“NIght club on the roof, unable to sleep”

Anantara Seminyak Bali Resort
Ranked #53 of 148 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed 11 July 2010

This hotel is false advertising at its best!. Guests should be warned that the rooftop nightclub will be pumping loud music through the walls until 2am a few nights every week. Once you check in, management do not care if you cannot sleep. It is totally ridiculous.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank decadenttravellers
IvanBali, General Manager at Anantara Seminyak Bali Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2010

Dear Anantara Guest,

Greetings from Seminyak, Bali and thank you for staying with us recently. The team and I are grateful to receive your comments and we would like to thank you for your efforts into posting this review, our guests' perspective is very important to us and we have taken on board your remarks.

In particular we have noted your positive ratings regarding our suites and the cleanliness of the overall resort and we hope that every other aspect about your stay not mentioned in your short contribution above was up to your expectations.

On the other hand, it is with deep regret that we have acknowledged your comments about sound disturbance coming from our SOS rooftop lounge during your stay. With this in mind I would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused. Currently we have made several improvements to the rooftop venue which has proved to be successful in minimizing sound levels while still creating an enjoyable atmosphere and experience for our guests. SOS offers a series of late DJ sessions on a regular basis and this factor has always been under control and very much appreciated by our patrons nevertheless, it does seem that during your stay with us, our venue would have hosted a specific range of special events where perhaps the noise levels were beyond the average and again, we would like to apologize for this matter and seek for your kind understanding as we formally advise guests in advance and we are always keen to provide options to move to a quieter area of the resort should a request arise.

It is our aim to ensure that our rooftop lounge concept can successfully operate to provide both resort guests and other visitors to Seminyak and Bali with a high quality lounge venue where guests can choose to either soak in a stunning Seminyak sunset, enjoy a dinner in our rooftop grill restaurant or enjoy an evening cocktail after dinner whilst listening to a variety of music entertainment without disturbing the indulging romantic experience that the stylish Suites at Anantara Seminyak continue to be renowned for.

Thank you once again for sharing your point of view with our readers, I am personally sorry we were not able to please you entirely and my team and I will continue working hard in our efforts to please every Anantara customer and ensure that everyone feels our passion and dedication for our job and if you give us a second opportunity to make a first impression, I am confident we would be able to show you how much we all really care about our guests' experiences. I am personally sorry you did not feel this way and I would much appreciate if you could send me a separate note to icasadevall@anantara.com in order to discuss this serious matter further.

Thank you for your attention and we look forward to continue bringing more and more guests to Bali, the Island of Gods!

With kind regards,

Ivan Casadevall

Write a ReviewReviews (1,495)

Reviewed 10 July 2010

Amazing view to the surf from the bathroom to the bedroom and balcony. Customer service was outstanding from arrival through to departure. The staff from the restaurant, front desk, to the pool are terriific.The staff made sure they learnt our names and called us Mrs Sarah and Mr Geoff. PS didn't have to fight for a chair to laze around the pool and beach front. One last thing Yum Cha for breakfast what a hoot. We will be back.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 July 2010

We stayed at the Anantara in Seminyak for 8 nights at the start of our honeymoon and the hotel and staff were everything we expected and more during our stay.
We stayed in a Ocean view suite and the room was stunning. The room is huge with one of the biggest beds that we have ever seen. The staff delivered a small cake each to our room shortly after arrival which was a very nice touch.
The staff in the hotel could not have been more helpful and friendly, their attention to detail was consistent throughout our stay and the level of cleanliness was very high.
The food at breakfast was great and there was almost too much of a selection to choose from. The Aussie Breakfast grill is a true gut buster!!!!!
There was a number of small touches that really made the hotel special, these included:
- chocolates as part of the turn down service
- a gift from the hotel to commemerate our stay and honeymoon
- Rose petals in the bath, jacuzzi and on the bed when we arrived.

The Sunset on Seminyak bar on the roof is also excellent and its a great place to sit and have a cocktail and watch the entire Seminyak and Legain beaches.

Overall this is a fantastic hotel and we could not rate it highly enough

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 June 2010

I enjoyed my 4-night stay at the Anantara. It's a convenient 15 minute walk to the main shopping street in Seminyak, or a cheap taxi ride to the shopping and restaurant areas a bit further away. I loved having breakfast overlooking the ocean, although the black sand beach outside the resort is nothing special compared to some great beaches I've been to in Australia and Asia. Food at the restaurant was great for breakfast and dinner, especially the Thai food that is a feature of the evening menu. I was upgraded to a pool-side suite, which meant that I had direct access from my room to a semi-private pool. The suite itself was huge with lots of amenities. I particularly liked the iPod dock so I could listen to my own music in the suite.

Highlights - the room, the food, good central location in Seminyak, friendly helpful staff - nothing was too much trouble.

