“Idyllic retreat”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Jennie B
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
“Idyllic retreat”
Reviewed 22 April 2015 for a stay in April 2015

This was my first trip to Bali and I had high expectations of the standard of accommodation from other Australian's experiences. I was not disappointed with this villa. The interior design was a nice combination of Balinese and modern styling, and there was nothing lacking in the building. In particular, the rooms are well appointed and spacious, and the pool is just perfect.

The service to guests was excellent even though the staff were off-site. There was a phone and emergency numbers provided. I needed their assistance twice: when I locked my valuables in the safe (duh!) and to report that an air conditioner was broken. On both occasions, my calls were answered promptly - a new air conditioner was even installed on the same day as the report.

My two constructive comments to potential guests is that there is a creepy back alley to get to the villa from the street and to take hard-core ear plugs. The villa was not marked with a sign and is difficult to locate, especially when walking there after dark and I didn't feel comfortable going out to the main street at night alone. And there are these noisy roosters across the street who like to out-crow each other for hours on end.... light sleepers will need noise cancelling headsets to sleep!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The pool and outdoor area
Liked least: Roosters as neighbours
Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
20 May 2015
Thank you for your valued feedback. We are very glad to hear your enjoyed your stay, and loved Villa Istana 2. The location is amazing, and certainly what all of our guests love. We also understand your initial hesitation at having to pay upfront for the villa but this is normal villa booking practice in Bali, so I am happy to hear our team worked through this with you and made your feel more comfortable. We hope you will be back again soon to stay with us.
Camer0n89
Melbourne, Australia
“Large luxurious villa wih a lovely private pool.”
Reviewed 11 April 2015 for a stay in April 2015
people found this review helpful

This was the first time I had hired this type of accommodation in Bali. It was a little different having to pay in advance. I also had some issues with the first payment system, however the people at Bali Realty who manage the property were very helpful and responsive so we managed to work it out.
We were greeted at the airport by a driver from Bali Realty who took us to the property. It is in a great location, very central to a lot of restaurants, shopping and some night life. You do need to walk down an alley to get to the property which I was fine with, but one of my friends mentioned she was glad to have me with her when walking to the property late at night.
The Villa itself if amazing. It is huge with big king size beds, big bathrooms and a large downstairs area featuring a fully equipped kitchen. The biggest appeal was the outdoor area which got plenty of sunlight and the pool was brilliant. It was actually bigger than it looks in the photos and could comfortably fit 4 people. It was also the perfect depth and temperature.
The property manager gives you a phone when you check in and you can call him whenever should you need anything. He arrived within 30 minutes when we had queries and was very helpful.
We elected not to have breakfast provided but there are plenty of breakfast places within a 5-10 minute walk which have yummy food.
The only downside to the villa was the neighbours across the laneway. They house a few roosters which make a lot of noise. I would recommend bringing earplugs to help sleep.
I would definitely book through Bali realty in the future.

Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing