I made a booking to stay in Kayana for 3 nite stay from 12-15 Jun 2010, I have made the reservation on 11 May 2010. So it's a good 1 month before my arrival.
However, on 28 May 2010 they sent me an email saying that due to some problem with their system, they couldn't see some older bookings. So by the time they fixed the system and inputted my reservation it created an overbooked situation.
These were what they suggested to me :
1. To change my date from 12-15 Jun to 14 - 18 Jun --> which was impossible because I have bought the ticket and we have informed our office to take leave on such date. It was a very selfish suggestion to be proposed from their end I feel, because I think they should recommend an alternative place to stay for us first rather than requesting a change of date. I replied to them and said that I can't change the date and they replied back just apologizing without even trying to recommend another hotel for us.
2. They said that from 14 - 18 Jun only their deluxe room (our rsvn was pool room) is available and to compensate us they will give us complimentary spa OR dinner. --> I feel they have caused such a hassle in our reservation and the only thing that they could propose to make customer feel better was spa OR dinner, they were so calculating despite mistake was made on their side.
3. And to make it even worst on 31 May they emailed me again and told me that they have found solution to their problem and able to reconfirm my booking. --> This was really upsetting because on 28 May when they rejected my reservation I immediately looked for another hotel, so when they came back to me 3 days later it was too late for a solution.
I really hope the management will be more careful next time and update their system accordingly, it was such a disappointing event for us. We were looking forward to stay there, but with the service level that they offered us we don't know whether we want to go back or not.......
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Kayana is the one of the preferred villas in Seminyak, boasting a reputation for quality accommodation at agreeable rates. The 24 separate villas are positioned just off a winding pathway, flanked with Frangipani trees and tropical foliage. Surrounded by pristine gardens and rich in the rewards that fresh open air brings, a stay at The Kayana offers guests total privacy and tranquility. The Deluxe Villas is featuring a plunge pool as well as an outdoor dining and lounge area. Moving further, each unit of their Pool Villas is featuring a spacious 28sqm pool with outdoor dining and lounge area with pristine gardens. All of the 24 private villas is stocked with double canopy king size bed, air condition, wireless connection, safe deposit box, a plasma TV, buggy car and many more The Kayana is situated close to Potato Head, Huu Bar, Kudeta and surrounded by good restaurants and boutiques. Just 15 minutes by walking to public beach and 20 minutes by walking to Seminyak center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, LateRooms, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Kayana Bali reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Kayana Bali Hotel Seminyak
- Kayana Bali Seminyak
- Kayana Bali Hotel Seminyak
- The Kayana Bali Seminyak