We stayed in this hotel in November 2011 and changed from our regular hotel in Legian to get a different lot of shops to see on our daily walk outside the hotel. We loved the hotel, our room was an ocean view room (would suggest you insist on that when you book) After the initial runaround with rooms (firstly put into a corner room on the ground floor- not what we requested months prior) - were put into an ocean view suite on the 4th floor. (Request a room above the first 2 floors or you will be looking through trees) We had done that but still we given a ground floor room unfortunately! However after insisting that we got the room we requested - we arrived on our anniversary, we loved the Anantara! Would be nice to avoid the initial upset - I would suggest ringing the hotel before arriving even if you book though a travel agent. The only downfall with the high rooms is the SOS Bar upstairs - very loud (but you are supplied with earplugs) or you could just go up and enjoy the band.
The outlook of the beach from the room is just glorious and the food is ordered and so delicious (they have a buffet as well - even honeycomb suspended to drip very fresh honey for your toast!) - beautiful sunsets every night, chilled out breakfasts in front of the pool overlooking the ocean - just what holidays are meant to be.
The rooms have everything you could want - coffee maker, games, Wifi, bath with all the bath foams etc, Jacuzzi on the balcony, very comfortable beds, lovely big dressing room separate from the bathroom/vanity room - shower rose is enormous and has different settings for different sprays of water etc so its like standing in a rain shower..Ipod docking station, comfy couch & coffee table, the only thing we requested was an iron and ironing board which they left with us for the week.
Take advantage of the 'Dining by Design' normally a table on the decking by the beach, but on the night we booked they were holding a full moon party there so we had ours in the penthouse with a waiter and waitress and it was beautiful. You can bring your own wine and pay corkage so the Dining by Design was about AU$60 per person for 3 gorgeous courses - we opted for one seafood and one meat menu so we shared everything. Well worth the money.
The Hotel is also right next door to Chez Gado Gado and very close to all the restaurants in Seminyak - we went to Metis, Sarong, Chez Gado Gado, Rumours, Gosha this visit (I've done review on all of these restaurants) but also close to Chandi, Ultimo - all the popular restaurants in Seminyak. You can walk to the Bintang supermarket from the Anantara and there are also some smaller supermarkets closer. We also spent a lot of time in Spa Bali (see my review) which is in the same street. There is a laundry just down the road on Jalan Drupadi. Taxi's a readily available in the street just down from the Anantara and there are a multitude of fantastic shops everywhere on Jalan Raya Seminyak. There are DVD shops and cheap eat restaurants along Jalan Dyhana Pura.
The sand is grey volcanic sand down this end but the beach is still lovely. Try a cocktail along the beach to the left of the Anantara at La Plancha Bar - gorgeous! Or take a driver to Echo Beach Beach House restaurant on a Sunday Night (can't book, so get there about 4.30pm) and watch the sun go down.
This is not a cheap hotel by any stretch of the imagination but so well worth the money! I would not hesitate to go to this Hotel next visit to Bali, the staff are wonderful (special mention to Ariy) Even sending a security guard and a staff representative with us (in a hotel car) to do a police report for a lost mobile phone. Excellent!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Anantara's all-suite Bali resort at Seminyak offers a distinctly contemporary design approach blended with Balinese and Indonesian culture, ocean views, expansive balconies and Anantara's inimitable Jacuzzi terrazzo bath tubs big enough for two. Our all-suite resort amenities range from the glorious rooftop lounge SOS Supper Club and rooftop Anantara Spa to one infinity edge swimming pool staring out upon the Indian Ocean. Anantara Seminyak Bali Resort matches its elegant approach to travel with one of the most upmarket locations in Indonesia, containing chic restaurants and cafes, trendy nightlife and internationally renowned shopping opportunities. With nearby historical charms and our Bali hotel's fastidious approach to both design and facilities, Anantara Seminyak Bali Resort provides an unforgettable accommodation experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Travelbag, Priceline, TravelUp, Ebookers, Southall Travel, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Anantara Seminyak Bali Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Seminyak Resort & Spa, Bali Hotel Seminyak
- Anantara Seminyak Resort And Spa, Bali
- Anantara Hotel Seminyak
- Anantara Seminyak Hotel Bali
- Anantara Seminyak Bali Resort