“Very nice resort and super helpful stuff!”
Review of ANANDA RESORT

and 1 more site!
ANANDA RESORT
Ranked #96 of 144 Hotels in Seminyak
Hanoi, Vietnam
“Very nice resort and super helpful stuff!”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We happened to be here as we didn't book a hotel before in Seminyak. I was a big surprise with fine price (40$ - as it suppose to be 45$). The receptionist is very kind, bring us to a nice suite - which the living and kitchen corner we wont use, there is a terrace to the garden. Inside it is a nice surprise with a hugee bathroom, with a bath tub and big space. The bedroom is nice, softly king size bed, flowers is also nice decoration in a room.
The pool is also very nice, we enjoyed it alot.
The next thing is after checkout, they help to keep our bags while we went to the beach. When we came back, I was asking if we could take a short shower, and the guy was very nice to give us a room to take shower without worry about anything or addtion service they will have to clean the room. So we appreciate it alot.
Finally, when we left from the bath, I forgot my watch! So bad ;( So next morning when I came back to my country, I called them, they found it. Now they will send it to me tomorrow, hopefully I will have it again. A big thanks to their kindness.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank MaiAnhVN

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Indonesian first
Perth
Reviewed 31 August 2013 via mobile

I booked here for location & price. Only $ 46 Aus a night! Beautiful gardens and big rooms. A little old but charming old Bali style bungalows. It's not 5 star but for what it is, I liked it. On Oberoi rd. Opposite Trattoria restaurant. If your on a budget, this is great value, beautiful pool & grounds.

• Stayed August 2013
5 Thank dinodissi
Sydney
Reviewed 7 October 2012

I liked Ananda, but I’ll put it this way: If your girlfriend books this resort then your safe. If you book it for your girlfriend for your special getaway, then she might not be so impressed.

I got off the plane late at night and went to my hotel in Seminyak. When I turned up they could not find my booking, then they informed me that it would cost twice the price than I had booked for. It was late so I asked them where I could find a cheap hotel in Seminyak and they suggested Ananda Resort.

I was extremely surprised at how much I enjoyed staying there. When I first arrived I was given a deluxe room for about US$70 so I booked for one night expecting it to be really bad, and it was late and I just needed a bed. They led me through some lovely traditional styled free standing villas to my villa. My villa was 2 bedroom, and you enter into the lounge room. There is a kitchen and dining room but the kitchen has no equipment in it so nothing to get excited about. I had a room downstairs off the lounge room which was lockable. The bedroom was large but the decor and furnishings were very old fashioned and the TV did not work (I didn't care as I didn't plan on spending my time watching TV). The air-con worked very well considering the size of the room. Off the bedroom was my own private courtyard, which the gardener has ignored for some time, but a peaceful place none the less. The ensuite was huge and looked newly renovated in parts, but still had a feeling of being unfinished. There was a corner spa bath but I'd rather jump in the pool, so I never used it.

Upstairs was another bedroom and ensuite but this was locked and was not rented, so I had the whole place to myself. It was such a good deal that after one night I booked for another 2 nights.

The hotel is halfway down Jalan Laksmana - opposite the famous Ultimo restaurant. Laksmana is such a busy street that I expected Ananda Resort to be very noisy, but that couldn't be further from the truth. The complex is so quiet and the pool is huge and very tranquil. I rarely say anyone else, but the staff assured me that they were booked out.

The hotel offered basic breakfasts but did not offer Lunch or dinner. This is certainly no big deal when you are surrounded by fabulous restaurants and bars. Ku De Ta and the beach are only 10mins walk away.

If tacky furnishings are going to ruin your trip then don't stay here. But if you don't mind the leopard print doona and mis-matched furniture, then this has to be the cheapest place in Seminyak. You are in the heart of all the action, it's quiet and very easy on the budget.

They have a function room next to the pool that they didn't seem to use, but if you were looking at a budget wedding or function and a cheap place for all of your friends to stay all together then this could be an option worth exploring.

Not a lot is available in this area for under $140, so to find a place that is half that price makes Seminyak accessible to budget travellers.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
8 Thank AussieCouple10
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 3 June 2012 via mobile

Seminyak is expensive. We walked around the laksmana area and were quoted up to 480/night for a room. Redic. So we were excited when we came across ananda. It's right across from the trattoria, and near everywhere you want to be. Minutes from ku de ta!

Our rate was 500,000/night. That is unheard of for this nice area. Now, the hotel is old and temperamental at times. Weird water pressure issues. Difficult lock on door. But it's got great air con, heavenly bed, and cable tv. We slept like babies here.

We spent our days at the spa, walking around shopping, eating, drinking, so we didn't hang out at the hotel much. If you are budget conscious and have a sense of humor, this is a good find. If you are wanting a luxury resort stay, do not book here. We stayed here as part of a 3 month long travel plan, so it was perfect.

Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank DallasFlysolofemme
San Francisco
Reviewed 21 June 2010

I wasn't super impressed with my stay at Ananda but it wasn't bad either. I'd say average is a good word. The staff was great, though. And the pool was great, too. Our room was big but the television only got a few local channels. But the bed was comfy.

If I was going to stay in Semenyak again (please kill me) I'd look elsewhere first but go back to Ananda if all else failed.

Also, it was pretty quiet considering it's location, so I was impressed with that. I'm mostly hard on this place because of my overall frustration with paying 400,000 IDR and not getting something somewhat backpacker-luxurious like I had hoped to find.

The had internet but only in the restaurant at the front near the lobby (not in the rooms).

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Jurong, Singapore
Reviewed 18 June 2010

We can't find our hotel that we booked, so we settled in this hotel for one night 16/6/10 before we head to airport next morning at 4.30 am.
We reached there at 6 pm, no one helped us to carry our lugguage, unlike other hotels in Bali that we stayed. Passed by a long pathway to our bungalow room with 2 stories
When the receptionist opened the rooms, the smelled choked me to cough, so smelly....
The pillows were so smelly, the towels were gray color, when my husband & I lied down on the bed, straight away we know there were bed bugs making our body so itchy, next morning, my kids told us they got some insects biting them, both air con for both rooms were so hot.
Front door has no key to lock. My son saw someone walked into our garden, then another man walked into our balcony & left. Toilet has no door. Toilet bowl was yellow stink in color. The whole bed rooms were so gloss. When i pulled the curtain, there was a big lizard staring at me..
My kids went to the pool in the evening, they came back after 10 minutes, told us the pool was so dirty.
The hotel named Ananda resort & spa, with no spa. The man in the counter asked me do you want body massage, he can call for massage in the room. Cost Rupiah 150,000. But when i think about the smell, I have no mood to do any massage in the room.
We were glad we left to airport at 4.30 am, only 10.5 hrs stay for Rupiah 800,000 without breakfast. Totally not worth a single cents for this smelly & disgusting so called resort & spa.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
4 Thank jean_koay
Bali, Indonesia
Reviewed 19 May 2010

Well, I have to agree with pretty much everything Subber from Sydney said about the Ananda Resort in Seminyak (what a very well written review it is) except I got to choose the actual room we had and our bed and our shower was (much) better.
Here's the story: We were on our last night of a 6-day Bali trip from Darwin. We both live in Darwin. Our first 2 nights were at the Casa Padma Suites on Jalan Padma in Legian and I like it there. See the review for that stay. We then drove ourselves to Lovina and stayed at the very beautiful Rambutan Villas - see the review for that stay. We drove back to the south and needed a room for the night and the Casa Padma was "full" so we went off in search of another room, in the trusty Toyota Avanza. We came across the Ananda. It seemed well located (that turned out to be true) and they advertised rooms from 399,000Rp per night. I paid 500,000 but thought I didn't want to argue because I had just driven from Lovina. The Front Desk man was extremely friendly and polite and I had just been into one of the schmicko hotels a bit further north where they told me one night was $US525. I laughed at that. I don't mind luxuries in life but danged if I will pay $US525 for a bed for the night! What are they thinking??
I looked at the room we would be having and it was OK. My g/fr ended up saying it was totally OK. That surprised me because we'd had a quite comfy trip that far.
I'll disagree with Subber on the bed quality. Our bed atthe Ananda was the best we had in Bali - soft and comfy. We used it rather liberally as well and it was fine.
The property though is desperately in need of a big makeover. It is very well situated and it's true there's a cluster of restaurants right where Ananada is. We went to the Cafe Bali for dinner. I will go back and try more food places there. I kept thinking what a good investment the Ananda Resort could make.
The pool area is inviting. There is a 24-hr mini market across the street.
They let us park our car right near the front door for free.
They were very friendly.