Lowest prices for your stay
US$57
Agoda.com
US$45
PricelineUS$53
Travelocity
All reviews dive resort rooms are huge main reasons rocky beach fish wreck gear sea pebble rocks spotter critters
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 August 2016

We decided to come back here having enjoyed our stay last time and now wow! the resort is so much bigger with actually another large pool and many more rooms but we still had a great stay, loved the new pool and the kids rented flippers etc and had so much fun! We tried out the restaurant in the evening and all had a good dinner which came together so big improvement on before and breakfast was good and made to order! We didn't have long enough but will come back next time for longer for sure!

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 20 August 2016 via mobile

There are just 8 deluxe rooms and 1 suite. So it is not crowded what we enjoyed.
Our cottage had sea and pool sight right in front of us; number 6.
The room was clean, good bed and a the shower was ok.
The restaurant is not so bad as some reviews mentioned. Breakfast and lunch are well prepared. Mie goreng we ate 3 times for breakfast was delicious.
Staff is friendly and the prices are fair.
The diving school is ok. They have sometimes not enough english speaking staff there when you want to ask a question. Diving was good had 3 dives and the liberty wreck is someting special. They are cheap especially for your padi course.
The spa is professional, trained staff and well priced.
Tulamben is a sleeping village compared to Amed. So make a trip to Amed in 40min.
Recommand this resort.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2016

Spent 3 nights here and took an advanced open water/nitrox course. Great location for shore dives, pleasant hotel staff, good service, rooms are spacious and clean. My wife and son went snorkelling while I did my dives, and I was appreciative of the folks at the house dive centre who spent extra time with my son and made sure they had a good experience. My dives were great for the most part. Made is the dive instructor and I highly recommend him. He is very calm, clear and professional. I appreciated his guidance and being able to point out some magical marine treasures, like a ribbon eel, beautiful nudibranches and a precious pygmy seahorse.

The only negative was a disappointing night dive. It was my first night dive and I was excited about it. Unfortunately the dive guide (who was a junior guide and not Made who couldn't make it) gave me a ridiculously small torch to use. I was puzzled by this when the dive centre had several proper dive torches. So visibility was really poor and I had to depend on a buddy's torch to see things. Not ideal. Plus we ended the dive relatively early--I still had quite a bit of air in my tank. I couldn't see much anyway.

Despite the night dive, I enjoyed my stay and the course. I recommend it for serious divers. It's a good base for nearby dive sites as well.

Room tip: Worth it to get a suite closer to the ocean. The restaurant staff are happy to deliver food to your room too.
Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 19 July 2016 via mobile

Cozy place, very friendly personel, the resort is clean and pretty. Location is right down to the water where you can both snorkel and scuba dive the coral reefs that are only few meters from shore. The food in restaurant is good and the selection quite big. Would go again.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 June 2016 via mobile

Stayed with 8 other divers for 2nights...convenient location to the USS Liberty shipwreck and pleasant stay indeed. Fresh linens each day knowing divers constantly are wet for each dive. Food is just average didn't expect too much from Tulamben. Would recommend to friends.

Date of stay: June 2016