“excellent value and perfect location!”
Review of ANANDA RESORT

ANANDA RESORT
Ranked #99 of 148 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed 17 November 2013

We stayed at the Ananda for four days in November after coming across the place online the night before we were heading to Seminyak. The location is fabulous - right in the heart of great restaurants, nightlife, and shopping! The beach is about a 10 minute walk. We were pleasantly surprised with the accommodations. The 'villas' were very spacious and clean. The interior décor could use a bit of updating but for the price and the type of travel (backpacking) we were doing we can't complain! The garden and pool area is beautiful - traditional Balinese style which was exactly what we were looking for. The staff were very friendly and the restaurant offered good value for money. Would highly recommend this place if you're on a 'reasonable' budget!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Lindsay D

Reviewed 16 October 2013

We stayed at the resort last week and it really is a gem of a find in Seminyak. It was a family holiday with my husband and two teenage daughters. The location is fabulous being so close to great restaurants and lots of places for the girls to go shopping. The resort itself is traditional Balinese which we love, and although on a busy street (Oberoi Road) it is very peaceful and quiet. It has beautiful gardens and a lovely big pool, that even has a swim-up bar if you are so inclined!

Our two storey villa was huge and very spacious with great air con, comfortable beds , cable TV with a movie channel which our daughters watched when they wanted to chill. The staff are lovely and friendly; nothing is too much trouble. They even came and picked us up from the airport at 1 am in the morning when our flight was delayed coming in. All in all, this is a real find given the price of other resorts in the Seminyak area. Yes it is a bit older and not as swish as some of the other more expensive hotels, but the friendly service, old world charm and lovely spacious gardens more than make up for it. Will definitely be back.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
11  Thank Vera R
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We stayed here for just 1 night and managed to secure a great price to check into a room in the evening.

Good points - very good value for seminyak which generally seemed expensive. Nice pool area to relax and cool off. Polite and friendly staff. Are con in rooms and cable tv. Location is good, right in the centre of all the shops and restaurants and about 20 mins to the beach.

Bad points - rooms and dated and not that clean - could really do with a re re vamp.

If you are passing through for a night I would recommend it, if its a longer stay then you might be better looking somewhere else.

• Stayed: October 2013
3  Thank sirtravellotLondon
Reviewed 4 October 2013

I stayed at the resort in September and it was amazing. I found the Balinese bungalows very cosy. The staff are so friendly and our kids had such a great time. The pool is so relaxing and listening to the music and eating great Balinese food was great. You couldn't have a better location in Seminyak and I am looking forward to getting back as soon as I can.

• Stayed: September 2013
3  Thank DylanT111
Reviewed 24 September 2013

My daughter and I stayed for 3 weeks here in September and really did not want to leave. This hotel is located right in the middle of Eat street in Seminyak, so as far as location goes it does not get any better. Quite resort with clean spacious comfy beds and rooms and quiet air conditioners. The staff are lovely and will try to help you any way they can. The pool is difficult to get in and out of if you have mobility issues. But overall its a great find and I have just booked to return in March 2014.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
5  Thank tamara48
Reviewed 18 September 2013

We stayed for 2 nights in September. Price was fantastic only $40 per night for a huge room with a large bathroom, very comfy bed, lounge/day bed in the enclosed courtyard and a also balcony. Only complaint about the room was that it doesn't feel very secure, only a small piece of wood to keep the main door closed/locked and you lock with a padlock from the outside during the day, I would of preferred there was an actual lock on the inside for more peace of mind at night and we discovered our window didn't lock but that was quickly fixed once I told the staff which was great.
Breakfast was basic but still a good perk.
The pool was great and well maintained, not a busy party pool like at some other hotels which was good. Location couldn't be any better, right in the middle of the best street in Seminyak and only a short 10 min walk to the beach. So many great options for eating in the area.
I will stay again on my next visit.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank LD85
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We happened to be here as we didn't book a hotel before in Seminyak. I was a big surprise with fine price (40$ - as it suppose to be 45$). The receptionist is very kind, bring us to a nice suite - which the living and kitchen corner we wont use, there is a terrace to the garden. Inside it is a nice surprise with a hugee bathroom, with a bath tub and big space. The bedroom is nice, softly king size bed, flowers is also nice decoration in a room.
The pool is also very nice, we enjoyed it alot.
The next thing is after checkout, they help to keep our bags while we went to the beach. When we came back, I was asking if we could take a short shower, and the guy was very nice to give us a room to take shower without worry about anything or addtion service they will have to clean the room. So we appreciate it alot.
Finally, when we left from the bath, I forgot my watch! So bad ;( So next morning when I came back to my country, I called them, they found it. Now they will send it to me tomorrow, hopefully I will have it again. A big thanks to their kindness.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple