We were really looking forward to our stay at Maya Loka but in the end it disappointed.Firstly the maintenance is terrible. When we arrived when they opened the door to our villa it feel of its hinges. The air conditioner with 15 minutes of arrival poured water into our clothing in the drawers. And the soap dish in the shower fell down.
The pool in and our garden and the public gardens are beautiful but the villa is poorly laid out with the toilet open to anyone in the pool!!
The kitchenette as described is joke its a mini bar,a sink and a 2 gas burner but there are no saucepans or barely any cutlery yet alone any things to use to cook with.
So that means room service and the food is pretty tasteless and hardly has any Balinese food on offering. And the prices are high for Bali.
The staff try really hard to meet requests and show a positive attitude but their training is obviously lacking. For instance room turn down, when it happened which was not every day sometimes, was never the same. As was the room st up. Sometime towels were replaced other times not. It seemed totally random.
And the last bug bear was the bugs. The place is a trap for mosquito and only once in the week we were there did they fog them. It needs to be everyday. And they need to top up the spray cans in the room every day too.
So if you get a great deal and don't expect too much Maya Loka is OK but I know there are better properties of better standard for a better price.
I pity the poor staff who are doing their best.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An awarded certificate of excellent 2013 by Tripadvisor, Mayaloka offers open air concept Boutique Villas with authentic Balinese architecture design experience. Expediently located in Seminyak, one of the hippest and most sophisticated neighborhoods in Bali. 5 minutes drive from Petitenget Beach, famous dining venues, shops, and chic boutiques. Each villa features 7,40m x 3,80m private swimming pool, complimentary wireless internet, free drop off transportation within Seminyak area on schedule until 6pm, spacious and quiet living space, poolside sun loungers surrounded by private tropical garden, semi-outdoor bathroom with a separate tub and rain shower. Mayaloka Villas is only 10 km from Ngurah Rai Bali International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Mayaloka Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maya Loka Villas Hotel Seminyak
- Mayaloka Villas Bali/Seminyak