This place has the best prices for diving (150k rent material + 250k per dive, if you do more dives you get discounts, consider the unlimited package if you are a diving freak like many people here). If you have your own equipment, it's even cheaper. They give you nitrox for free, if you have a nitrox certification.
Location: the hotel is located directly in front of "coral garden" (we did some snorkelling: amazing and also a night dive). To go to the USAT Liberty wreck you need to walk about 5 minutes on the right.
Staff and dive guided: VERY FRIENDLY. They sing, smile and entertain, we really enjoyed the people here!
Restaurant: very good, we had our breakfasts, lunches, and dinners only here. Totally satisfied besides the price a bit higher compared to Warungs if you travel on budget.
Spa: we had reflexology for 30 mins each and we enjoyed it.
The resort itself is ok (nothing special, a bit old/not maintained... swimming pool not inviting...). The location is nothing special (just a few shops, a few dive centers and restaurants nearby) but if you are here it's probably for diving.
We just did snorkelling on the 1s day, 2 dives the next day and stayed an extra day to relax. It's not the perfect placer to relax. Thus if you are a couple looking also for that, consider a better maintained resort (maybe a bit more expensive).
Feedback to owner: put mosquito nets.
Feedback for customer: bring mosquito repellent for the night...
Transport to airport or to other places (we went to Lovina): the hotel will provide, but it's more expensive than using alternatives you can google around. Search e.g. Tulamben transport or similar, you can easily save 200k just with a phone call.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With direct access to the beach, Matahari Tulamben Dive Resort & SPA offers an outdoor pool and a restaurant with stunning ocean views. Free Wifi Hotspot. The Dive Center provides convenient access to the Coral Garden and only 5 minutes walk to the USAT Liberty Wreck. Enjoy relaxing massages and beauty treatments in the lovely SPA.The homely Balinese-style rooms are all with private bathroom and equipped with either air conditioning or a fan. The low cost standard rooms have only cold water.The resort offers free parking, motorbike rental and laundry service as well as a tour desk for trip planning (included climbing).Enjoy breakfast, lunch and dinner at beach restaurant, which serves appetising Seafood, Balinese Specialities, Indonesian and International cuisine.Transfer time from Ngurah Rai International Airport to Tulamben is 2,5 hrs and is available for a fee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and LateRooms so you can book your Matahari Tulamben Resort, Dive & SPA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Matahari Tulamben Hotel Tulamben
- Matahari Hotel Tulamben
- Matahari Tulamben Hotel Bali
- Matahari Tulamben Resort, Dive & SPA Bali