“Friendly People”

Kamuela Villas Seminyak
Ranked #53 of 411 Speciality Lodging in Seminyak
“Friendly People”
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

This was the first time coming into Bali! I was kind of nervous going into Bali but when stepping off the plane from the first second we met our driver from Kamuela Villa I felt at ease! Everyone that works at Kamuela Villa is just so sweet and generous they will do everything in their power to make your stay the most happy experience! I can't thank them enough for making my first ever experience at bali an amazing one to remember! If your booking a holiday at Bali make sure you stay Kamuela Villa!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Kamuela V, Manager at Kamuela Villas Seminyak, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear Priscilla G,

Thank you very much for the high credit that given to the hospitality of our entire team member at Kamuela Villas Seminyak.
Our staff stand in the right direction to deliver genuine services to make your stay a memorable one. We are all here because of our guest and our guest satisfaction is our first concern.

Thank you very much for recommending Kamuela Villas Seminyak. We look forward to welcoming you back to our deluxe property.

Warmest Regards,

Ketut Sudirman

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Indonesian first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Overall stay was great! The people who work here are amazing kind hearted people. They deserve much more than they get. We had a nice and peaceful stay. Location is convenient and in close range to lots of activities and shops. The courtesy bus really helped us get around and the bus drivers were very patient. The rooms are always clean and the breakfast service was great. The people are always happy and greet us with such warmth. I can't thank the people enough in kamuela villa for making our first trip to bali so easy and enjoyable. Would recommend!

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Taylorsmythh,

Wow.... thank you very much for your great review.
Our commitment is to constantly provide high quality service to exceed our guest expectation.

We look forward to serving you again at our deluxe property.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

This is our first trip to Bali, We booked through flight centre on a package deal for 4 nights here in the Kamuela Villa's and we are sad to be checking out today.

The staff have been amazing, very attentive, and always friendly and smiling.
We stayed in Villa 11, and on arrival were greeted with welcome drinks, trails of frangipani flowers to the bed, heart shaped rose petals on the bed, rose petals in the bath and a lovely honeymoon cake..

Now I know Bali is classed as a 3rd world country but this was luxury accommodation...
Marble tiles, beautiful decor, fabulous paintings, TV, DVD player, self contained kitchen, huge comfy bed, airy spacious and light..

This one bedroom villa is the perfect getaway from the world, but right next door to the main streets for shopping and dining..
The pool is beautiful, and right outside the many doors leading from the kitchen, lounge room or jump straight in from the front gate :)
Only draw back if your highly bothered by trivial space related issues is that there are no lounges next to the pool, but are located via a spiral staircase to a private roof top area
(it's metal but if you wear your thongs, no burnt feet)
It could do with some more regular cleaning (some bird poo etc) but the staff do an excellent job of trying to keep us fussy westerners happy that maybe we detract from extra maintenance??

We did have a minor issue with hot water, but the staff were very quick to fix this and very apologetic for an issue that was not their fault!!!

Would highly recommend
Terima Kasih

• Stayed May 2014
Dear JenniDan,

I'm very delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us for your honeymoon. We would like to thank you very much for the high credit that given to the hospitality of our team members. They stand in the right direction to constantly provide high quality service to exceed guest expectation.

We look forward to serving you again at our deluxe property.

australia
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I stayed at these villas while waiting for my family to arrive, I stayed in Villa number 6, one bedroom, i was on my own and had a wonderful quiet time to my self,
the villa is a lot bigger than i imagined on the website and was happily suprised,
for 7 years old I guess they are looking a little "old" in side, they just need a few paint jobs maybe,
They were very clean, my pool was lovely , blue and great size, the sun came over during the day, I loved the roof top area too, a little too hot of course in the middle of the day , there was a lovely shaded area upstairs to eat your breakfast and afternoon tea.
The staff were amazing and the food fantastic, breakfast was enough to keep some for lunch too, i was driven every day to a nearby area of seminyak or legian .
I can not wait to go back and stay there again.
Thank so much to all staff .

Room Tip: i stayed in number 6 villa, didnt get to see any others, lovely and quiet.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Dear Ellen4,

Thank you for sharing your review on trip advisor for your recent stay with us at Kamuela Villas Seminyak.
I'm very happy to hear that you really enjoy your stay with us. Our staff deliver genuine service to make your stay a wonderful one. Our guest satisfaction is our top priority goal.
Yes... our property was seven years old and we keep maintain the cleanliness by doing repainting the wall and now we just replace our long chairs with the synthetic rattan and of course doing regular maintenance to ensure the villa look clean & fresh and keep delivering high quality service to exceed our guest expectation.

We look forward to serving you again when the trip bring you to Bali.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 18 April 2014

We stayed here for our honeymoon for a week in villa 11.The first thing I'd like to state is that the staff are amazing and deserve a much bigger amount of money than they probably get paid. These people are beautiful inside and out.

We got complimentary drinks but no massage on arrival which was disappointing as we had been delayed 7 hours.

I asked for a few special requests as it was my Honeymoon which they fulfilled with rose petals walking into the villa, in the bath and a honeymoon cake. 1 thing I'm really not sure about was the honesty of 1 of my requests which was a bottle of Champagne. I asked for a bottle on arrival and the bottle to be no more than $50, they charged me exactly $50! I expect every business to want to make profit but to change me exactly $50 what I said my maximum price was was a bit suss. Also we arrived at 11.50pm due to being delayed 8 hours so in the end we didn't drink the Champagne on the second to last day I asked at reception if we could just give the unopened bottle back and to knock it off the final bill. I was told if was a special bottle which was bought especially for me so it couldn't be refunded. To cut a long story short I'm not sure the honesty in the management of the business is 100% as I don't think I'm the first person to ask for a bottle of champagne and I don't think I'll be the last.

The villa location is fantastic once you get your bearings. The only thing not appealing about the location is the villas actually being located up a dirt track, which in any other country you would probably look up and think it looked unsafe to walk through at night. I suppose this is normal in Bali!

The villa itself was lovely actually inside but some sure signs of low to no maintenance. One of the things we didn't like was the fact you couldn't sunbathe next to the pool,you had to walk up a metal stair case onto a terrace actually on top of your villa. We spent no time at all up here as it was to hot to not be next to the pool and very unclean. There was bird poo actually all over the floor. The door was hanging off close to the BBQ area also. And no lighting at all. As I said there's just massive lack of maintenance.

Overall I don't think this 1 bed villa is worth over $200 per night. My thoughts would of been much different if I'd of paid $100 per night and could lie by my pool just like being on holiday!

The breakfast choice was fantastic and beautiful. Room service was also good!

Room Tip: Get the 2 bed villa
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank emmaandshane
Kamuela V, Manager at Kamuela Villas Seminyak, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Dear Emmaandshane,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience on trip advisor.
I'm very happy to hear that you have an amazing honeymoon during your stay with us. Our team member has delivered the genuine services to make your stay a memorable one.

Regarding the champagne, frankly speaking actually we do not selling champagne on our daily operation but our team are very willing to accommodate all of our guest request. Since this champagne order was for your honeymoon so we decide to buy a good quality of champagne as per you budget. This is your special event and we would like to provide the special item as well. we do not expect a big profit from this arrangement. Our goal is to maximize in accommodating our guest request to exceed their expectation.

And for the long chairs by the pool for sun bathing I'm pleased to inform you that we have 6 unit of one bed room villa in which three of them with long chairs by the pool and the others with out long chairs by the pool due to the limited space by the pool. To anticipate your comment regarding the very hot at the long chairs on roof top, we'll set up more plants for greenery as well.
Once again , thank you for sharing your comments and we look forward to serving you again at our deluxe property.

Albany, Western Australia, Australia
Reviewed 31 March 2014

We stayed March 2014, as a couple, in Villa 10; and after numerous trips to Bali this was our first time in a villa. I think we’ll stick to hotels. I missed the interaction with others and the buffet breakfasts, however I don’t miss the “baggsing” of sunbeds. So many hotel patrons place their towels on a sunbed at breakfast and don’t seem to return for ages. I figured a villa would avoid this. Unfortunately villa 10 has no sunbeds by the pool, they’re upstairs, up a hot metal staircase, and while you’re climbing the steps, you can see straight into the villa next door (oh dear).

And the pool was red, a red-tiled pool! For me, pools should be blue, no other colour.
The plumbing, water pressure and temperature all worked well; the air con worked well, the bed was comfy; the wifi and tv worked well; the room layout was good and the staff helpful. There was some wear and tear noticed, but we’ve come to accept this in Bali, given the constant humidity and dampness.

One particular quirk was the toilet door - completely glass! Why?

We got our complimentary massage and daily afternoon tea and we also used the complimentary air conditioned shuttle (however it only went as far as Legian). The location down a rough gravelly road, although not too far to walk, was annoying. And Seminyak definitely has a different kind of shop to Kuta or Legian, much more upmarket, you don’t get hasselled so much and there isn’t the mass of ‘same’ products.

Overall, mostly good points; some not so good points.

Room Tip: The villas are on each side of the road, which, if you're on the opposite side to reception, you...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed here 3 nights from Oct 20 2013 in villa 6 or 8 (i cant remember presicely) right across the reservation building. We had a great time in Kamuela villa. Rooms were spacious.. living room n dining room were separated with the master bedroom.. dining room n bedroom overview the pool.. bathroom were spacious too, connected to outdoor area n pool.. there was even rooftop area.. Breakfast was good and come in big portion. Very fast wifi connection.. romantic ambience.. great location too.. many shops and restaurants around.. walking distance to Rumours.. my fav italian resto.. I would love to come back here again someday..

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Kamuela V, Manager at Kamuela Villas Seminyak, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Dear Atilla M,

Thank you very much for sharing your review on Trip advisor. I'm very happy to hear that you had a great time during your stay with us at Kamuela Villas Seminyak. You have share your holiday experiences with us all the way from breakfast, services and facilities which make your holiday a memorable one.
Our commitment is to constantly provide high quality service to exceed our guest expectation and satisfaction .

We look forward to serving you again when the trip bring you to Bali.

Warmest Regards,

Ketut Sudirman
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seminyak
Daluman Villas
#24 of 411 in Seminyak
The Seiryu Villas
The Seiryu Villas
#36 of 411 in Seminyak

Been to Kamuela Villas Seminyak? Share your experiences!