Great resort! We stayed there in May for the Open Water diving course and we couldn't have picked a better place to learn to dive. Firstly, the communication with the hotel was excellent; we received fast and clear replies with no hassle. Always a good indication of the rest of the services a hotel provides. We were picked up from the airport and since the drive to Tulamben is about 3 hours from the airport in Bali we had lunch in Candidasa. It's a long ride, but plenty to see on the way.
Our room was on the second floor overlooking the pool. The room was very spacious and it included a big balcony and a big bathroom (although a bit slippery when wet). Overall it was very nice indeed. From the front door there is a great view of Mount Agung. Basic breakfast at the hotel was provided. The staff overall was extremely friendly and nice. The only downside was the Wi-Fi, which was almost non-existent in the room.
We stayed there in total for 4 nights and started the training course right away. The dive course was amazing. We learned so much and our instructor Eric was fantastic and fun. He was patient, helpful and knowledgeable about all things diving related. After our pool training sessions we had 4 dives in the open water. Because the resort is located quite near the shore, we only had to walk a short distance to the diving location. It was quite convenient. The dives were great in their own right. Just a few meters below the surface is the infamous wreck of the USAT Liberty. For our first dives we went along this amazing wreck, saw tons of fish and also a large sea turtle. Not bad for a first dive.
This is a great place to stay for a few days and do some diving. Besides diving there is not much to do in Tulamben though, the town itself is somewhat quiet (I personally like that, but for some people it might be too much). There are a few restaurants down the road from the hotel, which offer pretty good food especially the Tulamben resort related restaurant. We loved the food there and came back a few times.
Will definitely consider coming back to take the Advanced Open Water course.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Standard, Superior and Penthouse Rooms are at our dive centre hotel, right in the centre of Tulamben. Our Beachfront Villa Suites are about 1km out of Tulamben and we provide free scooters or car shuttle to get you to our dive centre and/or local restaurants for meals - breakfast is served at the villas. We recommend the Beachfront Villa Suites for guests who like very quiet accommodation. Both locations are set in tropical gardens with sparkling pools, modern and very clean. All rooms have air conditioning & ceiling fans, hot/cold water, fridge / mini Bar, tea and coffee making facilities, TV with DVD player for playing DVDs (there is no TV program) Our room rates include full, cooked, breakfast - we even have vegemite! Tulamben is a small village, about 3.5 hours from the international airport and famous tourist destinations such as Kuta, Legian, Seminyak, Sanur, and Ubud. The village is almost completely geared towards scuba diving - there is also some snorkeling. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Tulamben Wreck Divers Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tulamben Wreck Divers Hotel Tulamben
- Tulamben Wreck Divers Resort Bali