“Amazing Once-In-A-Lifetime Experience”

Baruna Dive Center Tulamben
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Baruna Tulamben is the second office of Baruna, the first one being in Amed. Baruna is located in the centre of the village of Tulamben on the beautiful north east coast of Bali only 2 hours drive from the airport. This area is famous for it’s relaxed charm and natural beauty. The diving in this area is truly world class. The incredible biodiversity and richness of the marine life draws divers from all over the globe. The dive sites are very varied, from deep walls with pelagics to some of the best muck diving in the world, not to mention the famous U.S.S Liberty wreck. Drawing on years of experience in this area, Baruna offers you all SSI and PADI courses, world class diving with brand new equipment, a personalized service with a maximum of 4 divers/instructor or guide provided by a team that has a deep love for what they do. Come and meet the team. We are always available.
Reviewed 8 November 2014

Made a last-minute trip to Bali and wanted to go scuba diving while there. Researched several dive centers and settled on Baruna Dive Center because of their quick response to my emails and their reviews on Tripadvisor. Have to agree, they were awesome!
I was able to do a day trip from Ubud to go scuba diving. I arranged transportation from Baruna Dive Center and the driver was there to pick me up early in the morning and then bring me back in the afternoon. I believe it was an additional USD $50 roundtrip which isn't bad considering it's about 2.5 hours drive each way.
Our instructor was awesome. She made sure we were all comfortable and understood all the different techniques and procedures as this was my first time scuba diving. First we practiced in the pool on site, then we headed to Tulamben. We first dived around the coral garden where we saw all different types of coral with vibrant colors and a wealth of sea life including clownfish (Nemo). Then we came back up for a break, then headed back to the USAT Liberty shipwreck. This was incredible. The shipwreck is filled with sea life of all kinds. It was truly amazing. We saw all kinds of fish, coral, eels, stingrays, etc. Loved every minute of it. Even though we went around lunchtime, it wasn't overly crowded and still got some great photos. I also traveled by myself and joined a couple on our lessons and the instructor made all of us feel at ease.
Baruna Dive Center is truly professional in their approach, but also friendly and hospitable. I had a great time and would totally recommend it for anyone.

4  Thank dakosh
Antoine M, Manager at Baruna Dive Center Tulamben, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2015

Hi Dakosh!

Thanks for your support and sorry for our late answer.

It was a real pleasure to dive with you.

The Baruna's Team

Reviewed 29 September 2014

My husband and I spent two weeks diving with Antoine and his team in Amed in August 2013. From the moment we arrived, we were welcomed and all our requests to dive specific locations, and to concentrate on the macro life, were accommodated. Between Antoine, Komang and Jonathan, we got to experience the beauty of the world beneath Bali's ocean surface. Mola-Mola, rays, pygmy sea-horses, USAT Liberty in Tulamben by day and night, nudibranchs of all colours and shapes, stunning corals at Blu Hu - a whole new photo album of sea creatures not previously seen were shown to two very experienced divers.
Anyone wanting a safe, well-guided and guaranteed-sighting diving experience in Bali should dive with Baruna. The accommodation offered alongside is top-class as well, considering the low cost of the B&B. Clean and comfortable, hot showers, AC (if you want) and meals, a pool to lounge at after a hard day of diving - what more does one need on a diving holiday?
To the Baruna Team - we were really sad to have to return to Cape Town. You guys were all fantastic and gave us exactly what we wanted from the diving. We hope to be back in Bali in 2015 - and will definitely be looking to dive with you again.

2  Thank Robyn M
Antoine M, Manager at Baruna Dive Center Tulamben, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2015

Hi Robyn,

Thanks for your nice feedback about the Baruna's team.

Than if I well received, we will have the pleasure to see U soon.

Reviewed 28 September 2014

I came to Tulamben to dive the Liberty wreck, and Baruna was an excellent shop to dive with.

For $75 US I got two dives (one wreck, one nearby wall), a free room at the shop in Tulamben, free coffee/tea/soda/water, free underwater photography by the DI, and a chill place to hang out with the great staff. My dives were just me and one of the local instructors, Nady, who is awesome and pointed out lots of creatures, including barracuda, frogfish, and nudibranchs.

I didn't spend much time at the main Baruna dive center in Amed, but I did stop by and it looked really nice. It's nestled in one of the nicer bungalow hotels in Amed (~US$35/night for a large, private, well furnished bungalow).

2  Thank Nathan S

Hi Nathan,

Thanks for your nice feedback about the Baruna's Team.

We are happy to read you liked your diving experience with us.

The baruna's team.

Reviewed 27 September 2014

The dive centre was managed by an enthusiastic team who were very knowledgeable, helpful and accommodating. Apart from an administrative glitch where they had not realised we had already paid for all our dives all went smoothly. The dives were very well managed and we had the good fortune to have the same guide, Komang Silk, for all of them. The dive gear provided was well maintained and we didn't suffer any malfunctions at all.

The dives were sensational, the clear high point being the Liberty wreck night dive - which we did in the evening, as opposed to pre-dawn. Komang's local knowledge was a great help and he had a great sense of humour. Several of the dives were started from the beach, Komang was very helpful with the beach entry. This was a new experience for us, as was the entry from the local fishing boats - which was an experience in itself, again made easy with Komang's help.

We made 7 dives in all over 3 days at Liberty wreck (day and night) and The Wall at Tulamben, the garden eels and pyramid garden at Amed and the Japanese wreck and reef dive at Jelemuk. All in all a memorable experience that we will be looking to going back in the future.

1  Thank vodka_rocks464

Hi Vodka!

Thanks a lot for your support!

We are happy to read you enjoyed to dive with the Baruna's Team.

The Baruna's team