Things to know - the hotel building takes up just about all of the block it is built on, which means there are no hotel grounds to speak of. The only open ground in the resort is a smallish strip of grass at the front of the hotel between the swimming pool and the public beach, which includes a small temple. The rear of the hotel looks straight into the grounds of the Sofitel hotel next door. While I like resorts with lovely tropical expansive grounds, the lack of this feature at the Anantara would not prevent me from staying there again.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 June 2010

I cant say much more than the Title. If you are looking for a special place to stay - then this is it. I cannot stress strongly enough how wonderful the hotel, its location, its staff, its facilities and its attention to detail is.

I have lived in Thailand for 13 years and travel on business a lot staying in 5 star hotels. I have stayed in some of the best hotels in asia, the US and Europe. or I thought I had - until now.

This is the best Hotel I have ever stayed in - By a long shot!

We came on honeymoon and did not want to leave - EVERYTHING was perfect.

The rooms are huge - the bathrooms are idylic

My wife particularily liked that Breakfast room service was included - and without surcharge.

the attention to every detail is amazing, and each staff member has one goal in mind - making sure that your stay is flawless. They achive that goal incredably well. Thank you so much for a wonderfull honeymoon.
David and Koi

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 June 2010

The room, food, bench, etc...everything is amazing.
The thing make me can't forget this hotel, it is their service. The first day after check in, we got a small greeting card which invited us to the welcome cocktail. And we met the hotel management there, just like the family members. They just greet us by our name, after we arrived the hotel just few hour. It is really touch.
And i love the Pool. One in the front, u just sit in the pool, and watch the sunset!.The one in the back, when you would like to enjoy a moment of peace,it will be prefect!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 May 2010

My husband and I recently stayed at Anantara for 5 nights. From the moment we arrived to the moment we left I cannot say enough positive things about the hotel. I spent many hours researching many different hotels looking at various reviews and traveller photos. It gets very hard to decide where to stay but having stayed at another anantara resort we wanted experience their luxury & service once more. The ranking on trip advisor definitely doesn't reflect the experience you will have here. I can only say that perhaps this resort is ranked lower as it is more expensive than other resorts and smaller and therefore may not have had as many visitors/reviews to rank it higher but please do not let this put you off. Please read on if you like luxurious surroundings, relaxing surroundings, excellent food and quality/friendly service.
To summarise -
Bedrooms - this is an all suite hotel, some have ocean views and some don't. You pay extra for an ocean view but the interiors are the same. The suite has what must be a super kingsize bed, a gorgeous living room area. A large bathroom with separate toilet, triple shower, double sinks etc.. and a separately area for wardrobes with mirror for changing etc... There is a fully loaded ipod, a wall mounted plasma/lcd tv (which we didn't watch!) The style is browns and creams with a mix of cream tiling and dark wood furniture - very contemporary but not OTT! There is housekeeping twice a day - you can ask them to come back at any time if you happen to be in. They do a turn down service in the evening and there is cookies or chocolates left and daily fresh fruit!
Dining - Breakfast is served in the Paon and you have a buffet to which you can help yourself and also A la Carte menu which you can choose as many things as you like from - all included in the price B&B basis. The food was beautifully presented and the quality of the drinks (so many fresh juices and teas/coffees etc) was amazing the banana juice (more like a banana smoothie) & cappucino were gorgeous. The Paon was also open for lunch but we didn't eat lunch at the hotel so can only say that it must have been equally as good as the breakfast. Wild Orchid - a Thai / Italian restaurant - yes you could have from either menu or mix from both! The quality was fantastic and again the presentation second to none! The setting of Wild Orchid is beside the pool in the evening with fire bowls lit and views of the ocean - so romantic. Service was equally fantastic and any request would be accommodated. Finally we visited RGW the Rooftop Grill & Wine. Specialises in steaks which we had and it was beautiful. This restaurant is as it says on the rooftop and again you can see the ocean from here. Its right beside the SOS bar (Sunset on Seminyak) which serves beautiful snacks and drinks. Their cocktails are fantastic - a personal favourite was the Raspberry Daquiri. They also bring you nibbles with your drinks which is a nice touch. The music in the bar is great but one of the best features has to be the full size daybeds which you can lie back on whilst sipping your cocktail and looking out on the ocean!!!
The Pool - there are wonderful beds which are looked after by the wonderful pool staff who will bring you towels and a little basket which contains 2 bottles of water and a flag for you to wave so that they can see you would like to order a drink or food etc.... The staff are great and very helpful and the condition of the beds is great. The pool is small but then you're only steps to the ocean!
This hotel is contemporary, luxurious, serves beautiful quality food, staff are attentive, friendly, helpful and you cannot but have a wonderful experience. I would say this hotel/resort would suit anyone who is looking for a fairly quiet hotel experience with all of the luxuries above, on the doorstep of the ocean and very close to great shopping & nightlife if thats what you want or your own quiet oasis if you want to stay at the hotel!
I cannot recommend the hotel highly enough.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple