It is my second time here, and I'm bringing four friends over to get their OWC cert with Matahari. We stayed in Matahari for a total of 4d3n while they get certified as new divers by end of the trip. One important figure of the resort is the owner, Suci, who replies your email promptly and personally. This reassured me that someone will be there to pick us up when we arrive and rooms will be ready upon our check-in. Especially that Tulamben is remote, and is three-hours drive away from Dempasar airport.
We are a group of 6 who stayed in their superior and standard room. The room is basic, equipped with a comfortable bed, a safe box, and aircon (superior)/ fan (standard). It is not fanciful, but definitely satisfy all basic needs (especially a clean bathroom equipped with hot shower). The staff cleans your room everyday whenever you leave your keys with the reception before you go for your dives, and thoughtfully replaces the bottled water in the room.
The cafe is situated facing the sea and he dive center. It is definitely a good place to relax during your surface intervals. It faces a good view of sunrise and moonrise!!! Friendly staff who serves you promptly, and food is rather good! You can just make a note to the staff of your room number and they will charge it to your room directly. This saves us a lot of trouble to return to room to get cash inbetween or after dives!
This place is a treasure for divers! Though facilities may not be fanciful, the service and sincerity from the Balinese exceeds its shortcomings.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With direct access to the beach, Matahari Tulamben Dive Resort & SPA offers an outdoor pool and a restaurant with stunning ocean views. Free Wifi Hotspot. The Dive Center provides convenient access to the Coral Garden and only 5 minutes walk to the USAT Liberty Wreck. Enjoy relaxing massages and beauty treatments in the lovely SPA.The homely Balinese-style rooms are all with private bathroom and equipped with either air conditioning or a fan. The low cost standard rooms have only cold water.The resort offers free parking, motorbike rental and laundry service as well as a tour desk for trip planning (included climbing).Enjoy breakfast, lunch and dinner at beach restaurant, which serves appetising Seafood, Balinese Specialities, Indonesian and International cuisine.Transfer time from Ngurah Rai International Airport to Tulamben is 2,5 hrs and is available for a fee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Ebookers, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Matahari Tulamben Resort, Dive & SPA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Matahari Tulamben Hotel Tulamben
- Matahari Hotel Tulamben
- Matahari Tulamben Hotel Bali
- Matahari Tulamben Resort, Dive & SPA Bali