“Recommended!”

Anantara Seminyak Bali Resort
Ranked #49 of 143 Hotels in Seminyak
“Recommended!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2012

Booked 7 nights at this hotel, have to say I can see why there's mixed reviews about it. On the plus side, it's clean, in a good location, staff are very friendly...stacks up on all you'd expect it to. On the downside it's really expensive, which is par for the course for most good hotels in the area. I think people who have given a bad review are a little tender about the cost relative to what they've paid elsewhere. If you're coming to Seminyak and staying in a good hotel you'll need to bite the bullet, understand it's expensive and get on with enjoying what is a great stay. Rooms a huge with great ocean views and outdoor jacuzzis, there's a turndown service each night, complimentary water at the pool etc. There's also security at the pool beach area which provides great peace of mind. Overall pricey but seems you get what you pay for in the area.

Room Tip: Ocean views are spectacular
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank PhDal

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (333)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Coventry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

Please try and stay in this Hotel especially the room or should I say suite showing, it was beautiful but most of all it felt like home and the staff are fantastic could not do enough for you but really cared for your well being. The memories will stay with me forever and I will definately return. It has everything you would want from a holiday. Definately experience the traditional dance and open aired theatre.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank deborah l
Perth, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Anantara for a few nights last year after staying at another resort we decided to pay the extra money for a few nights of "luxury". However from when we first arrived we were really disappointed. The property itself is quite small, and we were disappointed because the pictures on the website made the grounds look so much larger than they were. The pool was really really small and the lawn around it was tiny, it was right next to the restaurant as well which we didn't like - you had to walk through it to get to the pool. I definately wouldn't call it a resort, more like a small hotel.

The lady who took us to our room spoke very fast and although I realise we were in Bali where English is not a first language, we couldn't understand what she was saying.

The actual room itself was lovely, the bathroom was great - if the room was in another resort it would be fantastic. But there were little things that were lacking that we wouldn't have expected from an expensive resort. The coffee machine didn't work on the first day, so we called maintenance who came very fast and fixed it. But then after they'd left I looked in the fridge and there was no milk. I gave up on the coffee and went to have a bath. The bath gel container was empty, only little things I know but it didn't create a very good first impression.

The balcony door was really hard to open and the spa on the balcony was not very comfortable or private. There was also a mosquito coil in the cupboard which was broken when we went to use it.

However the main thing that made our stay unenjoyable was the loud music playing until around 1am one night which kept us awake. Certainly wasn't the relaxing holiday we were hoping for.

The SOS bar itself is fantastic, great drinks and snacks, but they really need to do something about controlling the noise for the hotel guests. I'd go back to the SOS bar but not to stay at Anantara.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank AliCatPerth
IvanBali, General Manager at Anantara Seminyak Bali Resort, responded to this review, 10 April 2012
Dear Anantara Guest,

Greetings from Seminyak, Bali and thank you for staying with us sometime last year. Following your review posted a few days ago, we would like to thank you for your time and energy since our guests' perspective is very important to us and so is your constructive feedback for everyone alike, our team as well as for readers and visitors from all around the world.

Thank you for sharing your positive comments about our lovely and exclusive suites, especially the great bathroom, we are pleased you enjoyed the rooms’ experience of our property and we also noted your kind compliments on our SOS Supper Club being fantastic, offering a great range and quality of drinks and snacks, which is of course very much appreciated and I will be delighted to shall share your feedback with my team accordingly.

On the other hand, it is with deep regret that we have acknowledged your comments about the resort facilities as well as the sound disturbance coming from our SOS Supper Club lounge during your stay; with this in mind I would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused. Actually, whilst it is true that our resort is smaller than other resorts in Bali, it has to be mentioned that it is specifically the ‘boutique feel’ of our resort which attracts most of our regular guests to return over and over again, as well as allows us to run a very personalized and flawless service throughout the property. In particular and with regards to the small problems happening in your suite, I would certainly agree that these little details usually make the overall experience to be either magical or just average and in this aspect, I would like to apologize for the series of unfortunate malfunctioning issues you encountered; in such cases, I would always encourage to communicate with our concierge team immediately for possible repair or immediate replacement. I would like to emphasize as well that our Housekeeping service is generally impeccable, providing very exclusive amenities, luxury hidden touches like nowhere else, personalized bedtime stories, amongst other small discoveries, etc. so our most sincere apologies once again for not spotting these issues before you did.

