“Baruna is the place to be in Amed!!!”

Baruna Dive Center Tulamben
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Baruna Tulamben is the second office of Baruna, the first one being in Amed. Baruna is located in the centre of the village of Tulamben on the beautiful north east coast of Bali only 2 hours drive from the airport. This area is famous for it’s relaxed charm and natural beauty. The diving in this area is truly world class. The incredible biodiversity and richness of the marine life draws divers from all over the globe. The dive sites are very varied, from deep walls with pelagics to some of the best muck diving in the world, not to mention the famous U.S.S Liberty wreck. Drawing on years of experience in this area, Baruna offers you all SSI and PADI courses, world class diving with brand new equipment, a personalized service with a maximum of 4 divers/instructor or guide provided by a team that has a deep love for what they do. Come and meet the team. We are always available.
Reviewed 19 February 2016

I found Baruna Dive Center via a quick google search. Tons of great reviews popped up on Trip Advisor. After reading so many positive reviews, I looked at their personal website. I liked that they keep their operation small with a few trusted people and small groups. I went in February during their low season and was lucky to get one on one instruction for my Open Water Diver course. My instructor Hector was fantastic. He made me feel comfortable from the beginning, going at my pace as I was ready. I felt safe the entire time and learned a lot of information thanks to his experience. We went on four dives in four different locations in Amed and Tulamben, even seeing the Liberty Wreck for my last dive! We saw a huge variety of marine life, it was really stunning. He also took loads of photos for me to take home, for free. I was lucky to share such an amazing experience with a wonderful instructor. Thank you Hector!!! He has inspired me to continue with my diving career. My eyes have been opened to the wonderful world in the blue. There's no turning back now. :)

3  Thank Erin L

Reviewed 21 January 2015

Most accessible wreck dive I know of. Walk in from the beach to the ship. Dive center clean and neat. Professional staff on hand to assist. Little cafe on site was a treat. Able to nosh between dives.

1  Thank AmericanTourister59
Antoine M, Manager at Baruna Dive Center Tulamben, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2015

Thanks for your comments.

It was a real pleasure to dive with you and we hope to see you again soon for another great diving experience.

The Baruna's Team

Reviewed 8 January 2015

It was my first dive, and it was amazing. My dive instructor Fabian was beyond patient with nervous little-ol'-me, he made me feel safe as he coached us in the pool. Then we went out to the dive site, did two fabulous dives with a short break in-between. The Liberty Wreck was breathtaking. Best of all, Fabian used a little Go-Pro Camera to capture the moments and burned us CDs as a free gift! It was completely worth the time and money, and I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Now I just need to get certified!

2  Thank Emmymarguerite

Hi Emmy!

Thanks a lot for your support.

Now...we are waiting you soon for a next great diving experience.

Fabian

Reviewed 21 December 2014

We booked a day for dive for two people one week in advance, with transport from/to Ubud downtown. We booked through email and confirmation and everything was via email. TWO DAYS before the activity, we contacted them through email, as in Bali we had no other way of communicate, to cancel the booking because we had a situation and we were not able to go there. We had no reply about it and the day of the activity, a driver wake us up at 4 am. I tried to explain to him that we cancelled the activity 2 days ago and he phoned the owner of the center. Then I spoke with that man and all was OK (after a little argue he said I should call, not emailed). Well, we slept until 8 am and when we were having breakfast the driver came to us, in the middle of the breakfast demanding the money of the transportation we didn't realize and calling me that I was a liar because his chief said to him he had no email from me. I said I was not paying anything because I did anything wrong and then he phoned again to the chief, who told me that the driver was demanding him for the price of the transportation he didn't.
Finally I didn't pay but it was a very nasty moment, while we were having the breakfast, and with the staff of the hotel and other guests watching at us because the chief of the center didn't check the email in 48h for possible cancellations.

Very disgusting situation

1  Thank Monroe M
Antoine M, Manager at Baruna Dive Center Tulamben, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2015

Dear Carles,

My name is Nicolas Richer and I'm the new manager of Baruna dive center.

I have just seen your comment about the unacceptable situation you lived with that driver asking you money.

Sorry, please would you accept my apologies?

Regards.
Nicolas

See more reviews
Reviewed 8 November 2014

Made a last-minute trip to Bali and wanted to go scuba diving while there. Researched several dive centers and settled on Baruna Dive Center because of their quick response to my emails and their reviews on Tripadvisor. Have to agree, they were awesome!
I was able to do a day trip from Ubud to go scuba diving. I arranged transportation from Baruna Dive Center and the driver was there to pick me up early in the morning and then bring me back in the afternoon. I believe it was an additional USD $50 roundtrip which isn't bad considering it's about 2.5 hours drive each way.
Our instructor was awesome. She made sure we were all comfortable and understood all the different techniques and procedures as this was my first time scuba diving. First we practiced in the pool on site, then we headed to Tulamben. We first dived around the coral garden where we saw all different types of coral with vibrant colors and a wealth of sea life including clownfish (Nemo). Then we came back up for a break, then headed back to the USAT Liberty shipwreck. This was incredible. The shipwreck is filled with sea life of all kinds. It was truly amazing. We saw all kinds of fish, coral, eels, stingrays, etc. Loved every minute of it. Even though we went around lunchtime, it wasn't overly crowded and still got some great photos. I also traveled by myself and joined a couple on our lessons and the instructor made all of us feel at ease.
Baruna Dive Center is truly professional in their approach, but also friendly and hospitable. I had a great time and would totally recommend it for anyone.

4  Thank dakosh

Hi Dakosh!

Thanks for your support and sorry for our late answer.

It was a real pleasure to dive with you.

The Baruna's Team