“Great place to stay, good value for money”
Review of ANANDA RESORT

ANANDA RESORT
Ranked #99 of 148 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Great place, fantastic location right in the middle of all action.
The value for money is great and this really makes it top choice for Seminyak on a budget. Also, you don't really need a retreat in Seminyak, since it is buzzing with action.
The rooms are very simple, the pool is old but extremely clean.
The whole place is very zen and quiet, I would definitely go back again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank jelenaeva

Reviewed 4 March 2014

The Ananda is an older and in some respects a rather dated resort. But considering the location (right in the heart of Seminyak) and the reasonable rates, this is a winner!

Rooms and bathrooms are huge, but vary in quality. It seems the further your room is situated from the swimming pool, the less well maintained it will be. The amount of mosquitoes per room also increases as you go further away from the pool, possibly because the outlaying "villas" are not used that often. Other issues I found were worn-out mattresses, very poor wi-fi and one extremely noisy night with drunken guests in the pool. This last matter was taken up by management, and it has to be said that the resort was quiet and peaceful on my return.

Breakfast is included but for the poor quality, both in food and service, you may as well skip this and go elsewhere. The Ananda is clearly not equipped to deal with breakfast service, and there's no need to go through this annoyance.

The pool is fantastic, and at times you can even order drinks and food from the little service bar. Fresh towels are available all day.

The greatest asset of the hotel is its staff. They are unfailingly friendly and helpful and will assist with transfers, moving luggage, tourist information and more. The hotel does not do laundry, but they will point you in the direction of 2 laundries close by. The one I used did a great job and it was not expensive, even though I paid a surcharge for their "express" service.

All in all I will recommend this hotel to those who want to be in the heart of Seminyak's action but can survive rooms that may be past their prime.

Room Tip: Rooms close to the pool seem to be better maintained.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
6  Thank DiveDiva21
Reviewed 19 February 2014

After 2 nights spent in the noisy Kuta we moved in this resort and we found a little paradise.
The bungalow are large, clean and with a nice view at the swimming pool. Even if is the resord is in the center of Seminyak is really peaceful and relaxing. When you step in you hardly can believe that the price is so low compared to the facilities they offer!
People at reception are great! Always smiling, very friendly and helpful to arrange trips or transport.
If I have to find any defect probably the breakfast...that is included but is a very "small breakfast".
Apart from it excellent from any point of view!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank pintopat
Reviewed 10 February 2014

I really liked this hotel. People at reception desk are very friendly, smily and helpful. I needed information about daily trips and they helped me very much. The rooms are veyr big and comfortable. Location of the hotel is very helpful and central. I think maybe breakfast can be bigger than how it is now. Continental breakfast is very small and some cheese at breakfast would be nice.

Room Tip: Rooms near the pool is very good.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank pelin79
Reviewed 6 February 2014

This resort is on the more simple end of the Bali accommodation scale but if it's a decent place to stay that is cheap, then this is for you. It is right in the heart of the action in Seminyak, a short walk from various popular hang-out spots and the Red Carpet Champagne Bar. Service was generally good and with a smile, which is always nice. Breakfast was very limited in terms of selection (local, American & continental is your lot) but was of decent quality.

Some rooms are bigger than others and bathrooms, in particular, vary in quality. The "shower" in our room wasn't really a shower at all but more like an attachment on the wall. Disappointing. On the other hand, the shower in our friend's room was very good. The air con in our room was adequate but not great.

Overall, this is worth checking into if you want good value for money and a decent pool area. Obviously there are much more upmarket places to stay in Bali...with upmarket price tags to boot!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank FKSG
Reviewed 28 January 2014

We stayed here for new years.
Its a great location, but the rooms are a little outdated.
We had to move 3 times to get to the room we payed for, but every time we had to move from room the staff was very helpful with our luggage.
The pool is very nice to relax and you have the option to have a drink by the poolbar.
Breakfast is quite basic.
We did pay an ok price for a good location in high season. Price/quality is ok.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Gunter A
Reviewed 26 January 2014

The location is good for some shopping and close by to eateries and bars. Went there during new year and the road was so packed even at 10am! Perhaps on other days the traffic is not that bad. Despite surrounded by the lively night scene, it is tucked away quite nicely away from the noises. They have a pool but I didnt get a chance to swim as my scheduled was packed. My room was located upstairs and was a bit of a climb. Not recommended for those with disabilities. But I liked it anyway. It also had a large balcony so you can just chill outside and read a book. The room was okay but my door had some cracks where one can just peep a look inside. There was a TV and A/C which worked fine. One thing about the bath/shower is that I had to climb up some stairs. Quite an interesting challenge, for a shower, but I didnt mind and again I remind my room was not for those with some disabilities. The downstairs rooms looked a bit bigger and comfy but I couldnt really tell as I didnt get to visit the rooms. Oh one more thing. During my stay, it was raining heavily and my room was leaking (luckily it leaked on the floor and not the bed, thus, still manage to get undisturbed sleep). The management should do something about it though. For the price I paid and services I get, I recommend this place for those on a tight budget and would like to stay in a good location. Not for fussy travellers.

Room Tip: If you have disabilities or dont fancy climbing stairs, opt for a room downstairs..
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo