“Incredible Villa Location in Seminyak”
Review of The Kayana Bali

The Kayana Bali
Ranked #23 of 145 Hotels in Seminyak
“Incredible Villa Location in Seminyak”
Reviewed 27 June 2010

Great place to stay, first class service, massive villa's

Food was great each morning by the pool

Pool villa was extremely nice, love the 200sqm villas, plenty of room

Romantic getaway for sure for any couples

Love to go back again soon

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 18 June 2010

I made a booking to stay in Kayana for 3 nite stay from 12-15 Jun 2010, I have made the reservation on 11 May 2010. So it's a good 1 month before my arrival.

However, on 28 May 2010 they sent me an email saying that due to some problem with their system, they couldn't see some older bookings. So by the time they fixed the system and inputted my reservation it created an overbooked situation.

These were what they suggested to me :

1. To change my date from 12-15 Jun to 14 - 18 Jun --> which was impossible because I have bought the ticket and we have informed our office to take leave on such date. It was a very selfish suggestion to be proposed from their end I feel, because I think they should recommend an alternative place to stay for us first rather than requesting a change of date. I replied to them and said that I can't change the date and they replied back just apologizing without even trying to recommend another hotel for us.

2. They said that from 14 - 18 Jun only their deluxe room (our rsvn was pool room) is available and to compensate us they will give us complimentary spa OR dinner. --> I feel they have caused such a hassle in our reservation and the only thing that they could propose to make customer feel better was spa OR dinner, they were so calculating despite mistake was made on their side.

3. And to make it even worst on 31 May they emailed me again and told me that they have found solution to their problem and able to reconfirm my booking. --> This was really upsetting because on 28 May when they rejected my reservation I immediately looked for another hotel, so when they came back to me 3 days later it was too late for a solution.

I really hope the management will be more careful next time and update their system accordingly, it was such a disappointing event for us. We were looking forward to stay there, but with the service level that they offered us we don't know whether we want to go back or not.......

Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank meringo
jakarta
Reviewed 18 May 2010

I have travelled to Bali often and have stayed at many villas and hotels in Bali - in particular in the Seminyak area - which is my preferred location.

The Kayana was recommended to me as I love the sister hotel and villa resort - The Samaya. I was travelling on my own to meet friends that live in Bali and hence didn't need or want to pay too much but still wanted to enjoy the luxury and private villa experience that Bali does so well. I was not disappointed!!

The service was superb! The room service amazing. I loved the villa's appointments and attention to detail. Nothing was too much trouble - a drop off to a restaurant, a massage, afternoon tea delivered to your room or the lobby whilst waiting to go to the airport, late checkout ... you name it everything was possible.

I would rate this 9 out of 10!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank Lushousone
New Orleans
Reviewed 16 May 2010

Loved the location on Jalan Petitenget, great to be within walking distance of Metis and Sarong to one side and Ku De Ta in the other direction- not to mention some great little warungs. The hotel villas are located well to the back of the resort for perfect peace and the service is a mixture of typical Balinese graciousness mixed with excellent training.

As other reviews mention, the spa is very expensive, but there are many others nearby. Highly recommend the Kayana for true R & R as well as easy access to beach, shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 11 May 2010

We were so impressed with the Kayana. The rooms were perfect, private and quiet, the food was good and the staff were the highlight - friendly, helpful and discreet. We would go back there in a second and have already recommended this beautiful property to family and friends.
The rooms are large and clean with comfortable beds and good linen. Every need was catered to and the butler's entrance to the garden of the villa means that the service is both excellent and discreet. The plunge pool was the perfect temperature during the day and can be heated up with 30 mins notice for night use. The spa massages were absolutely terrific but I would skip the facial unless you enjoy having your face covered in yoghurt and oatmeal but overall a terrific experience.

1 Thank SoSum99
Blue Mountains, Canada
Reviewed 10 April 2010

This was our first stay at Kayana, having tried most of the other major hotels in the area, such as The Oberoi and The Legian. We were in a search for something new, someplace more personal and private. And with no screaming children!
We were a bit nervous upon check in, as the lobby is off a very busy street, however our fears were quickly dashed, and were welcomed by warm smiles and a cold fresh towel. Our butler Agus swept us off to our room in a golf buggy stopping to familiarise us with the spa, library, lounge and dining areas. With equal passion he showed us every aspect of our room, which was quite endearing as we are very seasoned travellers and really did not need such a thorough introduction, but we had not the heart to stop him. He was very polite and ended telling us that our well being and our total privacy was thier mission. In fact all the staff were exceptionally professional and very warm and friendly.
The grounds of the property are beautifully landscaped with palms and fragapani's.
The pool Villa we had was modern and stylish, sympathetic to traditional Balinese architecture. Four poster bed netted at night, very firm matteress, luxury down duvet and pillows, ensuring long peacful sleeps. Large modern and spotlessly clean bathroom with stone shower and bath surrounds.
The dipping pool was perfect and very private, with the relaxing sound of a waterfall feature. Plenty of room for a day bed, table and two lounges.
The restaurant was also outstanding, great variety, exceptional quality and not over the top pricing, which you can't escape now at any of the larger hotels. The main pool area was never busy, and the pool long and deep enough to get some excercise.
The location is not perfect, which is reflected in the price. However they offer a free shuttle into Seminyak and Legian, 5 minutes tops. Only a five minute walk to the beach, coming out right by the The Legian and close to Ku De Ta.
The Kayana was affordable luxury in a tranquil, peaceful and totally private setting.

Adelaide
Reviewed 7 April 2010

My husband & I have returned from Bali today after celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary at the Kayana at Seminyak. The occasion warranted a bit of indulgence & luxury, as well as some romance & privacy.

The Pool Villa was perfect- large, airy,& private with a large private pool. We had room 825 which was quiet & sunny.

The staff are very attentive without being intrusive & always very helpful & friendly.
The area of Seminyak is now trendy with lots of good restaurants & boutiques sprouting up at each corner. It is relatively expensive compared to other parts of Bali but the quality is better & more on par with shops at home.

There is a grogeous pedicure place opposite the hotel call Arno & the standard of hygiene & treatments there are very good. The hotel has a beautiful but pricely spa- I think it may be attended more frequently if the prices where a bit lower & not in US dollars!

I enjoyed the afternoon tea with is complimentary- usually a coffee or a freshly squeezed OJ with a small tempting bite to eat . After returning from a hot outing this was a welcome treat.
The Hotels free car service is also very welcome- they will take you anywhere as far as legian for shopping expeditions or dining & pick you up. Taxis are also a very cheap option - usually only costing about $3-5 for a reasonable trip.

OVERALL we where both very happy with the Kayana & would not hesitate to recommend it to those looking for a relaxed quiet romantic stay. Children are not catered for & those for looking for the hustle & bustle of street markets may find it a bit quiet in this area. It was perfect for the type of holiday we wanted.

Thank you Kayana !