With regards to the SOS noise disturbance, please be informed that we have currently made several improvements to the rooftop venue which has proved to be successful in minimizing sound levels while still creating an enjoyable atmosphere and experience for our guests and in addition, we have decided to reduce our late DJ sessions dramatically and focus more into our popular chill-out sunset journeys as well as our well regarded rooftop dining experience. In any case, should there have been a scenario during your stay sometime last year, where noise levels were beyond the average for a very specific and extraordinary event, we would like to apologize for this matter and seek for your kind understanding as we formally advise guests in advance and we are always keen to provide options to move to a quieter area of the resort should a request arise; guests’ feedback during the stay is always welcome to give our team the chance to react and provide alternative solutions.

Thank you once again for sharing your point of view with our readers, I am personally sorry we were not able to please you entirely and my team and I will continue working hard in our efforts to please every Anantara customer; should you decide to give us a second opportunity to make a first impression, I am confident we would be able to provide you a truly Anantara Seminyak flawless, peaceful and quiet experience! As usual, please feel free to contact me at icasadevall@anantara.com, I am always available for any queries and happy to assist.

Thank you for your attention and we look forward to continue bringing more and more guests to Bali, the Island of Gods!

With kind regards,

Ivan Casadevall
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2012

I had a fantastic stay at anantara seminyak!
I am in my late 20's and travelled here with my mother. we both had an absolutely lovely experience here. I would recommend this place for any one whose after a relaxing and beautiful resort. If your looking for a resort to party in- this is not for you.
staff were WONDERFUL!!! so helpful and always greeted you with a genuine smile. breakfast is great- loved how you had the buffet but yet you could also order items from the menu.
I had to see a Dr while I was in Bali staff organised for my appointment. Also we were offered a shower room as we had to check out early, but our flight wasnt till later at night- they did this without us having to ask for anything!!
The SOS bar on teh 4th floor is lovely. they were having a magazine launch there and bc we were guests of the hotel we were also invited- free unlimited alcohol and food!!! wow!!
Its bit pricy for Bali, but the quality of the service is great!!! def worth it! I would recommend it!!! stayed there for a week and I was sad to say good bye.
hints:-
- if you want a tour, theres a taxi stop right outside the hotel. u can easily approach them and get a private tour to where ever you want. but u have to bargain bargain bargain!!! expect to pay $60 for a whole day tour (although I think it can be cheaper, we were just not too good with our bargaining skills)
- pay a visit to the SOS bar on 4th floor and to potato head. great cocktail at potato head. ku de ta for dinner is worthwhile also
- many nice bars/rest in the area!
- take a walk on the beach at night- theres little bars/shacks set up on the beach for drinks which is nice

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank gsydaust
Sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2012

Service is the word that keeps coming back to me every time I think of our holiday at Anantara.
From the warm and friendly reception at check in, it was all the little touches, like a surprise cake and conga line of staff at breakfast singing Happy Birthday to my partner who was suitably embarrassed! (he doesn't know it but I never asked them - must have got the date off his passport!)
Our suite was always immaculate, great poolside friendly service, and a 'special price' fantastic Birthday spa treatment at the rooftop spa!
Will definitely be back

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank MickeyTraveller
Gold Coast
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2012

Anantara is your home away from home when in Bali. This is our second visit to this resort and we would definitely return. The staff are wonderful from greeting you by name, showing a genuine interest in your holiday to welcoming you "home" every time you return from your day out.

Rooms: beautiful large suites with a lovely Balinese feel. Very romantic rooms with plenty of room and a wonderful balcony with spa overlooking Seminyak beach. It is a must to get an ocean suite as the Amantara suites do not offer this incredible view. All mod cons in the room including coffee machine, flat screen TV with cable channels, DVD player, iPod dock, spa on the balcony, walk in robe and the most luxurious amenities. You won't be disappointed with your suite, they are WOW.

