“Great dives at USAT Liberty and Drop-Off”

Ocean Sun Dive Center
More attraction details
Owner description: Dive Resort with 10 Bungalows in a beautiful garden, Restaurant, Pool and Free Wifi close to the famous Wreck in Tulamben Bali.We offer daily dives, dive course, techniqual diving and Tours in Bali.
Reviewed 12 November 2013

My wife and I had just one day of diving at Tulamben with Ocean Sun, but it was worth it.

We did an early morning dive at the wreck (in the water around 6:30 a.m.) and then there were not many other divers around. We saw the group of Bumpheads that stay there overnight, saw a turtle munching away on algae at the wreck, a big grouper, ... amongst all the other fish inhabiting the area around the wreck.
At the Drop-Off we saw a couple of frogfish, leaf scorpionfish, an octopus, etc.

We were just 3 divers plus guide (sorry, forgot the name). Our guide was very patient when my wife had troubles with pressure balance/ equalizing and pointed out lots of small critters/ stuff, we otherwise would have missed. The equipment is in good shape, atmosphere is relaxed and Ric is very co-operative in accomodating his guest wishes and concerns.

Reviewed 26 May 2013 via mobile

We did two dives on the Liberty with Ocean Sun. They are fantastically cheap! The equipment is ok and the dive guide to punter ratio good 4:1.

The Liberty seemed completely overated as one of the best in the world. Its a nice dive but not that special, many in the Red Sea and the Yongala are superior. However maybe it had an off day with us!

Our only complaint was the dive guide finished each dive on 60mins and we still had half a tank of exploring left. Still you get a very good deal for what you pay.

1  Thank MrDMiles
Reviewed 13 May 2013

After 15 months in BALI I finally decided to pass my OWD, upon the recomendation of one my friend I contact Ricardo.
in just 2 emails everything was fixed, transportation, accommodation, course and even a german barbecue on saturday night.
Ricardo and Roby are very good teachers and don't push you over your limits. taking the time to explain and check that tou are at your ease after each dive/course.
The place is very clean, the equipments are in very good condition and the restaurant is a great surprise, with a large menu covering asian and european taste.
The bungalows are nice and the pool has a good size for the lesson but also for swimming with a fantastic view on the volcano.
Once more I would like to thanks Ricardo and his team for the great job and the nice, relaxing atmosphere

Reviewed 8 September 2012

I have just completed my OWD at the Ocean Sun dive center. My overall experience could not have been better. Friends recommended the diving school to me and after I arrived in Bali, Ric helped to organize everything for me.

He organized a transport to tulamben for a very good price and found a place for me to stay during the OWD course.

Ric was also my instructor and I felt very comfortable to learn diving from him. You can tell how passionate he is about diving. He is a very relaxed and highly experienced teacher. He teaches in very small groups so he has enough time to focus on your individual needs.

Ocean sun is in walking distance to the coral garden, the wall and the liberty wreck. I am convinced there is no better place to learn or go diving.

The place felt like home to me. At the end of the day everyone meets in the very good restaurant to chat or play some games in a laid back, relaxed atmosphere. For a beginner like me it was a great opportunity to talk and learn from more experienced divers.

I recommend this place to everyone who wants to go diving in Bali. Ric is an incredible guide and teacher. I will definately come back to make my AOWD here!

Reviewed 28 June 2012

My girl-friend and me spent three weeks of our anual vacation in Bali at Ricardo's dive base "Ocean Sun". Ric and his team were recommended by some friends who have been there for several times already.

In this report I will try to be short and precise. This is not an easy task and I have to be careful not to sound too enthusiastic about the wonderful time we spent there :)

For our trip we only booked our flights. Airport pick-up and acommodation was organized by Ric and was just perfect!

Diving: Ric's staff is well trained and they know what they are doing. If you plan to go diving just tell them and within 5 minutes your gear is ready to go. Ok, you still need to get dressed by yourself. Three great dive locations (Liberty Wreck, Coral Garden and Drop-off "The Wall") are in walking distance from the base. The gear is transported by local "porters" to the spot indicated before. By boat three more nice spots can be easily reached. The boats are also in walking distance (at the entry Drop-off).

You can choose to dive with a guide, a buddy or alone.

The guides are easy to dive with, they care about the underwater life and show you little and big things. Also the gear for rent is well maintained as well as the rest of the base.

Tourism: Beside diving, Ric does also a great job in organizing tours to Bali's attractions. Volcanoes, Villages, Water falls, Markets, typical dances and more.

Dining: This is the third thing worth to mention. Directly behind Ric's base they set up a restaurant. You can get typical Indonesian as well as some German food as well as burgers. Try out the "Curry" and enjoy the wonderful view to the Gunung Agung, Bali's highest volcano.

Thanks to Ric and his team we enjoyed our stay very much! Thank you Ric & team!