My brother and I have just returned from my second stay at the Liberty Dive Resort, and although I have only been to Tulumben twice, both my brother and I wouldn't stay anywhere else. Recommend to us by an friend who not only was a keen diver, but had stayed at numerous hotels in Tulumben.
The Resort is perfectly situated just a hundred meter walk to the USAT Liberty Wreck and only a short drive and/ or boat ride to some awesome diving locations. This year my brother and I dived for 6 days, and had Esen as our dive guide for all 18 dives, and last year for our 9 dives we had Agus. Both amazing guides and wonderful ambassadors for the waters they dive in. We would discuss each following days plans with them and wherever we wanted to dive was no problem (barring.issues created by mother nature) and all transport arrangements ran like clockwork.
The front office staff lead by resort manager Wayan were first class. We dealt a lot with Ady on the front desk, and nothing was ever too much trouble, and while he's was extremely professional, we were able to forge a wonderful friendship with him
The rooms are more than comfortable, good air conditioning and comfy beds. While there are no tv's in the rooms, I did not miss being cut off from tv. The rooms had wifi access and I was able to communicate to my family in Perth via my ipad.
I never had a dud meal in the resorts restaurant, although I did not stray from the Indonesian cuisine and cannot comment on their western food, except for breakfast which is adequate. The beef rendang is a standout dish.
The girls and guys who ran the restaurant were all absolutely awesome. They are all so happy and genuinely friendly people. We had lots of fun as they tried in vain to teach us Indonesian.
All in all, when I departed the hotel i almost felt like I was leaving friends, and am planning with my brother our next stay back at the Liberty
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dive Resort in the heart of Tulamben, Bali. Close to the USAT Liberty Shipwreck. We have 32 clean air-conditioned rooms ranging from Standard Resort Rooms through Deluxe, Family & Luxury Garden Cottages, all with ensuite bathrooms. Three large swimming pools in a quiet garden setting. New large restaurant and dive preparation areas. Join our Underwater Photo friendly dive guides to see and photograph the best of Tulamben's dive sites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and Hotel.de so you can book your Liberty Dive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Liberty Dive Hotel Tulamben
- Liberty Dive Resort Tulamben, Bali