I totally enjoyed my experience at Tulamben Dive and Spa Resort. If you want to totally get away from the hustle and bustle of Kuta then this is the place to be. When I arrived at the airport the friendly driver was waiting to pick me up; It's about a 3.5 hour scenic car trip from Denpasar to Tulamben. The rooms are very comfortable and tastefully decorated in traditional Balinese style with teak wood furnishings. The beds are very comfortable and all linen is of a high standard.
The resort has a nice family feel about it and we were made to feel very welcome by the owner Suci as well as the staff, who really went out of their way to make sure we were having an enjoyable stay. The diving was exceptional and my dive instructor Dede made every effort to ensure our dives were safe as well as enjoyable. The variety and number of tropical fish was amazing and the great thing is it's all just out the front of the resort - you don't have to take boat anywhere. The USS Liberty wreck dive was my favorite, this was a WWII cargo ship that was sunk, then brought ashore but subsequently slid back into the ocean when the volcano erupted in 1963. Other dives include the Coral Garden, as well as the Drop Off - both terrific dive experiences.
If you're into mountain climbing there is a dormant volcano nearby which you can climb. Be prepared to get up early though (or not go to bed at all) as you leave at 12 midnight in order to get to the summit by sunrise. It's 3,500 meters up so bring warm clothes as well as proper hiking boots.
The meals were great value, we ate from the Balinese menu and it was delicious.
We also enjoyed the spa; the hour long facial is a must, as is the massage. The girls are very professional and well trained and it was a wonderful experience.
All in all I can't wait to get back to this resort. Nice accommodations, great food, spectacular diving and a wonderfully relaxing spa - and all very affordable. I will definitely be returning on my next visit to Bali.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With direct access to the beach, Matahari Tulamben Dive Resort & SPA offers an outdoor pool and a restaurant with stunning ocean views. Free Wifi Hotspot. The Dive Center provides convenient access to the Coral Garden and only 5 minutes walk to the USAT Liberty Wreck. Enjoy relaxing massages and beauty treatments in the lovely SPA.The homely Balinese-style rooms are all with private bathroom and equipped with either air conditioning or a fan. The low cost standard rooms have only cold water.The resort offers free parking, motorbike rental and laundry service as well as a tour desk for trip planning (included climbing).Enjoy breakfast, lunch and dinner at beach restaurant, which serves appetising Seafood, Balinese Specialities, Indonesian and International cuisine.Transfer time from Ngurah Rai International Airport to Tulamben is 2,5 hrs and is available for a fee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Matahari Tulamben Resort, Dive & SPA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Matahari Tulamben Hotel Tulamben
- Matahari Hotel Tulamben
- Matahari Tulamben Hotel Bali
- Matahari Tulamben Resort, Dive & SPA Bali