“A great villa for my kids”
Review of Mayaloka Villas

Mayaloka Villas
Ranked #78 of 144 Hotels in Seminyak
Singapore, Singapore
“A great villa for my kids”
Reviewed 14 September 2013

Overall, a very pleasant stay in mayaloka villa. Staff are extremely friendly and always checking to see how are we doing and whether we are comfortable in the villa. The free shuttle service to seminyak is really a plus for tourists like us who is the first time to bali. Even the manager, didi will take us around and recommend the nice restaurants around. My kids love the pool the most, enjoying their water play at least twice a day.

I will definitely recommend this villa to my friends and I will also be back in my next bali trip.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Liyan80

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 9 September 2013

This was our first visit to Bali and we couldn't have wished for a better place to stay than Maya Loka Villas. Maya Loka is situated down a small lane so once we were inside the villa it was always quiet and peaceful.

The staff were polite, friendly, always smiling and willing to assist you.

We stayed 4 nights then travelled to Gili Trawangan. On the way back to Bali, we needed somewhere to store our bags before our flight. The staff at Maya Loka not only let us store our bags but also gave us the use of a room FOR FREE.

I recommend this place HIGHLY.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 7 September 2013

I came to Bali for some rest and relaxation, and that's exactly what I found! The location of the villa is perfect, so peaceful, yet very close to some of the great restaurants and shopping of seminyak.
I was hesitant about the outdoor bathroom at first, but embraced this quickly. The pool in our 2 bedroom villa gets sun all day, while there is plenty of shade to sit in the garden too. The staff are friendly and accommodating, nothing is too much trouble. I wish I could stay longer.

Room Tip: No restaurant or fitness centre on site. However room service is available and breakfast included...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Leanne W
East Fremantle, Australia
Reviewed 28 August 2013 via mobile

First time, walking to our honeymoon villa no.6 wow beautiful old Balinese thyme !! I feel serene straight away , very private with lush Bali garden surrounding !! Prefect just chill out in the private pool and spent all day in the villa , very quite .. I love it !!
Just want to say to the management " need keep it up for the maintenance the villa "
Overall love our short stay , I will back again !!

• Stayed August 2013
Reviewed 21 August 2013

We stayed in a private pool villa for 7 nights with our 2 year old. The villa is really great and was perfect for us to hang out in while our son climbed all over the place and kept himself busy discovering bugs and geckos. It was nice to be able to swim in our own pool while he napped and not feel like we were missing out.

The food was brought to our villa and even though it may not have been warm all the time, it was always tasty and the hospitality from the staff was really outstanding.

We thought the location was really great as we could walk to many fine restaurants and shops and had fun exploring the area.

The kitchenette was nice to have but it would be great if some more cutlery and crockery was provided as well as items to do a bit of washing up.

The bathroom is half outdoor and very spacious but some of the taps need maintenance as they were either wobbly or leaning all over the place and we could barely get any cold water in the bath.
Also, as suggested in another review, a pathway from the living area to the bathroom (without having to go through the bedroom) would be very handy!

Overall we had a wonderful stay and would probably stay there again. The friendliness of the staff really made a big difference and they were always very accommodating to our needs.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
jakarta
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I stayed here from 17 october 2012 to 21 october 2012. I bought the voucher from one of indonesian's groupon sites and stayed at one bedroom pool villa. When i saw the reviews about most of the amenities are started to aging and poor maintenance i'm kinda worried but as i got there, my worries all gone because the villa and the service was very good. Staffs speak decent english and they will served and set your breakfast in your villa. Last day, i was really craving for egg benedicts but they dont have it on their menu, but the front office (every time we got back from walk, the front office person will ask you what will you have for breakfast tomorrow) said she will asked if the chef could make one for me and ta daaaaaaa the next morning, egg benedicts served on my plate^^ it was awesome although the taste was not as i expected but love the effort. Mosquitos sure are the major problem for me eventho there are lots of mosquito coils gave from the hotel but the mosquito net inside the bedroom has quite a lots of holes on it so i woke up every morning with mosquito bites and so did my partner lol. On my voucher it written that i got free spa service for 2 which they confirmed when i checked in that we will take it the 3rd day at 5pm. We were rushed back to villa for treatment but we waited until 6pm and noone came :( eventho my partner kept on calling the front office and spa, there were no one aswered the phone, and when we met the front office the next day they said they were sorry because of the misscommunication and we need to take our flight back at 12 the next day so we couldnt take the spa :( they gave you free shuttle around seminyak area, but that time the driver was so nice and took us to legian area and dropped us there. Overall it was a lovely stay with good service. Will go back next time ^^

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sowen87
Rotterdam, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
Reviewed 17 August 2013

I am writing this while sitting on the patio and enjoying the tranquility of the area, after taking a dive in our private pool. So far, the stay has been more than perfect.

The staff is well trained and it is obvious that management is great. Everyone working here will go the extra mile to make your stay fantastic. They are well informed and will gladly suggest good restaurants, spas and other attractions in the vicinity. Also, they will take care of reservations, which makes life so much easier.

The villas themselves are very nice; well maintained and with all the amenities you could ask for. Granted, the outside bathroom takes getting used to, but we'll miss the outside shower once we get home. The only thing we missed was some closet space to leave our clothes.

The hotel is located near to Seminyak square, and you'll pass Kudeta, Potato Head and the W before getting there. As a matter of fact, the W and it's Woo bar are walking distance. Also nearby are the Watercress and Jemme. If they have the time, management will have no objections taking you there themselves.

Overall this hotel is fantastic, great value for money, and we're glad to stay here.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple