“LOVE IT!! - SO WILL YOU” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Anantara Seminyak Bali Resort

Anantara Seminyak Bali Resort
Ranked #47 of 142 Hotels in Seminyak
Hornbaek, Denmark
“LOVE IT!! - SO WILL YOU”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

Currently sitting at the Anantara sipping a cold drink over looking the pool and ocean.
This hotel is a haven with a perfect location in Seminyak where you have a fairly peaceful beach (nice sand and good waves) as well as a lot of shops and restaurants nearby.
The service level is very high in the restaurants and bars and everybody is very friendly and helpful. After a busy day out and about on the island it is like coming home when you enter this property....
Our room is wonderful overlooking the ocean and beach. You will see the most amazing sunsets from these rooms - all whilst playing Kahlaha in your outside stone bath tub on the balcony!!! Amazing! The room is large, well maintained and with all the facilities you expect. We in particular enjoy the BOSE system as well as being able to play music from our Iphones..
The cleaners are also doing a very good job in keeping our room clean in the morning and again with the turning down service in the evening...
The swimmingpool is with great views of the beach and the pool boys extremely service minded. A special thank you to Dewa - he looked after us every day around the pool and it's so nice to see how happy he was in his job... He is a big asset to Anantara with his kind and happy personality and very high service level!
All in all a great hotel that ticked al the boxes for us. Now there is just one problem - We have two favorite Anantara properties: One in Bophut, Koh Samui and one here in Bali...We look forward to coming back soon :-)

Room Tip: Pick a ocean view room for total amazing views and more privacy.
1 Thank Danishfoodie1980

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (333)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2012

Well worth your time visiting this hotel spa, perfectly set for sun and sundowns
The rooms are top quality and feel at home, wifi cable working fine, nice comfy furniture bed, pillows, and spoilt for shower bath jacuzzi, foods well choiced, very options are plentiful
Staff management are really friendly and are there for your queries or needs, very big room spacious and feel very much at home, pool sun beds and sundown drinks are perfect,
I came here for a break to gt away from city urban life, and wanted to chill relax, I did that !
Well equipped gym Massages each day pool sunbathing and healthy foods
Thank you to the staff thank you to the management, I am sure going to recommend you, your 5 star place and 5 star staff are worth revisiting

Room Tip: Simple ask if they have a sea view room, there's a jacuzzi outside while you watch sundown :-)
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2012

From the moment we arrived we were made to feel so welcome by the staff. We were taken to our beach view room and were very pleased with all the space and little complementary items to make our stay even better. For example there was a big sketch book and colored pencils for our daughter to use. The service was excellent, the staff intelligent and able to communicate, unlike some places were the language barrier can creat much confusion. The breakfasts were very good but nothing more than you would expect for a 5 star experience. I used the gym every morning and it was clean, well stocked and had a lovely outlook with the sun rising and overlooking a tree canopy. We had an evening meal at the rooftop SOS bar and that was good. It is a beautiful spot to wind down at the end of the day. We went a second time one sunset to hear international DJ's to hear great tunes.

Alround I give it a good wrap. If you like smaller boutique style hotels check this one out.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jac N
Erskine Park
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2012

My partner and I have just returned from the Anantara, and we wished we could have stayed longer. My partner shed a tear at having to leave. The entire experience, from the time we walked up the stairs, to the time we walked out, was one of pure enjoyment. The room was fantastic, straight into a pool, food was the best I've had in any of the restaurants I've eaten in. Fresh, well presented, and adequate for even a big eater like myself. We've stayed at a lot of hotels/resorts, and this was the most complete and genuine service experience that we have had. A lot of places aspire to a high level of service, the Anantara Seminyak reach and maintain that level. The staff always have a smile for you, wether it's 10:00am or 3:00am, when your stumbling in...The quality inclusions and the location make this resort a must stay for anyone going to Seminyak. I looked at others, and I'm glad I chose the Anantara.

Room Tip: Depending on what your looking for, but we found being able to walk out of the room, past the jacuzz...
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

I just enjoyed two nights at Anatara Seminyak during a work trip to Bali. My suite was huge, and overlooking the beach which was very nice. I sat on my day bed watching local kids playing soccer on the beach as the sun went down with a beer from the minibar. The staff were fabulous, the food was excellent, and the bed was very comfortable.

I especially enjoyed my dinner at the rooftop restaurant. I need to go back just to try the rest of the menu.

The price is comparible to other hotels of that standard across Asia and the Pacific. There are cheaper Bali hotels, but they are not as nice.

I like the that it is only 60 suites. The massive resorts in Bali are too big. Who wants to fight for a place by the pool, or share the lift with a tour group? Anantara has everything I needed from a hotel, and then some.

I will be back.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
New York, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2012

I stayed here with a friend for 3 nights and it was the BEST experience. The hotel staff was extremely warm, welcoming, and amenable. They arrange all of your taxi drives and will book activities for you..the only thing I wished for was a more knowledgable concierge, but if you go to Bali knowing what you want to see, they will set you up with the right people. I'm DEFINITELY coming back to Bali one day and staying here again - and I HIGHLY, HIGHLY recommend everyone who goes to stay here!!! Gorgeous views, amazing buffet breakfast, it's right by the beach.... 5 stars!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank hhj259
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

Let me start off by saying that Anantara Seminyak is good - if you stay here, I don't think there's anything that I would point out that was "bad" here. It just falls short of expectations ultimately given the price paid.

The service here was second to none, the staff was wonderful. We checked in at around 10:30 AM on Saturday. We had a wedding to go to so we wouldn't be able to enjoy the facilities till Sunday ultimately. Staff took our luggage and allowed us to store some things in the hotel safe. They were most helpful here.

When we returned at about 10 or 11 PM, they were already expecting us and gladly showed us up to our room where our luggage was already put in place. Excellent. Room was impressive and MASSIVE. Very well appointed. One thing I did like was the amenities, they truly thought of everything. 4 different types of soap, I noticed they even had some boardgames by the TV. Earplugs and eye-shades were also there. Awesome. There were some amenity boxes next to the sinks that they had especially set up for "his" and "her" toiletries, that was a very nice touch. And even in the toilet room, there were some reading materials - perfect.

The bed was most comfortable and I slept pretty good. The outdoor Jacuzzi was a nice touch and we enjoyed taking a quick dip in there after a long day Saturday of jetting around the island.

However, as is typical with a lot of nice places in Bali - construction quality was an issue. For starters, There was a bench in the toilet that was coming unglued from the wall. Given that it only had support on one leg as it was "mounted" to the wall, I am guessing someone tried to sit on the part that was "floating". Yeah, this isn't a sitting bench its more a bench to put a towel. So the caulk and glue was not doing the trick for this. I can tell you, all 100KG of me if I sat on it would have caused this to come undone!

Additionally, we had zero bath towels in the room when we got there. Called down, they actually called back and asked us to check and look for them (trust me people, I looked everywhere). They did eventually come with the towels.

The shower in the bathroom was impressive - a couple of radial dials, rain shower-head in the ceiling. Couldn't get any hot water Saturday night (assume that was because we had just filled up the jacuzzi with hot water instead and ran out perhaps?) and had a hell of a time trying to operate that contraption. The shower is HUGE though, you could perform a Broadway musical in that thing. Forget singing in the shower, more like performing in the shower!

We did find the bathroom a bit grimy; it wasn't dirty per-say but lots of water stains on the sink and tub area. Just a nice gentle wipe down would take care of this I think.

Slept pretty good Saturday night. The earplugs and eye shades are definitely necessary, simply because 1) one of the pools was right outside our balcony; one of Anantara's and then also the resort next door. Even on the 4th floor, it can be pretty loud if you have some kids splashing around and screaming from the resort next door which was the case. Plus, the balcony doors don't really block out sound. 2) I believe the gym was right above us; we had a couple of loud thuds that woke us up around 8 or 9 - presumably from someone doing weightlifting and dropping some weights on the floor.

I was able to procure a late checkout for Sunday which was great. Again, the service here gets top marks; I can overlook the staff calling back asking me to check for towels in the bathroom which I think is a bit unnecessary but I am sure they were just doing their job.

We ate lunch down pool-side at the restaurant. Quite good food, can't complain about the food here. Check-out was easy, and they were able to help arrange a car for me to pick me up at Potato Head later in the evening to take me to the airport.

So overall, good time.

BUT, there are some downsides and things that did not live up to our expectations. For the price paid (roughly $400 USD), I think you can do way better in Bali. Anantara Seminyak is certainly not an expansive resort - if you are looking for a resort with vast grounds and lush gardens to walk around, you won't get that here. The resort I would say is "wedged" in between the beach and another, larger resort that seemed to wrap around the back and left side of Anantara. So the actual property and footprint of the resort is quite small in the grand scheme of things. It is located beachfront, which is good, but because it is on a public beach with other beach goers, you won't get that exclusive feeling of having a private part of the beach - not saying that we expected this or that anyone should expect this because you will be hard pressed to find this just about anywhere in Bali. But we just were expecting a lot more from the place ultimately. We would be willing to give it another try, but for the price paid, I think you can do way better in Bali (like the new Anantara up near Uluwatu potentially). Anantara has a great reputation and I am definitely a fan of them, but this Anantara just missed the mark a bit.

You do have to check out SOS Supper Club on top though; great sunset views and its a nice facility.

• 2 of 5 bubbles