“Relaxing Le Jardin”

Le Jardin Villas, Seminyak
Ranked #18 of 148 Hotels in Seminyak
Reviewed 5 July 2010

Stayed at Le Jardin from June 28th to July 2nd. The driver picked us up from Jimbaran Bay which was very king. As soon as we got into our vehicle, we were given a cold drink and wet towel which was a nice touch. We arrived about 25 minutes later to Le Jardin and were immediately welcomed by name and once again a cool drink and wet towel.
Check in was quick and efficient with everything explained in detaile. We were escorted to our villa by our butler, and quickly discovered that we had been upgraded to a 3 bedroom villa! We were only 2 persons, so didn't use the upstairs room at all, but very nice all the same.
The villa itself was beautiful and very serene, which was surprising as we were only a 5 minute walk away from the beach. Fortunately the villa complex is not on a busy main road, so that also made a big difference. The bedroom pavillions are very big and the bathrooms fantastic as they are indoor/outdoor style and also large. Everything you need is in the bedrooms/bathroms, so you really want for nothing.
The living/dining/kitchen area is all one large room which is entirely open and magnificent. The living area and bedrooms have direct access to the pool and a large Bale. The gardens are so beautiful both in and surrounding the villas.
We had breakfast delivered to our villa each morning, as well as cake in the afternoon. There was maid service each morning and turn down each evening which included replenishing of towels, water, and spraying of rooms and lighting of mosquito coils, which was needed.
We had a 120 minute treatment included in our rate which was nice but unforunately the spa is right next to the kitchen so it was very noisy. We also had a 15 minute back massage which we had in our villa and that was wonderful. A lunch and BBQ were also included and they were good. The entire staff were very friendly and professional and responded to requests immediately. The free shuttle was a godsend on our many shopping trips and going out at night.
All in all a great stay and I would highly recommend Le Jardin.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends

Reviewed 1 July 2010

I am an avid fan of Trip Advisor, but I find myself writing this review as I cannot believe that someone has complained about Le Jardin and its staff. My husand Brian and I have been lucky to be introduced not only to Le Jardin's facilities, but to the staff, and in particular Darma and Wayan who go out of their way to make sure you have everything you require, and if you need something, no matter how small, they will source it, book it, or find it for you! We have stayed there twice over the past couple of years and would highly recommend Le Jardin for its location, resort like villas, restaurant and staff who make you feel like part of the family. Stepping into Le Jardin for us was like stepping into an oasis in the desert - we had to pinch ourselves to make sure everything was real. I cannot recommend Le Jardin highly enough and we would definitely stay there again.

Michelle & Brian, Margaret River

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 June 2010

My husband and I have stayed at Le Jardin 4 times now and I would stay there every time I am in Bali. Right in the middle of Seminyak, the location is perfect for all the bars and Restaurants in Dru Padi, and Eat Street.! My husband surfs and he can walk to the beach and surf break off Ku De Ta, so everything is covered for us to have an easy holiday, in the lap of luxury. All the staff are so wonderful and polite and will give you anything you want or need. The food is fantastic and the room service menu is extensive if you don't want to go out. We use the gym every time we go and find the running machine under the air con is excellent. I cannot understand this previous review as the villas are only 3 or 4 years old and not dumps with a bed I wish I had at home. The layout is light and bright and the open bathrooms are awesome, with the biggest bath I have ever seen. I would certainly recommend anyone to stay at Le Jardin, in fact 3 groups of friends have stayed on our recommendation - twice! If you are looking for a quiet place, excellent service with Bali gentle manners and wonderful garden surrounds, Le Jardin is the place to go. Thank you Darma and Wayan and all the staff at Le Jardin - we miss you.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 June 2010

We travel a lot, both for business and pleasure, and we’d have to concur with all the positive commentary written about this place. Firstly, the team that designed these villas should be awarded some type of global architecture award. They are simply stunning and extremely tranquil. We’ve been fortunate to experience the high end, big hotels at many sites around the globe but this place has a special quality. Whilst you’re close to the buzz and hype of the Seminyak restaurant precinct (and the eating houses are really chic) our villa represented an oasis when we needed some time out to chill. Secondly, it appears to me that the management team is definitely making all the right moves with the staff. They seem to be very proud of their establishment. They always went that extra step to help us out - to make sure you’re happy. They were very polite, non invasive and professional. Moreover, access to what felt like our own personal driver was a huge value-add to the tariff. With minimal notice they’d shoot off us to where we wanted to go. No matter where we ended up, just one call and they’d come to get us. That was a major plus.

If I have to criticise anything I would say the gym equipment needs an upgrade and a stronger air conditioner unit. The treadmill belt was struggling (maybe I ate too much) and the bike is a little old. It could also do with some more weights. And if you must take your laptop with you for work (sadly I did) internet access, whilst wireless and easy to connect to, isn’t that fast. Functional but if you need to move large data volume over your VPN it will be a little sluggish. Not a major drama however. Also – this is not a place for rugrats. It’s too sophisticated. So leave them back at home with the grandparents and enjoy yourself.

I’ve nothing against the big hotel chains with vast lobby’s and internal bars and restaurants but if you want a more authentic Bali experience I’d go with Le Jardin without fail. Overall, we rate this place highly and hope to come back here at some stage into the future. Well done to them.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 April 2010

Le Jardin Villa was an amazing place to stay and we cant wait to go back!!! 6 of us stayed at Le Jardin in a 3 bedroom villa in March. Everything was amazing!! From the moment we arrived we knew we had chosen the right place. The attention to detail and the service provided by the staff is amazing. The 2 hour massage was delightful. The BBQ dinner was truly delicious, the villa was luxurious with an abundance of room and space and we just loved the open modern feel. The villa was a tropical oasis combined with all the luxury one could hope for. The decor was really nice and the lay out of the villa made it open, airy and spacious. The pool was amazing we barely got out. The staff were so helpful and would organise everything for us from shopping to sightseeing to money exchange, to massages and even taking us to the hairdresser. Everything we needed was arranged without fuss and it was soo helpful as it was our first time in Seminyak. The villa is located walking distance from some amazing bars and restaurants including Ku De Ta however we often had staff from the hotel drive us to the places we wnated to go. They orgaised a day trip for us and arranged a tour guide who was just the best guide we could ask for. We often had room service in the villa and the food was very nice I especially loved the spring rolls,Nasi Goreng, and half chicken with balinese spice!!! There is no doubt we are going back again to Le Jardin, thankyou to all the staff including Wayan for your amazing service and making our holiday one we will always remember!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 April 2010

Actually I have never stayed in this villa before. I am writing to appreciate their effort to respond to my email enquiries promptly, and explain my questions in detail. This indicates how responsive they are to customers. I did not stay in this villa not because of their quality, but I finally decided to stay in other areas of Bali after spending a few days at a budget hotel in the Kuta area.

I trust that this villa provides good quality of service, and the location is really perfect if you want to have restaurants and beach nearby.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 April 2010

We were expecting quite a lot of Le Jardin after several friends recommended it but we were not disappointed. The villas are large,spotlessly clean and well equipped. The staff are incredibly helpful and we made regular use of the shuttle to ferry us around although location is close to the beach and many restaurants so it's no problem to walk. We would return again

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple