“Great dive centre and good for relaxing”

Liberty Dive Resort
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Tulamben
Hobart, Australia
“Great dive centre and good for relaxing”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

We have just had 4 days at Liberty Dive Resort during which time my husband completed an advanced open water dive course. The training was very professional and fun and was one on one which was great. I'm not a diver and do not snorkel but was content to laze around the two pools one of which was well shaded. Good range of food and wine by the glass available for 45000 Rp. Massage for 10000 Rp for an hour.
If you are looking for white beaches and/or shopping then Tulamben is not for you. But for diving its excellent and if one of you is a non diver who is happy to be in and out of a lovely pool and read and relax then you'll have a great time. There is no TV and wifi can be a big patchy but this adds to the atmosphere and the relaxation. We'll definitely come back. Both enjoyed it for different reasons.

Room Tip: We had a delux garden room which was lovely. King bed and coffee table and chairs inside as well as...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank leonjane

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 4 June 2014

It is my first time to visit Bali and luckily can find out a perfect place (liberty resort ) for my holiday. I and my friend was very enjoyable and happy on this trip, we stayed 7 days on this liberty resort and enjoy with every diving trip,

Especially thanks for the diving guide, his name is " Nyoman ", He is professional and share a lot of knowledge about the marine species, I can say he is No.1, He always can find out some special species during the diving in tulamben. So if anyone want to find out a guide with you, i must 100% recommend ' Nyoman ' to anyone,
Moreover, i hope Nyoman can to be a diving instructor very soon, Because he is very great and no doubt of his marine knowledge and his professional.

On these 7 days, i tried their lunch and dinner, i love it , the taste is good and all staff was so friendly and always smile to us, i was so happy to stay here.

I must come back on next year and will recommend all visitor if they wanna a Second home in tulamben.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Returned to Liberty for the 4rth time and actually extended my stay to two weeks. Once again the staff welcomed me and looked after me on my stay. The resort is growing almost each visit and the service provided is warm and good. Diving is easy with Liberty and I am happy that I can get the same guide every time I visit as I have become good friends with him. The wifi is sometimes limited but that is more an issue with the area than with LDR and was good enough to keep in touch with home. Food is good and the restaurant staff are exceptional and friendly. I would highly recommend Liberty Dive Resort if you are visiting the area. Cant wait to come back.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Mick E
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

I didnt stayed in liberty dive resort but my friends and i were diving with them. Staffs are friendly and price for diving is reseasonable. They can tailor-made / arrange small group for diving and provide us two diving masters for four divers. Diving schedule is totally flexible. They provide free pick-up if you are diving with them or having dinner in their restaurant. Staffs in the restaurant are friendly and smart. Food are much much better than Ocean View Dive Resort or Siddhartha Dive resort. The pre-order chicken and fried calamari are absoutely the best in tulamben.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 4 May 2014

What really let LDR down was the food at the restaurant. Breakfast was included with our stay which was ok but the meals themselves were a real let down. It felt like it was slapped together without any care. Given there isnt a lot close by this became an inconvenience.
The accommodation itself borders on good however there was a musky smell from the bathroom.
I'm not sure if i would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Chetwynd, Canada
Reviewed 30 April 2014

This is clean, accommodating resort that offers great shore dives. We stayed two nights here in their large, AC family room with hot water and a safe. The balcony overlooking the pool was great. Make sure you close your bathroom's curtain or you'll give the corridor a show!

On-site restaurant is good value with ample choices for all diets and preferences.

Diving the Tulamben Wreck was great! After some prompting, Evan took us a bit deeper than the wreck so we could see pygmy seahorses! The rental equipment was adequate, free nitrox - though the shop boys were lazy adequately testing it. The dive guide we had was indifferent and poorly described AWESOME sites. Luckily he made up for this by being a great finder underwater.

Driver Ketut was good value for a day trip south to Lembongan ferry point. Stops at various temples. He was a bit standoff-ish with us when we rejected his suggest pricey lunch spot that he likely received a commission from.

I would dive and stay here again, being more picky about dive guides.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Brisbane
Reviewed 30 April 2014

We stayed for two nights as my husband was taking his Advanced Open Water course. Like other reviews, we booked directly through their website and corresponded via email to arrange everything. Our driver was waiting for us when we landed and stopped on the way up to Tulamben to visit a temple.

We cannot fault the resort or staff at all. The food was delicious; the villa was cute and had great AC; the pool was nice and the diving was great. The dive guides (Jink and Eka) were great and allowed us to dive on our schedule not theirs- not something you will get at other dive places around the world.

I would totally recommend the resort for anyone looking for a peaceful dive getaway that runs on your schedule. Cannot wait to go back :)

Room Tip: We paid extra for the villa which was worth it....and by extra I think it was $10 a night!!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tulamben
Matahari Tulamben Resort, Dive & SPA
#8 of 12 in Tulamben
Baliku Dive Resort
Baliku Dive Resort
#3 of 18 in Amed

Been to Liberty Dive Resort? Share your experiences!