“Simple but very good value for money”
Review of ANANDA RESORT

and 1 more site!
ANANDA RESORT
Ranked #99 of 148 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed 6 February 2014

This resort is on the more simple end of the Bali accommodation scale but if it's a decent place to stay that is cheap, then this is for you. It is right in the heart of the action in Seminyak, a short walk from various popular hang-out spots and the Red Carpet Champagne Bar. Service was generally good and with a smile, which is always nice. Breakfast was very limited in terms of selection (local, American & continental is your lot) but was of decent quality.

Some rooms are bigger than others and bathrooms, in particular, vary in quality. The "shower" in our room wasn't really a shower at all but more like an attachment on the wall. Disappointing. On the other hand, the shower in our friend's room was very good. The air con in our room was adequate but not great.

Overall, this is worth checking into if you want good value for money and a decent pool area. Obviously there are much more upmarket places to stay in Bali...with upmarket price tags to boot!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank FKSG

Reviewed 28 January 2014

We stayed here for new years.
Its a great location, but the rooms are a little outdated.
We had to move 3 times to get to the room we payed for, but every time we had to move from room the staff was very helpful with our luggage.
The pool is very nice to relax and you have the option to have a drink by the poolbar.
Breakfast is quite basic.
We did pay an ok price for a good location in high season. Price/quality is ok.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Gunter A
Reviewed 26 January 2014

The location is good for some shopping and close by to eateries and bars. Went there during new year and the road was so packed even at 10am! Perhaps on other days the traffic is not that bad. Despite surrounded by the lively night scene, it is tucked away quite nicely away from the noises. They have a pool but I didnt get a chance to swim as my scheduled was packed. My room was located upstairs and was a bit of a climb. Not recommended for those with disabilities. But I liked it anyway. It also had a large balcony so you can just chill outside and read a book. The room was okay but my door had some cracks where one can just peep a look inside. There was a TV and A/C which worked fine. One thing about the bath/shower is that I had to climb up some stairs. Quite an interesting challenge, for a shower, but I didnt mind and again I remind my room was not for those with some disabilities. The downstairs rooms looked a bit bigger and comfy but I couldnt really tell as I didnt get to visit the rooms. Oh one more thing. During my stay, it was raining heavily and my room was leaking (luckily it leaked on the floor and not the bed, thus, still manage to get undisturbed sleep). The management should do something about it though. For the price I paid and services I get, I recommend this place for those on a tight budget and would like to stay in a good location. Not for fussy travellers.

Room Tip: If you have disabilities or dont fancy climbing stairs, opt for a room downstairs..
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank Izzaty
Reviewed 25 January 2014

Location IS PERFECT. Value for money. Staff were responsive. It had a beautiful pool. The only minor downside ... one could say the Villas are a bit run down and need updating and the Food was very average ... but hey, for the price its great. Would definitely stay there again if I went back to Bali.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank NavalAgarwal
Reviewed 23 January 2014

Stayed 2 nights, very good value for under $50 night, stayed in room 401 which was large, small communal terrace outside. Very quiet room with good air conditioner & large bathroom with bath & good hot water pressure. Staff were very helpful, pool was very well maintained with swim up bar. The only downside to this hotel was a less than average breakfast, only ate once & opted to dine outside hotel as a result of poor experience, many options close by so didn't really bother me.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank Impulsive84848
Reviewed 22 January 2014

I really like this resort because it is very peaceful and relaxing.
The service and the hotel workers are very nice and friendly and it is in the street with lot of restaurant.

What i also liked is relaxing on the pool.
Romano

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Romano C
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Lovely Balinese style resort with lots of character. Mini villas with air con in bedrooms, nice little balcony, nice pool, friendly staff, spacious bathrooms. I thought the living area was a bit dark till I realised you open the shutters! I had a problem with my room but they were able to move rooms for me. Breakfast included is basic but you can always add extras from the menu pretty cheaply. If you like this style rather than boxy modern hotels it is great value for money. Close to heaps of restaurants, can walk to beach but bit further to the more easily accessible Double 6 beach... Walk down the coast or take a taxi for about a dollar!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo