“don't just dive the wreck.....”

USS Liberty Shipwreck
US$55.00*
Snorkeling Package at Tulamben USAT Liberty Shipwreck
Ranked #1 of 20 things to do in Tulamben
More attraction details
Owner description: The USS Liberty Wreck is the most famous dive site in Bali. It is also one of the best sunken ship wrecks in the world! If you come to Bali, you absolutely have to dive there The liberty ship was hit by a Japanese torpedo then was beached near Tulamben. In 1963, the eruption of Mount Agung caused the vessel to slip off the beach, and it now lies on a sand slope in 9 to 30 m of water.The wreck is about 130 m long with the shallowest part at about 5 m deep and the deepest on the other side of the wreck at about 30 m deep.
Reviewed 29 November 2013

Whilst the wreck is very interesting, the reef has its own treasures - it appears to be a space many (unique?) critters live, coming out early evening (when we dived) - keep your camera handy (how I wished I'd had mine!)

Write a ReviewReviews (1,434)

Reviewed 25 November 2013

There are amazing coral reefs in the wreck. Other creations around such as tiny subjects, colorful fishes, turtle are beautiful. In short, awesome dive. Remember that you should come here early in morning or late in evening. The area are always crowded.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

Saw a gigantic Napoleon fish during my dive. The fish was so used to the diver that he actually waited until he saw the flash from the camera and swiftly swam away.. That was my first shipwreck dive and definitely the greatest.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

Really good dive spot for all kind of divers,the wreck it self is awesome and there is really much stuff to check out.we stayed really near the wreck and did lots of dives there.from early morning to night dives.really worth to check out!!

Reviewed 18 November 2013

I won't repeat much of the list of good thigs about this dive - just do it and do it a few times. Very early morning is my favourite time; night dives here are super.

After you do the wreck once or twice, tell your guide you don't want to do the wreck but rather the surrounding areas. You enter and exit in the same place, but you spend your time muck diving. I had some of my best dives down the slope just before the wreck and slightly deeper than the wreck. Tons to see and discover and you likely won't see other divers anywhere near you. On my next trip to Tulamben I might do the wreck itself, but I know for sure I'll do a couple of dives just off it.