Mayaloka Villas Seminyak
The Taman Ayu(Seminyak)
I-Villa(Seminyak)
Good 3.5/5
Great 4.5/5
All reviewsmaya lokahoneymoon villaprivate poolbeautiful tropicaloutdoor bathroomroom serviceliving areamosquito coilsevery morningshuttle serviceair conditionerpotato headenjoyable staystunning villabed roomstayed for nightsvisiting bali
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We arrived for a week of fun and frivolity and Maya Loka provided the privacy and service we needed. All of the attendants, drivers and even gardeners were friendly and polite. They made us feel welcome and happy.
We made a habit of adventuring through the day, discovering all the amazing sites Bali has to offer and frequenting a local restaurant before relaxing in the villa pool and lounge area. We played music, sang, danced and had a fantastic time without being bothered or told that we were too loud.
This is a great valued, open mind place for any young couple to stay. It's close to everything and again the service was above good - they were helpful to find the best places to go and great things to see - and not just temples etc ;)
I'd love to stay here again and check out the larger villas.

Room Tip: A villa with a pool is awesome. With the hot days & cooler evenings towards the end of Summer it makes for the perfect way to cool down - in the privacy of your own villa!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Maya loka villas was very nice. The staff friendly, and everything very neat. The privacy of the villas is also very well maintained. I have to say though that in terms of value, other villas provide a bit more - i.e included breakfast, included afternoon tea etc. A fantastic stay!

• Stayed: April 2014
3  Thank PG_theNeedham
Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

My second time come to Bali and I spent my honeymoon in Maya Loka Villas. Good service, have motorcycle rent, and also delicious food.

The place is very convenience, have open space bathroom and also private pool.

Recommended.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Angga R
Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

Villa #8 - 25th February 2014

Amazing and awesome facilities. Traditional balinese interior design and lay out that suits our day use. Pool was clean and inviting.. bed was really relaxing with clean sheets and fluffy pillows. Airconditioning was perfect that makes you fall asleep quickly.

Staff was very hospitable, helpful and quickly responds to our queries. Over all stay was memorable and we will definitely recommend this place to our friends. Thank you Maya Loka for all the arrangements on my birthday... cheers! =) Norman & Hanny

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Normanhanny
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Oh, Maya Loka Villas, how disappointing you were. We had such great expectations after reading the reviews and following up through other websites, we were sure to have a great stay. Sadly we were let down, hard.
After receiving an email from Jetsettter.com for a deal on a 2 bedroom private villa in Seminyak, Bali, a bit of research and a phone call to my wife, I booked our family's winter break vacation at the Maya Loka Villas.
Months go by, the day has finally arrived, we land in Bali after 21 hours of travel. We're tired, but the thought of having our own private 2 bedroom villa, with a pool and breakfast served in villa every morning gives us a second wind. Soon that second wind would be punched right out of us.........
Having never been to Bali before we did not know what to expect of the surrounding area of the Maya Loka. Our driver pulls down what seems to be an alley, filled with stray dogs, some cows in small pastures and half completed buildings (some heavy construction was going on directly across the way from the Maya Loka). Needless to say I was not impressed, as this is not what I would consider a 4-5 star area. But, as mentioned prior, I've never been to Bali, perhaps this is normal.
We enter the small reception area and are warmly greeted by the staff and are given refreshing cool tea drinks and towels to wipe the grime of travel off of our tired faces. We are then brought to our villa and I will say that the path to the villas are very beautiful, lush and very "Bali". We enter Villa #5 and the nightmare began.
The first thing we notice is the padlock on the Villa door, this worried me, as I did not feel as safe and secure as I would have wanted at a 4-5 star resort. Next we notice the furniture in the living area, it is scratched, dented, dinged and has chunks of veneer missing. The sofa and pillows were all stained and musty smelling.
We are then shown our bedrooms, each with a queen size bed, and own outdoor bathroom. One of the bedroom doors did not close properly, as it was askew, you had to lift the door for it to open/close. Upon entering that same bedroom (to the right of the living area) you were hit with an odor, mold and mildew. The Air Conditioning was on (18C) and it was just as warm in the room as it was outside. Upon further inspection there was heavy dust around the vents and no way for us to control it as the knobs did not work. The sheets on the bed were beyond disgusting, they were grey and damp. The mosquito netting around the bed had stains (of the nature I have no idea and quite frankly don't want to know), dead bugs and holes in it. At this point I am thoroughly grossed out.
Onto the next bedroom and this is where the nightmare scared us right out of the Maya Loka Villas.
The room seemed cool, the sheets were still grey and the netting was ok. We are shown the bathroom and the tub was all rusted around the top (please see photos) and looked to be held together with black putty. The soap dish and towel bars were completely rusted and the coating was peeling off. The faucets were filmy and filthy. It was one of the nastiest bathrooms I have ever seen, and immediately thought "who in the world thinks this is a 4-5 star hotel standard?".
We are now looking at everything in the villa and found something so horrifying it was straight out of a horror movie. The desk chair.
As innocent as that sounds, what was on that chair was terrifying. It looked as if people were tortured on that chair. While I didn't bring my CSI kit with me to analyze the stains, it looked like years of sweat, and other body fluids stained the cushion. And it smelled just as you think it would.
Well, time to go! I was not going to wait and see what other horrors lurked around Villa #5.
We went to the front desk and told them the issues. they were very apologetic, came to the room and before we could get a photo of the chair, removed it, and that was all they offered! They said there is nothing they could do as the place is booked and they only work there, they don't run/own the property.
I called the W in Seminyak, they picked us up and whisked us off to a true 5 star resort.
I contacted Jetsetter.com and told them about the nightmare in Villa #5. They then contacted the Maya Loka to confirm our situation, which took several days because the Manager (Eddie?) was not responding to their calls or emails. Finally, I received word that the Assistant Operations Manager of the property's parent company responded and agreed to a full refund. So, Thank You Maya Loka Villas for scaring us into the best family vacation we've ever had.

Room Tip: Avoid Villa #5!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family