Spent a few nights at the Anantara Seminyak in January 2014 and being our first Anantara stay, I am happy to report that we had a great experience.
The service is top notch and is on par with some of the higher-end properties I have experienced elsewhere in South East Asisa (e.g. Ritz-Carlton's and SPG Luxury Collection.).
The property itself is fairly small and has been designed to maximise the sea frontage. Hence there is no spralling driveway or garden's which make for a slightly underwhelming first impression and perhaps diminish the feel of the property. While parts of the property do seem to need some updating (paintwork at the humid coast is always a problem), I did not feel that the rooms were tired as some reviewers have suggested.
We had a pool access suite - do go for the ''sea facing'' pool suites if possible (which don't have a clear sea view due to an inclined slope but which are much better then the rear facing pool suites which don't appear to have any price difference). The suite is spacious and is well furnished. Since the beach is not a great swimming beach, the pool access suites are well worth considering for the convenience, despite the somewhat obstructed views.
A special mention must be made of the breakfast which is easily amongst the best hotel breakfasts you will ever find. A great and varied a la carte menu in addition to the normal buffet. You need atleast a week to sample all the options. Top marks to Anantara!
The location is not bad, but I would not describe it as ''Seminyak proper'' as it is not walking distance from the hustle and bustle of the entertainment areas of Seminyak (and where most other Seminyak hotels are located) which is about 10 minutes away by car.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Anantara's all-suite Bali resort at Seminyak offers a distinctly contemporary design approach blended with Balinese and Indonesian culture, ocean views, expansive balconies and Anantara's inimitable Jacuzzi terrazzo bath tubs big enough for two. Our all-suite resort amenities range from the glorious rooftop lounge SOS Supper Club and rooftop Anantara Spa to one infinity edge swimming pool staring out upon the Indian Ocean. Anantara Seminyak Bali Resort matches its elegant approach to travel with one of the most upmarket locations in Indonesia, containing chic restaurants and cafes, trendy nightlife and internationally renowned shopping opportunities. With nearby historical charms and our Bali hotel's fastidious approach to both design and facilities, Anantara Seminyak Bali Resort provides an unforgettable accommodation experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, TravelUp, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HRS so you can book your Anantara Seminyak Bali Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Seminyak Resort & Spa, Bali Hotel Seminyak
- Anantara Seminyak Resort And Spa, Bali
- Anantara Hotel Seminyak
- Anantara Seminyak Hotel Bali
- Anantara Seminyak Bali Resort