We have recently returned from our honeymoon where we stayed for two weeks at the Anantara in Seminyak. We were upgraded to an ocean view room - what a beautiful view from the balcony and a great place to sit in the jacuzzi watching the sun go down with a glass of champagne. The hotel also gave us 2 x 90 minute massages as a special treat and a further two 30 minute massages in our room. Amazing, and so relaxing!
We loved the boutique nature of the hotel - only 60 rooms in total, and they were only at half capacity when we were there, so there were almost as many staff as guests. Which brings me on to service - the staff at the Anantara are amazing, they are unfailingly polite and friendly, providing excellent service, whilst also being discrete - a rare combination.
The pool is great - stunning infinity pool overlooking the ocean. The sun beds are great - double sunloungers are a first for me. Free water at the pool is a great bonus. Made and Dewa are great poolboys. Free tapas and afternoon cocktails are another really nice touch.
We ate a fair bit at the hotel. Breakfast is excellent, Wild Orchid is good for lunch, if a little on the expensive side (there are better options if you're prepared to walk 5-10 minutes up the road) and the restaurant is also good in the evenings. The themed evenings are very nice, although again, quite expensive - although as they are buffets you can definitely get your money's worth! The SOS Dinner Club on the top floor is great fun - we had a great steak there one evening, and then had tapas and cocktails on the beds another evening whilst watching the sun go down. Great views and a great ambience up there - just a shame it wasn't busier to have a better vibe.
All in all, we had the most amazing, relaxing stay at the Anantara. The staff could not do enough to ensure we had a great time. We will certainly try and go back - it's just quite a long way from London!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Anantara's all-suite Bali resort at Seminyak offers a distinctly contemporary design approach blended with Balinese and Indonesian culture, ocean views, expansive balconies and Anantara's inimitable Jacuzzi terrazzo bath tubs big enough for two. Our all-suite resort amenities range from the glorious rooftop lounge SOS Supper Club and rooftop Anantara Spa to one infinity edge swimming pool staring out upon the Indian Ocean. Anantara Seminyak Bali Resort matches its elegant approach to travel with one of the most upmarket locations in Indonesia, containing chic restaurants and cafes, trendy nightlife and internationally renowned shopping opportunities. With nearby historical charms and our Bali hotel's fastidious approach to both design and facilities, Anantara Seminyak Bali Resort provides an unforgettable accommodation experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, LateRooms, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Anantara Seminyak Bali Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Seminyak Resort & Spa, Bali Hotel Seminyak
- Anantara Seminyak Resort And Spa, Bali
- Anantara Hotel Seminyak
- Anantara Seminyak Hotel Bali
- Anantara Seminyak Bali Resort