Im a newbie and came here with an intention of completing my open water course, while my friend who's an experienced diver came to take underwater photography lessons and do social/fun dives.
At the end of my stay, I walked away completing 3 more courses (total of 4 altogether).
TWD is an excellent resort as they cater for newbies to experienced diver. From the time we arrived at the airport, the driver was there waiting for us (eventhough our flight arrived early). The car was spacious for our luggages (as we brought most of our own gear, except for the weights and tanks).
I stayed in one of the new superior rooms at the ground floor, which was comfortable with spacious and firm bed. It has a safe if you want to lock your wallets, passports etc, it has a hot shower, mini bar, TV and DVD, aircon and fan.
The resort was a nice easy walk to various dive sites such as: Liberty Wreck, Coral Gardens and Drop-Off. Which suited a newbie like me as I got to experienced them all and was able to practice my skills while having fun.
Erik was my instructor and he's excellent! He knew how to deal with the anxiety of newbies and made me at ease after my very first ocean dive. I enjoyed my courses and progressed to Advanced and took Deep Specialty and Nitrox as well. By 3rd day I was averaging 3 to 4 days of diving, as I also took social diving with the guides in between my courses.
Darma - one of the dive guides is a macro fan! He's very good at finding the little stuff! Make sure you ask him to take you to the "cleaning station" in Coral Gardens.
One of the highlights of my experience is the diving the wreck at night - which I got to do 3 times and it was awesome! We got to see a huge moray eel, bumphead parrotfish, big gropers etc.
My favourite was the close encounter with the turtle at the Drop-Off at 5m off the wall...fantastic!
With regards to food, I favoured the "Safety Stop" resto which is about 500meters away from the resort.
There's also a convenience store opposite the resort so if you're OK to use the typical brands of shampoo, soap, detergent etc then don't bother bringing those with you to save your precious kilos of luggage.
You can also request for a massage which only costs about 8 to 10AUD (full body). Trust me, after 4 dives a day, nothing beats a good sleep after a relaxing massage!
I strongly recommend this resort to anybody wanting to try diving, average and even experienced divers. There are so much to see and do. We also did a day trip to Seraya which was a heaven for the macro buffs!
I will definitely come back :-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Standard, Superior and Penthouse Rooms are at our dive centre hotel, right in the centre of Tulamben. Our Beachfront Villa Suites are about 1km out of Tulamben and we provide free scooters or car shuttle to get you to our dive centre and/or local restaurants for meals - breakfast is served at the villas. We recommend the Beachfront Villa Suites for guests who like very quiet accommodation. Both locations are set in tropical gardens with sparkling pools, modern and very clean. All rooms have air conditioning & ceiling fans, hot/cold water, fridge / mini Bar, tea and coffee making facilities, TV with DVD player for playing DVDs (there is no TV program) Our room rates include full, cooked, breakfast - we even have vegemite! Tulamben is a small village, about 3.5 hours from the international airport and famous tourist destinations such as Kuta, Legian, Seminyak, Sanur, and Ubud. The village is almost completely geared towards scuba diving - there is also some snorkeling. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Expedia, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Tulamben Wreck Divers Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tulamben Wreck Divers Hotel Tulamben
- Tulamben Wreck Divers Resort Bali