Resort: if you like small, boutique style resorts then Anantara is the perfect choice. There are about 54 rooms which gives it a lovely intimate feeling. There is no kids club and although they do allow children at the resort, on both our trips there has only been one or two so perfect if you are looking for a relaxed and peaceful getaway. The pool is a gorgeous infinity edge pool overlooking Seminyak beach. There are plenty of double day beds and umbrellas so no fighting for lounges here. Whilst at the pool, magazines, sunscreen and water are offered as well as food and beverage service. Anantara also has a gym, spa with some great specials and they can also offer yoga at an additional charge (a yoga mat is in all rooms). There is also a shuttle once a day to and from Kuta however if the times are not suitable it is only about $4 in a taxi. Wifi is offered free of charge throughout the resort. There is also a boutique with some fantastic gifts and most of the products used within the resort. In the boutique you will find the DVD and book library as well as a computer. Anantara is in a fantastic location between Gado Gado restaurant and the Royal Beach Resort (formerly the Sofitel). Easy to walk everywhere including Bodyworks, La Lucciola and Ku De Ta.

Restaurants and bars: breakfast is served overlooking the pool and beach in the main restaurant. A continental buffet is offered as well as a menu for a cooked to order hot breakfast including all your Western and Asian favorites. The restaurant, Wild Orchid, is also open for lunch but if you don't want to leave the pool you can choose from the pool bar menu or the full restaurant menu. For afternoon sunset cocktails you can't go past the SOS bar on the roof. Beautiful big day beds to relax and enjoy the sunset and lovely cocktails. You can't beat the lychee mojito. You can also enjoy dinner in the perfect setting. Wild Orchid is also open for dinner nightly with the menu also being offered through room service.

Love holidaying at Anantara and can't wait to return.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rlh
Hong Kong
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2012

The hotel is located at a cosy bay in Seminyak, away from but in close enough proximity to most of the hustle of the tourist hotspots. The hotel looks very nice, and the rooms were spacious with lots of nice features, but there were a few cleanliness and maintenance issues. The facilities seem great - such as multiple pools, and a great breakfast / dinner restaurant, as well as an awesome bar, but I had this nagging feeling that the hotel was really a 3-3.5 star hotel masquerading as 4-5 star one.

+++:
Rooms: To be honest, I was a little ambivalent whether to rate the rooms as a positive, but decided that the size and facilities within the room deserved mention. Huge couch and coffee table, coffee maker, nice big table, LCD TV, huge bathroom with separate shower and bathtub, balcony overlooking the beach along with outdoor bathtub, as well as a low king-sized bed. However, minor negatives included the design of the low bed being a little dangerous and easy to trip over, as well as the outdoor bathtub not giving any privacy.

Service: Service overall was impeccable. Staff was always smiling and seemed sincere. Most problems were taken care off promptly.

Breakfast: Absolutely loved breakfast every morning! A great number of dishes to choose from the buffet and a la carte menu. The croque madam was fantastic, as were the local Indonesian fare.

Bar: Great bar on the roof of the hotel overlooking the beach. Drinks were a little overpriced (as would be expected), but the atmosphere makes up for it. The juxtaposition of the serenity of waves crashing on the beach and the club music pumping made a great companion to sipping scotch and smoking a cigar.

Free wifi: Yay!

---:
Cleanliness: The first night, as I crawled into bed, I found a huge stain on my blanket sheets. It was not just a small stain, or me over-reacting. It looked like somebody sat on the bed without cleaning after relieving him or herself in the bathroom. It was very, very, very disgusting. This was at 11:00pm, and it took housekeeping over half an hour to change it, which left me feeling a little angry by the end of it. Also, towels seemed to not be changed as often as I’d like; even though I’d put them in the bathtub, housekeeping seemed to re-hang them up anyways. Finally, the huge couch had stains here and there, which was very off-putting

Maintenance: The sliding window/door that opened to the balcony could not be closed fully, which meant that bugs could get in, there was no protection for my ears from the very loud wind.

Value: The price of US$400 a night including taxes seemed a little steep for the experience. Perhaps it was the unfortunate issues that only affected my room, but I would expect quite a bit more for that price, especially in Bali.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends