation and whilst being often very flexible, our front desk team is always looking to ensure that our guests obtain their requested suite type and for pertaining upgrades, they are always very happy to assist with any on site requests, subject to availability and conditions. In the same line, should there be any other inconveniences or operational malfunctions, we highly recommend addressing them during your journey with us so we are able to react upon it ‘in the spot’ maximizing your satisfaction; we have now well noted your detailed constructive remarks and we shall follow up accordingly, thank you.

Lastly, the team and I are also disappointed to learn about your 'nothing to brag about' culinary journey with us since we can proudly say that we showcase one of the most popular dining scenes in Seminyak and since the appointment of our Executive Chef Brandon, who joined us last March, his extensive background experience in the industry as well as previous assignments in various renowned top resorts in Bali, has allowed us to look forward into a new era in food excellence, able to deliver a high standard of cuisine for everyone visiting us.

Once again, thank you for sharing your point of view with our readers, I am personally sorry we were not able to please you entirely and my team and I will continue working hard in our efforts to please every Anantara customer; should you decide to give us a second opportunity to make a first impression, I am confident we would be able to provide you a truly Anantara experience, either here or in any other Anantara resort! As usual, please feel free to contact me at icasadevall@anantara.com, I am always available for any queries and very happy to assist.

Thank you for your attention and we look forward to continue bringing more and more guests to Bali, the Island of Gods!

With kind regards,

Ivan Casadevall

Reviewed 16 October 2011

Total Bali experience wrapped into one spot at the SOS Supper Club on the top floor of the hotel. Been to Bali a dozen times and this location has it all. Food and drinks are phenomenal, view of the sunset unmatched, ambiance and service superb-all this while sitting comfortably at the top of a luxery hotel by an infinity pool that appears to cascade into the ocean below.

Room Tip: They are all lovely.
Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family