Lock in the lowest price from these sites
ZenHotels.com
Hotels.com
Travelocity
All reviews potato head beach club welcome home room bar welcome cocktail island suite rooftop suite priority access minimum spend hotel pool check in process insect repellent a la carte breakfast mini bar little things late check visit bali amazing staff
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 August 2019

This has got to be, by far, the best and most luxurious hotel that I've stayed in within Bali. Check-in was done in the room itself and after a short guidance on all the facilities within the room and hotel, we were offered welcome drinks which we gladly accepted. The welcome drink was prepared in the room itself as they had a full bar within the room (all drinks from the bar after the welcome drink comes at a charge though).

The room was just spotlessly clean. We don't even need to put on our bedroom slippers as the floors felt thoroughly cleaned. The huge bathroom also came with a bathtub and while some of the amenities were not immediately available (due to environmental reasons), they were more than happy to deliver some to your room at your request. The towels were thick and comfortable and also more importantly, clean to the extent it looks as good as new! There is also a big jar of bath salts in the room, so you can have any many baths as you want in the tub.

There is a balcony in our room facing the nearby Mrs Sippy but the soundproofing of the doors were done so well that we weren't able to hear any of that noise once the doors were closed.

Breakfast was served a la carte up to 11.45am which is great for the late risers. You are able to order 6 items per person in total, 4 food items and 2 drinks (which included cold pressed juice options!).

Staying at Katamama also comes with the benefit of booking the daybeds (first row with no obstruction of the sea view) in Potato Head Club with no minimum spend and no time limit.

There was a minor sour note at the end of our stay as we were initially offered complimentary late check-out of 3pm but was denied the late check-out in the morning as they had a last minute booking. Not really their fault but we were kind of disappointed.

Totally looking forward to my next stay in Katamama!

Date of stay: July 2019
alexruedav, General Manager at Katamama Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2019

Dear Guest,

On behalf of all here at Katamama we want to thank you for your detailed review and the time you took to write it.
We think that reviews like such are of great value for future guests to come to us.
We are sorry for the late check out issue and thank you for understanding of the business.
Looking forward to you next stay with us.

Alejandro Rueda

Reviewed 27 August 2019 via mobile

This is luxury at it’s best. The room was extremely spacious with an incredibly large bathroom and outdoor area. The staff was beyond accommodating and friendly. Service was impeccable! The bar in the room was so cool with a built in ice bucket. Best part it’s right across from Potato Head, where you get priority seating. If you’re willing to splurge a little for your stay in Seminayak, this is the place to be.

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Tracy,

Thank you for all your kind words and for reviewing un on this site since we sincerely appreciate it.

Alejandro Rueda

Reviewed 25 August 2019

My review is long in-coming, because I´ve been here a few times and never got around to reviewing it. I come to Bali for business, but I try to stay in a place that has charm, but is also cool and has everything I need, service is some of the best I have in Bali and I wouldn´t hesitate to stay here again. Can´t get enough of the bar in my room and I can work out on trying to get a 6-pack at the gym, which is small but nice.
I only stay at places that combine great architecture, design and strong values and Katamama is one of those places. Would love bring my friends and enjoy.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank VIVBARON
alexruedav, General Manager at Katamama Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2019

Dear Vivian,

Thank you for your review, we are delighted to see that you likes every single aspect of Katamama.
Please come back with your friends we will look forward to that day.

Alejandro R

Reviewed 25 August 2019

I have been in Bali a few times and had some hit and miss experiences but we lucked upon Katamama from a local recommendation. I loved the sustainability aspect of it, I am also concerned about plastic in the ocean and there’s no single use plastic in the operation. I really appreciated that the concierge service and the personal services were personalized but not over the top, it just felt natural and that’s rarely achieved. The decoration is really beautiful, the Balinese textiles are everywhere in a very elegant way. Feels homey but sophisticated. The rooms quite spacious and really detailed. The breakfast is amazing. It’s a la carte but I could never get bored of it and they fit in all my requirements. Truly great hotel!! Thank you KataMama team and thank you once more for taking care of us so well.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank SurfingBlues

Dear Guest,

We just love to read reviews like yours and to see that we made you feel like home.
Thank you for noticing and mentioning about all our details and our service; things that we are really proud of it.
Thank you once more for your words and please come back soon, we will love to have you back with us.

Alejandro R.

Reviewed 23 August 2019

I was there in early August 2019, and stayed there for two nights. Overall, the facilities are good. What very disappointed and shocked me is the staff there. My new bottle of Kerastase hair essence went missing on the first day. I put it next to the wash basin and it went missing after housekeeping. I called the staff and reported missing. However, they did nothing about it, no feedback and even not apologized. I asked them again when I checked out, and they told me that their staff didn't see it... I was shocked! A hotel let staff stealing from customers, is the worst hotel. I will never go back to Katamama.

Room tip: staff steals

Dear Guest,

It is a misfortune that the misplacement of the hair product marred your experience with us.
Maybe on your next bali trip you will reconsider to stay with us again please let us know since we would love to have a special attention with you.

Alejandro R