“Great experience all the way.”
Review of Bali Dive Quest

Bali Dive Quest
More attraction details
Owner description: Come diving with Bali Dive Quest, we will give you the ultimate dive expierence !
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Being in experienced diver (DM) that already dived quite a few different places with different operators, I can fully recommend this operation.

Only had one day to dive Tulamben, and mainly came because of the USAT LIberty wreck. Should have dedicated a few more days to this sleepy town. Diving in Tulamben is purely shore diving, which was a new experience for me, as I had only dived from boats before.

After checking out all the dive centers in Tulamben, this small, new dive center left the best impression on me. It is a 50/50 ownership between a dutch guy, Sebastian, who is very sympathetic and already lives there for a long time, and an Indonesian, Putu. They both know the dive sites by heart and try their best to point out critters I would swim by without noticing. I was lucky to be there off-season and dive only with the guide and me on all three dives - what a luxury! The prices were very competitive for Bali standards and I was able to do an early-morning dive and a night dive at the wreck, as well as an afternoon dive at the drop-off wall.

P.S.
I am in Gili Trawangan right now, and am very disappointed. Overpriced fixed rates, no discounts for own equipment unless you have full set of equipment from most dive operators (I have all my own equipment, besides a BCD), and the dive sites are nothing special. Gili Trawangan is certification factory; maybe good to do your open water, but not for experienced divers. I can also recommend diving Mimpang, Tepekong and Biaha on the east coast of Bali, although it is rather pricy over there. Nusa Lembongan/Penida is also a must when diving in Bali... Rather go there instead of Trawangan.

Would definitely dive with Bali Dive Quest again when coming to Tulamben!

1  Thank divexsurf

Reviewed 19 October 2013

I have to give Sebastian and putuk a good review here for they gave me 3 dives when and where I wanted with the smallest group imaginable 1 on 1 ! And probably at the cheapest price in Tulamben.

Also I recommend seeing the more recent wreck, in my opinion it's even funnier than the USAT liberty. And bring a camera to it! My only regret in life is not having a picture of me «driving» that boat underwater... (yep only regret in my life)

Reviewed 9 September 2013

The dive center is cool, the wreck and the fishes are incredible and Sebastian,the holland instructor and owner is very nice,funny and good professional! We recomended that place to dive!!

Reviewed 15 August 2013

Diving with Sebastian and Putu was great fun and an amazing experience.

Sebastian is a dive instructor with specialisation in makro-diving. He finds the smallest lifeforms - he showed us many many little animals living in corals, sponges, anemones .... also many pygmy seehorses :-). He opened up a new little world for us. We will never forget our common adventures under water. He also showed us divesites around Tulamben, where we met sharks, turtles and barracudas.

Sebastian and Putu took good care of us, so that we always felt secure - so it was easy for us to enjoy the dives. The equipment, with which we dived, was brandnew.

Bali Divequest enabled us to dive our quest: we chose the divespots and time. Whenever we asked for special animals, Sebastian and Putu knew, where to go. Luck also was on our side - we saw all we wanted to see.

Calculating price-outcome with the outstanding guiding (care, knowledge), super equipment and the experienced marine life, it's the best diving center, we have been to.

Putu is also a guide over water - he showed us beautiful places and temples and tells us about life in Bali, cultural background and a hindu story. So bombard this friendly person with questions. I bet he can answer.

Sebastian and Putu helped us to plan our ongoing trip. They picked us up and brought us to our next stop in Bali.

We really enjoyed diving with you!! We'd love to come back soon. Thank you for everything!
Yours, Patricia and Christoph (Austria)

Reviewed 23 July 2013

After diving with Sebastian in Komodo N.P. for a couple of times; I was fortunate enough to experience his professionalism as a dive guide again but this time to explore the reefs of Bali. Once again he could offer me a nice dive package suited to my own personal wishes so that I could experience the many different dive sites in Bali. On arrival Sebas picked me up from the airport which is really relaxed after a long flight. At first he showed me the house reefs of Tulamben and Kubu including the Liberty wreck of course. This was easy shore diving. We encountered i.a. barracuda, tuna, big schooling fish, rays, pygmee seahorse, frogfish and nudibranches. We also went diving in Amed. The dives are made here from shore or from Jukung. Here we encountered many turtles and there are good spots for macro diving. A visit to the Japanese wreck is recommended. After some days we went to Nusa Penida to see the Manta rays. It’s a bumby ride to this island. So bring your motion sickness tablets with you if you know you may need them. Despite the strong currents, cold water and sometimes less visibility diving is great over there if you get to see the Manta rays. Fortunately in the first dive alone we encountered 5 huge ones. I skipped a trip to the dive spots close by Padangbai and Candidasa because I didn’t want to spend too many hours at sea because of big waves. So no sharks for me. However I joined Sebas for a muck diving safari to north west Bali. This was a very relaxed trip. Transport and overnight stay were very well organized. Overall I was really marveled by the biodiversity of the marine life in Bali and Sebas has an excellent knowledge of the dive sites which is a big advantage to find the special species. I’m looking forward to go back to Bali next month. Hopefully Sebas will show me a Mola Mola this time. I am sure it will be a fun adventure again.
Greetings,