Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews potato head beach club welcome home room bar welcome cocktail island suite rooftop suite priority access minimum spend hotel pool check in process insect repellent a la carte breakfast mini bar little things late check visit bali amazing staff
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 May 2019

This is not our first stay in Katamama (as a staying guest as well as a guest to my friends who stayed here after I recommend this hotel to them). There are still so many things to love about this hotel but the downsides are getting more and more obvious:
1. We love this hotel because it has an amazing service quality and top notch products (rooms, food, vibe, interior, amenities, facilities, etc). It has the vibe of Andre Balazs Chiltern Firehouse in its restaurant (I even think they copy the restaurant bar design from Chiltern). But now? The restaurant is a mess! They put jumbo audio inside it and playing the music loudly until night. Don't get me wrong, I do like the music, but it killed the vibe! Especially with youngsters and skaters laughing hardly and dancing like a prick. There's also a fashion store pop-up inside the restaurant for what reason? Don't you think a spacious retail space next door is not enough?!
2. The noise from the construction site next door is just insane. Not to mention another noise from the newly built skate ramp.
3. The food menu is pretty limited. But seeing the mess they've done with the restaurant, I'm not surprised

As a boutique hotel afficionado, I can definitely argue that Katamama is the best in its class in Bali (even better than Bisma Eight or the pretentious Ace hotel wannabe The Slow in Canggu). But the management seems more in favour to drive this hotel to the class of Ace and Canggu crowd. During my first stay here, I believe Katamama was in the same league with Andre Balazs hotels and Soho House. We had a wonderful stay in The Fleming in Hong Kong last week, so staying in Katamama now is really a downside and below my expectation.

Room tip: Book Island Suite on the 4th floor for best view and less noise
1  Thank TrippySupervisor
alexruedav, General Manager at Katamama Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2019

Dear Guest.

Thank you for you review and your feedback. We sincerely apologize if the Future Design Week event taking place during your stay marred your experience on you second stay. The audio inside the restaurant was just for those days and if the retail space was of an issue this is to showcase what the company is doing supporting sustainability and the brands that are on the same path.
Please I would love for you to come back, please let me know If you do since I would like to have a special attention with you. alejandro.rueda@pttfamily.com

Reviewed 9 May 2019 via mobile

My family and I (6 YO daughter) had the perfect stay at Katamama. We travelled last year and unfortunately had our flights delayed by the Mt Agung eruption. What a treat to be received by Katamama after the tiring journey. Check in was super smooth, the whole place and service is so discreet and tasteful. And the best part of check in - a dedicated bartender comes in room to mix welcome drinks for you! Rooms are beautifully furnished with wood, teak, dark and cool. A lot of beautiful local artisan produced textiles featured - pillows, hangings. We loved how they made use of local artisan work, ended up purchasing some pieces at the gift store Canaan. Bathroom was so well-stocked, honestly, we didn’t open the toiletries case we packed for our holiday at all. It is also huge and we love that the tub has a view.

But the best part about staying at the Katamama has to be the priority daybed access at Potatohead. We turned up at PHBC every morning, took advantage of a completely empty pool with our young daughter, and booked the daybed for the evening. We went exploring during the afternoon and came back for our evening daybed later. Front row seats to the sunset action.

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank messedupcat
Reviewed 7 May 2019

« Welcome home » is the greeting by the team when arriving to the open reception. Warm and professional staff will escort you to your room in order to do the check in while sipping a delicious cocktail. On the way you already fall in love with the attention to details, the architecture with locally produce traditional brick as well as the atmosphere.
Not an easy task to mix sustainability, engagement for the environment and luxury & comfort,... but here at Katamama they did it right! The perfect mix, an amazing concept alive fully with all details of design, fabric, attitude in line.
Room decoration give you a warm feeling with enough space for you to relax, work, think, pamper yourself. The absence of plastic, the selection of amenities, the cocktail area... all is there to make you feel at home.
I love this place and cannot wait to be back and feel at home, here in Bali. Great concept, great staff, superb design and architecture, best food in town, best beach club... well difficult to think of staying somewhere else! Thank you.

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
alejandror3591, General Manager at Katamama Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2019

Dear Arnaud,

Thank you for your keen eye in noticing al the details of design, fabric, attitude, decoration, amenities , environment, luxury, comfort, atmosphere, architecture and of curse our warm and professional staff.
You have a very keen eye for things and we love to welcome guests like you.

Reviewed 3 May 2019

I haven't even left yet but I'm so impressed that I had to write this now. This hotel is without a doubt the best hotel I've stayed in (I've had the privilege to stay in luxury hotels across the World).
Everything has been thought about meticulously, even right down to the presentation of the ice for your drinks which is hand cut!
The hotel group is also the first company in Indonesia to be certified as eco-sustainable by the UN.
On arrival at the hotel we were upgraded complimentary to their suite apartments which is out of this world! Your own rooftop overlooking the sea with terrific views of the sunset, complete with rooftop dining table and JACUZZI!
If we hadn't had a complimentary upgrade I would definitely paid full price, it's worth every single penny.
Fish and Deva have been exceptionally wonderful, service is outstanding you genuinely feel like a bonfied rockstar!

Dear Joe,

We love to read lately that so many reviews from our guests mention about our sustainability and all the Do Good that as a company we are doing like to be certified as eco-sustainable by the UN.
Fish and Dewa say hi as I am answering your amazing review.
Hope to welcome you again

Reviewed 2 May 2019

My husband and I COULD NOT HAVE BEEN HAPPIER with our stay at Katamama. The location is great. The grounds are just perfect- fusing both modern and traditional Indonesian architecture and interiors. The vibe is that of "being in the right place"- especially with exclusive access to the PotatoHead Beach Club and their line of restaurants connected to the hotel. Beyond the obvious, what truly made our stay in the staff. Gusna provided exceptional service each morning for breakfast. Carina helped booked restaurants and events. Manager Alejandro basically made our trip in Seminyak. He went above and beyond, providing an itinerary of where to eat, roam and get massages. When I say he went above and beyond, I truly mean it. We felt like we had a life long friend planning our trip! Thank you!!

Date of stay: April 2019
1  Thank julie8525

Dear Julie,

Hope you had a good flight back to LA and I am sure I will have the oportunity to welcome you on many of your future Bali trips ahead, since I was able to see how much you likes this island.
We will always go above and beyond to make your stay pleasant so now you know where to come back on your next Bali trip... I look forward for seeing you both again.

Alejandro R/ GM