“Good value but needs updating”
Review of ANANDA RESORT

and 1 more site!
ANANDA RESORT
Ranked #99 of 144 Hotels in Seminyak
london
“Good value but needs updating”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We stayed here for just 1 night and managed to secure a great price to check into a room in the evening.

Good points - very good value for seminyak which generally seemed expensive. Nice pool area to relax and cool off. Polite and friendly staff. Are con in rooms and cable tv. Location is good, right in the centre of all the shops and restaurants and about 20 mins to the beach.

Bad points - rooms and dated and not that clean - could really do with a re re vamp.

If you are passing through for a night I would recommend it, if its a longer stay then you might be better looking somewhere else.

• Stayed October 2013
3 Thank sirtravellotLondon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Indonesian first
Reviewed 4 October 2013

I stayed at the resort in September and it was amazing. I found the Balinese bungalows very cosy. The staff are so friendly and our kids had such a great time. The pool is so relaxing and listening to the music and eating great Balinese food was great. You couldn't have a better location in Seminyak and I am looking forward to getting back as soon as I can.

• Stayed September 2013
3 Thank DylanT111
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 24 September 2013

My daughter and I stayed for 3 weeks here in September and really did not want to leave. This hotel is located right in the middle of Eat street in Seminyak, so as far as location goes it does not get any better. Quite resort with clean spacious comfy beds and rooms and quiet air conditioners. The staff are lovely and will try to help you any way they can. The pool is difficult to get in and out of if you have mobility issues. But overall its a great find and I have just booked to return in March 2014.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
5 Thank tamara48
Perth
Reviewed 18 September 2013

We stayed for 2 nights in September. Price was fantastic only $40 per night for a huge room with a large bathroom, very comfy bed, lounge/day bed in the enclosed courtyard and a also balcony. Only complaint about the room was that it doesn't feel very secure, only a small piece of wood to keep the main door closed/locked and you lock with a padlock from the outside during the day, I would of preferred there was an actual lock on the inside for more peace of mind at night and we discovered our window didn't lock but that was quickly fixed once I told the staff which was great.
Breakfast was basic but still a good perk.
The pool was great and well maintained, not a busy party pool like at some other hotels which was good. Location couldn't be any better, right in the middle of the best street in Seminyak and only a short 10 min walk to the beach. So many great options for eating in the area.
I will stay again on my next visit.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank LD85
Hanoi, Vietnam
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We happened to be here as we didn't book a hotel before in Seminyak. I was a big surprise with fine price (40$ - as it suppose to be 45$). The receptionist is very kind, bring us to a nice suite - which the living and kitchen corner we wont use, there is a terrace to the garden. Inside it is a nice surprise with a hugee bathroom, with a bath tub and big space. The bedroom is nice, softly king size bed, flowers is also nice decoration in a room.
The pool is also very nice, we enjoyed it alot.
The next thing is after checkout, they help to keep our bags while we went to the beach. When we came back, I was asking if we could take a short shower, and the guy was very nice to give us a room to take shower without worry about anything or addtion service they will have to clean the room. So we appreciate it alot.
Finally, when we left from the bath, I forgot my watch! So bad ;( So next morning when I came back to my country, I called them, they found it. Now they will send it to me tomorrow, hopefully I will have it again. A big thanks to their kindness.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank MaiAnhVN
Perth
Reviewed 31 August 2013 via mobile

I booked here for location & price. Only $ 46 Aus a night! Beautiful gardens and big rooms. A little old but charming old Bali style bungalows. It's not 5 star but for what it is, I liked it. On Oberoi rd. Opposite Trattoria restaurant. If your on a budget, this is great value, beautiful pool & grounds.

• Stayed August 2013
5 Thank dinodissi
Sydney
Reviewed 7 October 2012

I liked Ananda, but I’ll put it this way: If your girlfriend books this resort then your safe. If you book it for your girlfriend for your special getaway, then she might not be so impressed.

I got off the plane late at night and went to my hotel in Seminyak. When I turned up they could not find my booking, then they informed me that it would cost twice the price than I had booked for. It was late so I asked them where I could find a cheap hotel in Seminyak and they suggested Ananda Resort.

I was extremely surprised at how much I enjoyed staying there. When I first arrived I was given a deluxe room for about US$70 so I booked for one night expecting it to be really bad, and it was late and I just needed a bed. They led me through some lovely traditional styled free standing villas to my villa. My villa was 2 bedroom, and you enter into the lounge room. There is a kitchen and dining room but the kitchen has no equipment in it so nothing to get excited about. I had a room downstairs off the lounge room which was lockable. The bedroom was large but the decor and furnishings were very old fashioned and the TV did not work (I didn't care as I didn't plan on spending my time watching TV). The air-con worked very well considering the size of the room. Off the bedroom was my own private courtyard, which the gardener has ignored for some time, but a peaceful place none the less. The ensuite was huge and looked newly renovated in parts, but still had a feeling of being unfinished. There was a corner spa bath but I'd rather jump in the pool, so I never used it.

Upstairs was another bedroom and ensuite but this was locked and was not rented, so I had the whole place to myself. It was such a good deal that after one night I booked for another 2 nights.

The hotel is halfway down Jalan Laksmana - opposite the famous Ultimo restaurant. Laksmana is such a busy street that I expected Ananda Resort to be very noisy, but that couldn't be further from the truth. The complex is so quiet and the pool is huge and very tranquil. I rarely say anyone else, but the staff assured me that they were booked out.

The hotel offered basic breakfasts but did not offer Lunch or dinner. This is certainly no big deal when you are surrounded by fabulous restaurants and bars. Ku De Ta and the beach are only 10mins walk away.

If tacky furnishings are going to ruin your trip then don't stay here. But if you don't mind the leopard print doona and mis-matched furniture, then this has to be the cheapest place in Seminyak. You are in the heart of all the action, it's quiet and very easy on the budget.

They have a function room next to the pool that they didn't seem to use, but if you were looking at a budget wedding or function and a cheap place for all of your friends to stay all together then this could be an option worth exploring.

Not a lot is available in this area for under $140, so to find a place that is half that price makes Seminyak accessible to budget travellers.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo