“Lovely Hotel, fantastic location - close to all the best restaurants!”

Anantara Seminyak Bali Resort
Ranked #50 of 143 Hotels in Seminyak
Australia
“Lovely Hotel, fantastic location - close to all the best restaurants!”
Reviewed 7 January 2012

We stayed in this hotel in November 2011 and changed from our regular hotel in Legian to get a different lot of shops to see on our daily walk outside the hotel. We loved the hotel, our room was an ocean view room (would suggest you insist on that when you book) After the initial runaround with rooms (firstly put into a corner room on the ground floor- not what we requested months prior) - were put into an ocean view suite on the 4th floor. (Request a room above the first 2 floors or you will be looking through trees) We had done that but still we given a ground floor room unfortunately! However after insisting that we got the room we requested - we arrived on our anniversary, we loved the Anantara! Would be nice to avoid the initial upset - I would suggest ringing the hotel before arriving even if you book though a travel agent. The only downfall with the high rooms is the SOS Bar upstairs - very loud (but you are supplied with earplugs) or you could just go up and enjoy the band.

The outlook of the beach from the room is just glorious and the food is ordered and so delicious (they have a buffet as well - even honeycomb suspended to drip very fresh honey for your toast!) - beautiful sunsets every night, chilled out breakfasts in front of the pool overlooking the ocean - just what holidays are meant to be.
The rooms have everything you could want - coffee maker, games, Wifi, bath with all the bath foams etc, Jacuzzi on the balcony, very comfortable beds, lovely big dressing room separate from the bathroom/vanity room - shower rose is enormous and has different settings for different sprays of water etc so its like standing in a rain shower..Ipod docking station, comfy couch & coffee table, the only thing we requested was an iron and ironing board which they left with us for the week.

Take advantage of the 'Dining by Design' normally a table on the decking by the beach, but on the night we booked they were holding a full moon party there so we had ours in the penthouse with a waiter and waitress and it was beautiful. You can bring your own wine and pay corkage so the Dining by Design was about AU$60 per person for 3 gorgeous courses - we opted for one seafood and one meat menu so we shared everything. Well worth the money.

The Hotel is also right next door to Chez Gado Gado and very close to all the restaurants in Seminyak - we went to Metis, Sarong, Chez Gado Gado, Rumours, Gosha this visit (I've done review on all of these restaurants) but also close to Chandi, Ultimo - all the popular restaurants in Seminyak. You can walk to the Bintang supermarket from the Anantara and there are also some smaller supermarkets closer. We also spent a lot of time in Spa Bali (see my review) which is in the same street. There is a laundry just down the road on Jalan Drupadi. Taxi's a readily available in the street just down from the Anantara and there are a multitude of fantastic shops everywhere on Jalan Raya Seminyak. There are DVD shops and cheap eat restaurants along Jalan Dyhana Pura.

The sand is grey volcanic sand down this end but the beach is still lovely. Try a cocktail along the beach to the left of the Anantara at La Plancha Bar - gorgeous! Or take a driver to Echo Beach Beach House restaurant on a Sunday Night (can't book, so get there about 4.30pm) and watch the sun go down.
This is not a cheap hotel by any stretch of the imagination but so well worth the money! I would not hesitate to go to this Hotel next visit to Bali, the staff are wonderful (special mention to Ariy) Even sending a security guard and a staff representative with us (in a hotel car) to do a police report for a lost mobile phone. Excellent!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank collecting-info

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (339)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Cuenca, Ecuador
Reviewed 5 January 2012

This small lovely property is one you must stay at, because of the way you are treated. The whole staff takes great pleasure in pleasing you, and that makes you feel very special. I own a travel agency and I'm always looking for the perfect place for my clients to enjoy and this resosrt will be on the top of my list.

Arriving near midnight after almost 30 hours of traveling, I was just excited just to crawl into any bed. But, I found my large suite and king bed wonderful. This resort only has 68 suites to offer their guests and one breath-taking President's Suite. I found my regular suite to be large, very comfortable and well appointed. The king bed was very comfortable and I had a great view of the beach just off my balcony. This resort does the little things like, free WiFi in your room and easy connection, a breakfast that is order off the menu - l hate buffet lines.

I would return to this hotel upon my next visit to Bali without hesitation. I just hated to leave.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
New York City, New York
Reviewed 4 January 2012

I visited this hotel with a friend in January, and I have to say the rooms are spectacular (even with a jacuzzi on the terrace - amazing). The views of the water from the grounds, including the restaurant and bar, are breathtaking. It feels like they've really thought of everything when it comes to luxury and quality.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank dina k
Jakarta
Reviewed 2 January 2012

This month i stayed twice in anantara seminyak Bali, the first is on the 18 of dec. I was there with my partner and my son. We all so happy with the experienced to stayed in this hotel,specially thanks to all the staff for the greates service to us, very friendly and the kindness when we stayed there. The room very nice and modern. the best things about the room equipment are the bed and jacuzy is right in the balcony and facing the beach. In the evening we had dinner in one of their restaurant (wild orchid), at that time they have barberque dinner. The food was amazing lot of Seafood and Indonesian condiment, like many kind of Indonesian vegetables, and the dessert as well are great. We found great experienced here and its very difficult to find in the other hotel in bali.
Our second times stayed is on the 31 dec, our purpose to choosed this hotel cos we want to celebrate the new years eve here, with dinner and the party at this hotel with our friends. Because as we known, Bali will be so hectic specially on the new year season. Then we made decision just to stay here for 2 days and safe from the traffic of Bali. Same like our 1st experienced, even though it was the busies day but yet the hotel still impressed us. We still get The warm service from the staff, the great food for new years eve dinner at wild orchid ( its a buffet style but the food are amazing). For the countdown we went upstairs they have rooftop bar it called SOS, here we had blast.. We watched fireworks from every side of this hotel, non stop for about 20 minutes. We left this hotel without any less and unsatisfied feeling, and definitely we will back very soon. Thank you so much anantara.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank PrincessDarlene
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed 1 January 2012

Ok so we didn't stay here at Anantara however we went there to spend our anniversary for dinner and drinks. I had researched this place before we left because it had a roof top bar and a dining by design. We only or should I say my fiancee decided on the day to book here for dinner. We went to the rooftop bar to watch the sunset and have cocktails. Such a perfect place with lots of big lounges to lay around on and right on the beach in the perfect spot to watch the sunset. Cocktails were good and the service was great we were given warms nuts, olives to munch on and were topped up as soon as they were finished. We then headed down to the restaurant for a special dinner which my partner had organised...they set up a table right down near the beach with rose petals in hearts and had our own waiter for the night and a 3 course meal each which we eather chose meat, seafood or chicken. I had the seafood and my partner had the meat.....all was fantastic including the dessert. This is of course their dining by design menu which is probably a little more expensive than what you would pay for in the restaurant...I think the total bill was $330 AUD which included our 3 course meal and drinks that we were having, a bottle of red and I was drinking cocktails. This was going to be the spot my partner proposed to but decided to wait until we got back to the Villa. I will upload the photos just to show how much effort this wonderful resort went to for our special night. The resort itself looked really nice and being right on the beach would have been a bonus.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bree M
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 29 December 2011

I staid at my favorite hotel in Bali for the forth time already (Dezember 11) and again loved every aspect about this hotel. Seminyak, with its great offer of shops, restaurants and trendy bars, is the place to be and the hotel is right there in walking distance, perfectly located and directly on the beach. The oversized suites offer great space. You don't want to leave your stylish room, but enjoy listening some music over the Bose soundsystem or go online while sitting on the comfy bed (they even offer Ipods upon check-in!). With a relatively small number of rooms (60) the hotel offers a very personalized service. And if you miss your included breakfast you can still get it "a la carte" later! The SOS Supper Club is among Bali's trendiest places and is right on the rooftop of the hotel.

Room Tip: With the sunset on that side and full seaview pay the extra for a seaview room!
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 28 December 2011

We arrived at the hotel around Dec 22 4pm and was told our room was not available for another 20 to 30 min. We then asked for to be given another room on a higher floor, it was rejected at first, but after a couple rounds of negotiations, we were able to get a room on a higher floor. The front of the hotel looks a bit shabby and tired, minimal check in and concierge desks but the staff were friendly enough.

Advise to stay here for the rooms, but go somewhere else (e.g. the Breeze at the Samaya) for good quality food. The breakfast menu was a bit blend, bacon overcooked, and the sausages tasted funny.

The pool is quite small - it feels crowded if you have more than 3 people in it. And its located at the front where the dining area is - so don't expect much privacy.

Rooms are quite spacious and nice, except for the toilet, there was a faint smell and didn't always flushed probably. Staff are quite friendly but quite hard sell on the Christmas Eve/Christmas dinners. They were not too well trained when we asked for more information on the holiday dinners. The lady at the Concierge didn't really know the difference between a set dinner and a buffet, we were quite confused as we were given the wrong pricing information in the beginning, it was all a rather frustrating experience, we ended up having Christmas dinner somewhere else. Would rather pay a bit more to walk across to Gado Gado.

it's a great place if you spend a lot of time in your hotel room. The library and gift shop are quite minimum. Pool is quite small compare to other hotels in the strip.

Room Tip: Call in advance to request a higher floor
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
IvanBali, General Manager at Anantara Seminyak Bali Resort, responded to this review, 1 January 2012
Dear Anantara Guest,

Greetings from Seminyak, Bali and thank you for staying with us recently. Following your review posted recently, we would like to thank you for your time and energy since our guests' perspective is very important to us and so is your constructive feedback, for our team as well as for readers and visitors from all around the world alike. We are very glad to count on your valuable comments in order to take immediate action and follow up where necessary in order to continue improving our guests' experiences.

Thank you for sharing your positive comments about our accommodation remarking that our suites are great and spacious as well as your preference for a higher floor to enjoy better views of the Indian Ocean. We also noted your kind compliments about the friendliness of our team members, it is of course very much appreciated as we believe our team is the resort’s biggest asset and I shall share your feedback accordingly.

On the other hand, it is with deep personal regret that you did not particularly enjoy the ‘boutique’ feel of our resort being of smaller size than other hotels available on the island; whilst it is true that our main swimming pool is a bit small in size, although long in length and fantastic for long laps, and as you mentioned, our library and gift shop are quite minimum, despite offering a wide range of services throughout the day, the majority of our customers do appreciate the coziness of our resort as well as the personalized service provided by our group of talents, always attentive and prepared to assist for any request turning a good stay into a memorable experience. In this regard, I would like to add that your feedback on our team not being well trained comes as a huge surprise as it is usually the most complimented area by far and if I may add, fills me personally with high pride and recognition as it is the software of a resort which clearly makes the difference for an enjoyable stay. In any case, I would like to respectfully apologize on behalf of my team if at some point my team did not meet your expectations and thanks for your feedback, I shall personally ensure we continue raising the bar in this aspect and much appreciate your consideration to give us all another chance going forward.

Once again, thank you for sharing your point of view with our readers, I am personally sorry we were not able to please you entirely and my team and I will continue working hard in our efforts to please every Anantara customer so should you decide to give us a second opportunity to make an Anantara first impression, I am confident we would be able to get it much better! As usual, please feel free to contact me at icasadevall@anantara.com, I am always available for any queries and very happy to assist.

Thank you for your attention and we look forward to continue bringing more and more guests to Bali, the Island of Gods!

With kind regards,